MGB: UNT to sell beer at Apogee

Brett Vito

So... does that mean I actually do have to buy Thor a beer???

And FYI it looks like we still have corporate tailgating sponsorship for the fall.. new internationals, but the same ole drunks

I assume this comment was supposed to make me feel some kind of way.

Not really. Just pointing out the fact that the Greek system has supported UNT for years, much, much better than the official spirit organization. Yet you choose to sling arrows instead of fixing an organization where you are an alumni. Edited by UNTLifer

Let the speculation begin. Will it be draft or aluminum bottles? It's been years since I've had a draft at a sporting event. They don't still serve in paper cups, do they?

At the 4th of July fireworks show, beer was sold in the aluminum bottles.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeanGreenSports/status/485158643189297152/photo/1

Edited by Marty

The thing that makes me most excited whenever I see a Spec's is the uncured applewood smoked bacon. Mmmmm... Bacon. Best I've ever had.

I do actually expect them to be the first to pursue a zoning, permit, or otherwise as soon as the law changes here - seeing as they're owned by UNT grads.

A giant Spec's smack dab in the middle.

Not a spec's fan. They try to sell you liquor they have special agreements with as if it is the best liquor EVAR! Only to realize they are simply pushing the liquor that they maximize profits off of. I like to try new things... but, i don't like wasting my money on something I was sold as great quality.

I stopped going to them after talking to many other stores, store managers, etc.

I'm not still bitter or anything.

Actually, no.

Pulling back the curtain to reveal the wizzard...

Its the "craft" arm of Coors. All the bigs are trying to get a chunk of the craft market by inventing micros. They all have them...Shock Top, Blue Moon, etc.

You really think that little brewery in Colorado could afford national ad campaigns.

The crazy part is that since Coors and Miller joined up, all of the Coors products that you are drinking (including Blue Moon) are being brewed at the Miller plant in FW. The one exception is the Banquet Beer, that is still brewed in Golden.

Nope. It is a Colorado brewery that specializes in Belgian style wheat beer. Much better tasting that the flavored water of Coors and Miller for sure.

This is completely OT but where did you find the logo in your avatar? That's seriously slick.

Searched "Mean Green logo." I don't know that it matters, but the default search engine at my office is Bing, so it might come up differently in Google.

Should have just said that I made it...

Edited by Jason Howeth