Column: Top 5 places to cry (or have sex) on UNT campus

Skipper

Just now, Matt from A700 said:

Umm.... did you not see Fouts Field made the list?

And it wasn't a list for Top 5 places that should go on a date with dynamite?

No kidding.  Aren't both sex and crying potential post game activities?

Shrugs GIF

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2014 at 3:52 PM, Skipper said:

4. Underneath the first floor stairwell on the northeast side of the GAB

This area offers a high level of visual privacy because of the cavernous design of the stairwell. A section roughly 10 feet by 5 feet is deeply tucked away underneath the staircase. Also, the spot lacks foot traffic. There are quite a few students who use the stairs; however, there isn't an exit to the building or entrance to a hallway of classrooms in that stairwell.

Audible privacy is a different story. If you've ever been inside any of the GAB's stairwells you know that it is a resonating chamber. A pin drop's echo would rings out like church bells.

I discovered the weird acoustics of this stairwell at 3 a.m. after working extremely late at The Daily.

I was leaving and heard what sounded like non-stop demonic whispering (or, with benefit of hindsight, when Dave Grohl mumbles in "Everlong").

It turned out to be a Coke can that still had some soda fizzing in it.

On 7/8/2014 at 11:56 PM, eulessismore said:

Missed the Bruce Hall showers.

Back in the day, Bruce Hall was a freaky place to be at. Totally different today. The women showers wall did not go all the way to the ceiling only to the top of the shoulders and if the entrance door was not close you might be able to get a glance.

10 hours ago, Danish43 said:

Back in the day, Bruce Hall was a freaky place to be at. Totally different today. The women showers wall did not go all the way to the ceiling only to the top of the shoulders and if the entrance door was not close you might be able to get a glance.

It wasn't what I was seeing (or not) as what I was hearing that made me think "hmmm".