Sid Moore

H-towngreen

I was shocked when he didnt stick in the NFL. It was so fun watching the OUs and UTs double team him to no avail.

If Sid ends up being half of what Brandon Kennedy was, he will be All-Conference 1st team.

Also, is Kennedy in the hall of fame? If not, why not?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Moore: 6'1" 257#

Booger: 5'10" 336#

Sid gives up 80 pounds to Brandon Kennedy. He was still the fastest/quickest DT I have ever seen. You only get one Brandon Kennedy a lifetime.

Definitely different body types, but I made the comparison based on position and quickness. Mac has commented several time that Sid is one of the quickest DLs he has ever coached, and he has had some good ones over the years. The question is: Is this coach speak to motivate/reward Sid or is this the truth?

We will find out come Saturday. Gonna be fun watching the new kids.

I was shocked when he didnt stick in the NFL. It was so fun watching the OUs and UTs double team him to no avail.

If Sid ends up being half of what Brandon Kennedy was, he will be All-Conference 1st team.

Also, is Kennedy in the hall of fame? If not, why not?

Were you there?

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20130414-hall-of-fame-kennedy-heads-latest-inductions-to-hall-of-fame.ece

Maybe you were up in the fancy-pants club level getting your 5th scoop of caviar.

Were you there?

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20130414-hall-of-fame-kennedy-heads-latest-inductions-to-hall-of-fame.ece

Maybe you were up in the fancy-pants club level getting your 5th scoop of caviar.

While I'm definitely not above going back for 5ths on the caviar (Russian Osetra Black only, please), I was jetting off to Nova Scotia during that Spring game to see the total eclipse of the sun, so I did miss this induction ceremony...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, I thought Moore had the best, or at least a tie for the best, film of all our 2013 signees. I thought Kidsy was right up there for that honor as well. And by best film, I mean film where the plays they made looked best as far as translating to D1 ball. Not just good-looking plays.

That class is shaping up very nicely. I believe the only 3-star high school player from that class was Davis and Cody Nelson (who has since quit). Fred Scott was actually rated a 3-star on 247, and was ranked the number 3 fullback in the country, but that was at fullback and not LB. But still, it was a very low-rated class. Despite that, already 4 of the 13 high school players from that class are starting by their second year on campus, with some others in the two-deep. Going to be fun to watch those guys develop.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, I thought Moore had the best, or at least a tie for the best, film of all our 2013 signees. I thought Kidsy was right up there for that honor as well. And by best film, I mean film where the plays they made looked best as far as translating to D1 ball. Not just good-looking plays.

That class is shaping up very nicely. I believe the only 3-star high school player from that class was Davis and Cody Nelson (who has since quit). Fred Scott was actually rated a 3-star on 247, and was ranked the number 3 fullback in the country, but that was at fullback and not LB. But still, it was a very low-rated class. Despite that, already 4 of the 13 high school players from that class are starting by their second year on campus, with some others in the two-deep. Going to be fun to watch those guys develop.

Glad you chimed in. Weren't some of the big boys interested in Sid, but he was questionable to qualify, so they cooled on him? It am I wrong yet again?

• Upvote 1

Glad you chimed in. Weren't some of the big boys interested in Sid, but he was questionable to qualify, so they cooled on him? It am I wrong yet again?

Yeah, SMU offered early on and TCU was close. Grades were a big concern, and he was very small for a DT and too short to play end. When I first saw him on campus last year he looked under 250. Seems like he's big enough now. But yeah, his explosion off the ball was just about as good as it gets. Dude has an extremely powerful lower body and a great motor. Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

and could dunk a basketball.

watching him play football was a treat. watching him hoop is one of my favorite memories from the countless hours I spent at the peb/rec

Every time he grabbed rim at the PEB I was just sure that thing was coming down with him. There were some BIG boys running those floors 02-04

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1