Who would you start at QB vs SMU ?

NT03

Only at UNT could there be a QB controversy between the #1 and #3 QBs, with just about everyone agreeing that #2 isn't in the competition.

If Greer is anything but really good against SMU, the coaching staff should consider giving DW a shot.

I just want to see how bare this cupboard really is. If we know what we get out of 1 or 2 in game time and it ain't pretty... Let's give 3 or 4 a chance.

I hope our coaches are willing to play anyone who actually wants to play.

No place for scared children running this team.

Only at UNT could there be a QB controversy between the #1 and #3 QBs, with just about everyone agreeing that #2 isn't in the competition.

If Greer is anything but really good against SMU, the coaching staff should consider giving DW a shot.

I agree with your assessment.

To be fair, McNulty was at least a running threat.

Until we actually use the QB run part of the Zone Read, why even have the window dressing? Canales loves to give this look, but he the QB only keeps it 2-3 times per game and typically in situations which are very predictable. You have to have the threat of the QB run at least be enough to keep a defense (in this case the backside LB and safety) honest. We just simply don't do that under Canales, so the window dressing is clearly a waste of time.

I agree McNulty provides somewhat of a run threat, but you have to actually use it to be a viable option.

Until we actually use the QB run part of the Zone Read, why even have the window dressing? Canales loves to give this look, but he the QB only keeps it 2-3 times per game and typically in situations which are very predictable. You have to have the threat of the QB run at least be enough to keep a defense (in this case the backside LB and safety) honest. We just simply don't do that under Canales, so the window dressing is clearly a waste of time.

I agree McNulty provides somewhat of a run threat, but you have to actually use it to be a viable option.

This. Zone read with an immobile quarterback is stupid.

Means is all of our qbs rolled into one. He may not be the best at any attribute, but all the other qbs have weaknesses.

McNulty can run and knows the offense. Cant throw.

Greer knows the offense, but is not mobile and may have a nervous issue.

Williams cant/wont learn the offense.

Means knows the offense better than dajon, can throw better than McNulty, and runs better than Greer. He was hand picked by Chico also.

• Upvote 1

If that were to happen, who could blame Dajon for transferring. What in the world did he do that was bad enough to not be given a chance last night?

I believe he has some "character issues," didn't give it his all during the offseason and doesn't know the play book. Also: maybe,just maybe, he just isn't that good.

If that were to happen, who could blame Dajon for transferring. What in the world did he do that was bad enough to not be given a chance last night?

I totally agree. Rather than bring back Greer after the McNulty int., they should have run Dajon out there to see what he could do under pressure. If he was never going to be an option, then they shouldn't have brought him along with the traveling squad.

Also: maybe,just maybe, he just isn't that good.

What he rolled out against Idaho (yes, I know different level of competition) was better than we have seen from McNulty against G5 competition. Greer was clearly shaken, I have not given up on him yet, but he obviously wasn't going to be effective last night.

Clearly Dajon couldn't have done anymore harm... what was he going to do, throw a double interception? Accidentally hand Strong the playbook?

• Upvote 3

I believe he has some "character issues," didn't give it his all during the offseason and doesn't know the play book. Also: maybe,just maybe, he just isn't that good.

I love you say he has character issues... You know anything about him?? No, ok well he just had a kid, he's trying to take care of on top of being a D1 athlete and student. Sure, he needs to man up but he's 19 and made a lot of plays in the lone game we saw him as a true freshman. He's what we like to call a gamer.

I really don't see Dajon doing any better under the circumstances. If he went out there and threw a pick too would everyone be calling for Means to start this week? Really these threads are just way too knee jerk-y for me. I want to see Greer again against not Texas.

Dajon went 5/6 for 55 yards against Idaho. That is better than any FBS game McNulty or Greer has had. I am not calling for Dajon to start at UT or even SMU. I just don't know, when he has the best in game performance of any QB on the roster, why he didn't get AT LEAST ONE FREAKING SERIES when the other qb's were throwing out this:

Greer: 2 of 11, 8 total yards and 2 INT's
McNulty: 1 of6, 7 total yards and 2 INT's
Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 2

I love you say he has character issues... You know anything about him?? No, ok well he just had a kid, he's trying to take care of on top of being a D1 athlete and student. Sure, he needs to man up but he's 19 and made a lot of plays in the lone game we saw him as a true freshman. He's what we like to call a gamer.

I was aware and that's great and I'm not judging him for it but as you pointed out that is a lot to take on at his age. We saw him in the fourth quarter against a terrible Idaho, but again all this has been rehashed over and over again and it's pretty tired. Personally, I don't think he will play a down at North Texas.

In one game last year, I was sitting behind the parents of one of our outstanding DB's. McNulty came into the game briefly because of an injury to DT. When some people let out a bit of a groan, the father of the DB turned around and said "don't worry he's got game".