UNT vs. SMU 2015 Gameday Central Information

James329

here's my list of complaints:

- The student ticket package is just too cheap and will cause a whole bunch of kids to partake

- The info for transportation to/from the game is simply too easy to follow

- The amount of forethought and planning shown here eliminates too many excuses for not attending this game

- We look too much like a big time program with this effort...that's a dangerous precedent

^^^^This!!! Funny and I love the satire

• Upvote 2

• Harry pinned this topic

I'm still working on the pre-train-to-tailgate activity at Vickery Park in historic downtown Plano.  They supposedly have a very popular brunch on Saturdays.  The manager is supposed to call me back tomorrow.  The general plan is for Mean Green fans in that neck of the woods to meet up at Vickery Park for some lunch/brunch and drinks as well as possibly catching some early games on the TVs prior to catching the DART train (right by Vickery Park) to Mockingbird Station.  It's an easy walk from Mockingbird station to the SMU campus.  Should still be plenty of time to catch the North Texas tailgates.  

• Upvote 2

...or a freaking bumper sticker, anything?

Rick

Homeless Scrappy is homeless, folks! What the hell do you expect from him? 

Maybe we should do one of those go find me things to get him proper clothing (ie jersey for game day). If nothing else, do it for the children, who are forced to view naked homeless Scrappy ever single home game.

#Clothehomelessscrappy!

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4

The Eastern Europe meet up will be in my apartment in Chisinau, Moldova. I will depart from my usual excellent selection of high-end (yet very affordable) Moldovan wines to drink beer and bourbon on NT football Saturdays.

Holler if in the region.

• Upvote 6

SMUMUSTANGS.COM
SMUMUSTANGS.COM

SMUMUSTANGS.COM

Aug. 28, 2015

DALLAS (SMU) - SMU strives to provide our guests with an exceptional experience, from the moment that fans leave for the game to the time they return home. To that end, SMU has created a transportation and parking plan designed to keep the traffic moving, make it easy to park, and ensure the safety as fans make their way into the stadium.

Fans can get to the game using Dallas' great public transit system, DART. Round-trip passes cost just $5 and parking is free at the DART stations. Mockingbird Station, which is serviced by the Blue, Red and Orange DART Lines, is conveniently located near the SMU Campus. A gameday shuttle bus service is available from Mockingbird Station or fans can take the short walk to Ford Stadium. Many fans don't realize that Mockingbird Station is actually closer to Ford Stadium than SMU's famous Dallas Hall!

For fans driving to the game, both free and paid parking is available. For ease, fans can purchase parking passes in advance. A map is available on SMUMustangs.com/Parking to show campus points of entry. Please note that day-of-game, cash parking is only available via SMU Boulevard, University Boulevard and Hillcrest Avenue. Fans should be advised that the communities of Highland Park and University Park have established resident-only parking areas near the SMU campus. Cars without resident parking or guest permits may be cited by the Police Department. Please use caution. SMU recommends parking only in designated SMU gameday parking areas to avoid any issues. As you approach campus, there will be additional signs, as well as police and traffic attendants, to help direct you along your route and to your parking lot entrance.

spacer.gif

Due to campus improvements, there is no longer direct vehicle access from East Campus to Bishop Boulevard. All vehicles with a parking pass for Moody, Binkley, and Westcott should enter campus via SMU Boulevard. Only vehicles parking in the Meadows Garage, the Church and Westcott lots, or on Bishop Boulevard will be allowed to enter via Bishop Boulevard. 

Uber will also be available for fans heading to the game who would like a different option from driving their own vehicles. There will be a dropoff and pickup station at HPUMC to give fans a ride to and from Ford Stadium. Fans can utilize a promotional option by typing in the code SMUPONYUP to receive $20 off of their ride if they are a first-time user, and for every promo code used, Uber will donate $5 to Alcohol Awareness through Mustangs Who Care.

Another key change for 2015 is the new clear bag policy that will be enforced at Ford Stadium. As at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, the only permitted bags will be those made of clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC which do not exceed 12 x 6 x 12 inches, one-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc or similar) or small clutch bags (approximately the size of a hand), with or without a handle or strap. All bags except those approved under the clear bag policy are prohibited.  Additionally, all fans will also be subject to security wanding prior to entering the stadium.

For up-to-date details on parking, ticket and gate information, campus maps, and more, please visit Gameday Central. We look forward to welcoming you to the Hilltop this fall as Coach Chad Morris and the Mustangs begin a new era in Mustang Football!

Edited by Harry

Here is SMU parking info:  http://www.smumustangs.com/parking/

If you do not want to take DART or you want to park near the stadium you may want to buy your parking now. 

Here is a way to save $10 on parking:

"They have a website and mobile app that you can use to find and book a guaranteed parking spot before you even leave the house. Check it out! If you click the link below, we'll both get $10 off. You'll get your $10 as soon as you click it, but I won't get mine until you use it - just another reason you should! http://www.parkwhiz.com/promo/taf/?pwu=ac1064712 "

After you sign up for an account they will e-mail you a discount code.

• Upvote 1