UNLV Probably Will Not Be In Another Bowl Next Season

Greenrex

That is BS. DFW has 6 million people. How many are UNLV alumn?

The Tampa/St Pete area has roughly 2.8 million people. How many of them are NT alumni?

Yes, that's about half the size of DFW, but we also have a larger school with more alumni - that probably are more spread out across the States.

A few years ago when I was trying to get an LA Alumni Chapter of NT up, they sent me a listing of all the folks they had some sort of contact information out here. It was three counties worth --- wanna guess how many there were? If I recall correctly it was around 3500. That's for the 2nd largest market in the USA.

Edited by CMJ

I think 5-6K would be best case scenario (eg. a weekend game). If it's on a Wednesday at noon, I'd think maybe half that.

But if it was on New Year's Day with direct flights easily available, I think at least 5 to 6k.

Which why its good UNLV won't be bowl eligible.

Funny fact. Have a friend who is a TCU fan and has been to a Frog gane at UNLV. When I told him who are opponent was and asked him how many they would travel, his response was "they don't travel to their own stadium."

He was right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is this a genuine concern? Seems pretty random.

Oops, sorry! I thought I was on the "Pie" board where the finger pointing immediately goes to the President when the least little thing goes wrong in the system......even when several layers of other people are in charge. Again, my apologies............... B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Who was the Chancellor?

Who was the Athletic Director?

Who was the Academic Advisor?

All good questions, but none of them should shoulder too much blame individually.

Since this was a problem/concern @ UNLV for several years, I wonder if any of those guys/positions listed above were relieved of their duties.