East Carolina (2/15/14)

CMJ

Never lose faith. We can win this. I would like to see how the team responds. They didn't look down until the very end of the game. Hopefully they put it in the rear view mirror.

ECU and UTSA are our best hopes for wins. The F_U schools and Tulsa are likely losses. With each game it looks more and more like we'll finish another season with a losing record.

Remember when we used have 20 win seasons and would contend for the conference's sole NCAA tournament spot year after year? I do, and it feels like it was an eternity ago.

• Upvote 5

We should have a chance in every game of the last road swing of the year, just based on talent going against FAU, FIU, and UTSA. But I mostly agree, which is sad considering how much more talent we have than those teams.

Agreed. I was hoping we would beat ODU and start a 5 game win streak. Hopes dashed...

Let's just remember anything can happen in the tournament. If we win it and make the tournament I would be relatively pleased.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Alzee needs just 7 points to reach 1,000 for his carrer.

Does anyone have a list of our top 20 scores of all-time? I think Al would move into the top 20

They had it in last games program. He and Jordan were at like 22 and 24 something like that. What surprised me was that Alzee played 115 guys but the guy sitting at 20th in scoring only played like 51. And it was a time with no three pointers. Maybe teams are to deep nowadays or maybe teams are way more physical. I am unsure. A lot of guys they are passing had just as many points in less then half the games. I found that interesting. That or maybe we were good in the 60s.... I was not around then. Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Alzee needs just 7 points to reach 1,000 for his carrer.

Does anyone have a list of our top 20 scores of all-time? I think Al would move into the top 20

Yes, whenever Al reaches it he will be with 20th player to have 1,000 points in his NT career. Also, Jordan needs 43 more, so he should get that as well with at least 8 games left.
  • Upvote 2