UNT will be on TV a ton this year, sked and thoughts

Harry

Conference USA announced its preliminary television schedule today.

The good news for UNT is that the Mean Green will be on television a ton coming up this season.

Here’s the schedule:

Saturday, Aug. 30 — UNT at Texas, 7 p.m., Longhorn Network
Saturday Sept. 6 — SMU at UNT, 11 a.m., Fox Sports Net
Thursday Sept. 11 — Louisiana Tech at UNT, 7 p.m., CBS Sports Network
Saturday Oct. 25 — North Texas at Rice, TBA, FOX Sports 1 or FSN
Saturday, Nov. 8 — Florida Atlantic at UNT, 6 p.m., Fox College Sports
Saturday, Nov. 15 — North Texas at UTEP, TBA, FOX Sports 1 or FSN
Saturday, Nov. 29 — North Texas at UTSA, TBA, FOX Sports 1 or FSN

read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/05/unt-will-be-on-tv-a-ton-this-year-sked-and-thoughts.html/

Too bad we aren't playing Army/Navy/AFA on 9/11, we could have a cool memorial thing with fireworks or something.

I don't know. Whenever you play one of the military academies on a National Holiday or a military/armed forces related bowl, and you're not the service academy, you're automatically the "bad guy". Even if people don't have an opinion at that particular school/team, a non-affiliated fan is going to root for the academy.

• Upvote 5

I don't know. Whenever you play one of the military academies on a National Holiday or a military/armed forces related bowl, and you're not the service academy, you're automatically the "bad guy". Even if people don't have an opinion at that particular school/team, a non-affiliated fan is going to root for the academy.

Ok, and? As long as said non-affiliated fan is buying a seat in Apogee I'll welcome their patriotism as they root for the losing team.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ok, and? As long as said non-affiliated fan is buying a seat in Apogee I'll welcome their patriotism as they root for the losing team.

No need to be snippy. I just don't want to be the Middle Tennessee of the last bowl season. Not only losing by alot, but everyone hates you because you are playing against America....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No need to be snippy. I just don't want to be the Middle Tennessee of the last bowl season. Not only losing by alot, but everyone hates you because you are playing against America....

It's not like you're putting on a CCCP jersey.

• Upvote 1

Hey at least they go to play in a bowl. Yeah they crapped the bed, but in the Belt they wouldn't have had a bed to crap in.

Hey at least they go to play in a bowl. Yeah they crapped the bed, but in the Belt they wouldn't have had a bed to crap in.

Well sure, but it doesn't change that fact that I would prefer to play Academy-affiliated teams in non-military related bowls or on days other than those related to strong patriotic feeling.

• Upvote 2

I think the MT issue was more that they played dirty than that they played against one of the academies. It made them look worse to play that way against an academy, but they would have come out looking bad no matter who they played.

• Upvote 4

I think the MT issue was more that they played dirty than that they played against one of the academies. It made them look worse to play that way against an academy, but they would have come out looking bad no matter who they played.

I have to agree. Middle didn't project a good image in that game. No one will ever win fans by cheap shotting service academy players in the Armed Forces Bowl, and then jumping around like they're proud of it. It really reflected poorly on our conference. MT is better then that.

Edited by Side Show Joe

I have to agree. Middle didn't project a good image in that game. No one will ever win fans by cheap shotting service academy players in the Armed Forces Bowl, and then jumping around like they're proud of it. It really reflected poorly on our conference. MT is better then that.

Yeah, because they've obviously changed so much since hitting Ja'Mel with cheap shots when he called for fair catches.

As long as we come out in loud red, white, and blue uniforms and come out to the Team America Theme Song, we'll be ok.

Three wonderful cats, but technically, my wife had two of them before I met her.

So you're basically raising some eles's cats.