DW

EastTexasMG

Start him. He can do whet Greer and McNulty does but he adds something to this offense no one else can do. Start him on Thursday!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you but Mac is super conservative and wants just a bus driver. Defense & the running game are Mac's thing. I dont think we'll see DW unless Greer gets hurt or pulls another night like UT...

What I liked is that he actually KEPT THE BALL on a zone option read. Teams moving forward that scout NT will tell the defense to basically ignore Greer to keep it. He showed ZERO interest in keeping it.

Yeah, but the one time Greer kept it he should have handed off. Instead, he fumbled the ball and was bailed out by McKinney recovering it.

What I liked is that he actually KEPT THE BALL on a zone option read. Teams moving forward that scout NT will tell the defense to basically ignore Greer to keep it. He showed ZERO interest in keeping it.

Except when he was getting sacked...

Bring on the bad reputation votes...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When he's been inserted into the game (say what you want about "garbage time") he has produced. That's about all you can ask for.

He needs to show up for practice. He needs to keep his mouth shut and do the things the coaches ask him to do. He's obviously the most physically gifted QB on our roster. He can't seem to he out if his own way. Anyone can show up for game day. Life is about showing up all the other days, too. I want him to succeed but I want him to be a complete person more. He'll figure it out and we'll win a bunch of games.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I ran into one of our starting wide receivers, not going to mention his name, after the game at one of the restaurants. Talk about a very nice guy and extremely appreciative of supporting the team, very impressive young man! He basically said that the QBs make the plays during practice but when they get into the game they freeze up. It's hard to switch from all the QB's because each throw differently and the way you have to play the ball. He said DW was the best athlete and QB talent "By Far" and "when he (DW) is in along with him, it was guaranteed Touchdown". I then asked why he thought he wasn't starting... To summarize, DW practice attendance wasn't the best, he is very quiet in huddle, not really a vocal, take charge/leader type of guy, where as the Greer and McNulty are more vocal leaders. It was obvious he was respectful in regards to Greer and McNulty but would like to see DW step it up! I also asked about Means... He said he came from a more running style system in HS so he isn't the best passer either, "but he is young".

Very very nice and appreciative guy! I wish him well with many more games/seasons ahead!

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 1

So it sounds like if anyone wants to get upset at someone for not getting DW more playing time, they need to get upset at DW.

This is what I gathered from this conversation. Not once did he say he didn't understand why coach Mac wasn't starting him. You could tell he got excited talking about DW too which is frustrating to me... I wish DW was hungry for it!

Edited by MeanGreen01