Duck Dyn and the Independence Bowl

Wag Tag

Yeah, the whole "well it's in the bible so that makes it okay" is used by people who have never read the bible. Genicide is okay. It's in the bible. Bigotry and slavery is supported by the bible. It's my religion. It's okay to make horrendous statements about people. I have faith!!

I read the Bible and am comfortable with my statement since I understand the relationship between the New and Old Testaments. Phil stated his religious beliefs, which are obviously different from some people. Those that disagreed got all pissed off and screamed for his firing. Seems to me they are being just as intolerant of his beliefs as they claim he was being with their's which is slightly hypocritical. Agree or disagree, but why should one side resort to namecalling and the other be ridiculed for the same actions?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

So much :no: in this thread. And if anyone is winning here, it's Caribbean.

Silver,

Regardless of where you stand on any kind of hot-button topic, and despite your proclivity for saying things that get you in doo-doo, I HIGHLY doubt you would accuse this man to his face of adoption for appearance sake... Wow.

in before the lock.

• Upvote 3

And they could truly be the loving family they appear to be. Works both ways but its easier to smear people you disagree with politically or religiously.with the broad brush. And I've done it before too so I'm not dismissing myself on that.

And there's no doubt you've been making wild, jumping-to-conclusion accusations longer than I've been putting out fires.

I certainly hope you are not making reference to my conduct on the job. Because I would never refer to your professional conduct as a "Chinese fire drill".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I read the Bible and am comfortable with my statement since I understand the relationship between the New and Old Testaments. Phil stated his religious beliefs, which are obviously different from some people. Those that disagreed got all pissed off and screamed for his firing. Seems to me they are being just as intolerant of his beliefs as they claim he was being with their's which is slightly hypocritical. Agree or disagree, but why should one side resort to namecalling and the other be ridiculed for the same actions?

You bring up good points. There's no easy answer. People use their religious beliefs as an excuse to do horrible things. Slavery was justified by white people based on passages in the bible. Including the New Testament. This mess in Arizona is a disgrace to humanity. People have the right to believe as they wish. No problems with that. However, when you violate someone's civil rights based on a religious belief, the line is crossed.

You bring up good points. There's no easy answer. People use their religious beliefs as an excuse to do horrible things. Slavery was justified by white people based on passages in the bible. Including the New Testament. This mess in Arizona is a disgrace to humanity.

People have the right to believe as they wish. No problems with that. However, when you violate someone's civil rights based on a religious belief, the line is crossed.

More to the point, you should expect a higher level of "critique' for your opinions because you are in a large public forum and you get paid a lot to be in that forum.

• Upvote 1

So much :no: in this thread. And if anyone is winning here, it's Caribbean.

Silver,

Regardless of where you stand on any kind of hot-button topic, and despite your proclivity for saying things that get you in doo-doo, I HIGHLY doubt you would accuse this man to his face of adoption for appearance sake... Wow.

If I believed it I would.

• Upvote 1