Can we fire benford yet?

eagle2014

A bunch more people cared 2 years ago, Skiv.

You, emimit, rick... The normal alums? In general a very small percentage of Denton's population comes out and supports UNT. Obviously losing will not change it.

I do not understand this. Before the season started we were pushing for 30k at games. Someone was making signs and pushing it hard. A year after we were what 4-8? Yet we are sitting around .500 in basketball and they refuse to go to games, much less make signs? Is it a double standard? Is it a hate for basketball? Or just a hate for Benford? It makes no sense for me. We can go out after a 4-8 football season and preach hit 30k yet in basketball all we can scream is fire the coach. Yes the football team turned it right around and erased that poor season. Let's just hope the basketball team can do the same. Maybe it will take a coaching change (after this season). Either way where are the hit 10k at the pit signs?

• Downvote 3

You, emimit, rick... The normal alums? In general a very small percentage of Denton's population comes out and supports UNT. Obviously losing will not change it.

I do not understand this. Before the season started we were pushing for 30k at games. Someone was making signs and pushing it hard. A year after we were what 4-8? Yet we are sitting around .500 in basketball and they refuse to go to games, much less make signs? Is it a double standard? Is it a hate for basketball? Or just a hate for Benford? It makes no sense for me. We can go out after a 4-8 football season and preach hit 30k yet in basketball all we can scream is fire the coach. Yes the football team turned it right around and erased that poor season. Let's just hope the basketball team can do the same. Maybe it will take a coaching change (after this season). Either way where are the hit 10k at the pit signs?

I started my hit30k campaign after the Ball State and Georgia games. That's a lot different than making the effort to making hit10k signs for a team that can barely beat D2 ballclubs and routinely gets run off the court at home and away

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I started my hit30k campaign after the Ball State and Georgia games. That's a lot different than making the effort to making hit10k signs for a team that can barely beat D2 ballclubs and routinely gets run off the court at home and away

Props on the the campaign however.... I do not see much of a difference. You either support a team or you do not. I understand if you are not a basketball fan but it's really no difference. The football team was 1-2 then I believe. The basketball team has been above .500. Where were you? All I am saying is show up and cheer. Let the coaching issue be resolved at the end of the season. I see no reason to bail. If we are the underdog so be it. Everyone loves a underdog.

Edited by Andrew
  • Downvote 2

Props on the the campaign however.... I do not see much of a difference. You either support a team or you do not. I understand if you are not a basketball fan but it's really no difference. The football team was 1-2 then I believe. The basketball team has been above .500. Where were you? All I am saying is show up and cheer. Let the coaching issue be resolved at the end of the season. I see no reason to bail. If we are the underdog so be it. Everyone loves a underdog.

There's no way you're for real.

• Upvote 1

There's no way you're for real.

What does that mean? I asked an honest question. You threw a ton of support behind a 1-2 team who was 4-8 the previous year and to be honest no one had any clue how they would do the rest of the season. No different then the basketball team. Only yea the football team went on to win a bowl and right now the basketball team is going in the opposite direction. Of course all of the campaign was done before any football success. It could be done before any basketball sucks as well.

• Downvote 3

What does that mean? I asked an honest question. You threw a ton of support behind a 1-2 team who was 4-8 the previous year and to be honest no one had any clue how they would do the rest of the season. No different then the basketball team. Only yea the football team went on to win a bowl and right now the basketball team is going in the opposite direction. Of course all of the campaign was done before any football success. It could be done before any basketball sucks as well.

He'd be wasting his time. Ask your coworkers to attend next years' northwood game.

Or make your own hit 10k sign. MeanGreener has to save his energy for football season.

The hit 30K campaign also had a national TV game as part of the impetus. We getting national TV basketball game?

How does that affect getting people to games? So was the goal to fill the stands so we look good on television or was the point to fill the stadium and have a consistent fan base? I want a consistent fan base. No reason basketball should not have one. Win or lose. We pushed football when they were losing. So I'm to believe it was just because of the new stadium or a game on television? How about we push attendance at every event regardless of records or coaches. Players get four years at UNT. The least alumni could do is go out and show them support in the little time they are here.

How does that affect getting people to games? So was the goal to fill the stands so we look good on television or was the point to fill the stadium and have a consistent fan base? I want a consistent fan base. No reason basketball should not have one. Win or lose. We pushed football when they were losing. So I'm to believe it was just because of the new stadium or a game on television? How about we push attendance at every event regardless of records or coaches. Players get four years at UNT. The least alumni could do is go out and show them support in the little time they are here.

I'd say it's pretty easy to sell people on filling the stands when it's a TV game. No, it wasn't JUST to look good on TV, but that campaign will have more traction WHEN there's a TV game.

Ok go to the denton mall and just ask random people what they think of the basketball situation at north Texas. Moat people will say oh yea I loved how they win that bowl... Or man they are um... Doing good.....?

I am not being optimistic of any situation. I am telling you for a fact they don't. There are what 90k people in Denton? If even half of them know anything about UNT basketball I will buy you a dinner. Heck go to the mall, walmart, and a restaurant and video your interaction. Ask your waiter. Let me know what you get.

A bunch more people cared 2 years ago, Skiv.

that's the difference in a fan being able to see a program on the rise vs seeing a program that has an anchor holding it back from progressing...

i personally am not going to any basketball games because this is the most effective way to show RV that i do not support this higher...

• Upvote 1

If there's anything that raises a red flag for me on this whole subject, it's that people have simply stopped caring.

Even through the unprecedented ineptitude of the previous football administration, people still cared.

This thing? Is Benford as bad or worse than Dodge was? On X's and O's I truly don't know. On alienating and breeding massive indifference, it appears so.

• Upvote 2

You keep touting things as facts and that Nobody is interested in the program. I work at a company with over 5k people in our office complex alone and it's a fact you are wrong. A lot of alums at work are aware and interested of the basketball situation but don't go to games because of Benford. All the crap you spout is your opinion, it's certainly not fact.

• Upvote 1

that's the difference in a fan being able to see a program on the rise vs seeing a program that has an anchor holding it back from progressing...

i personally am not going to any basketball games because this is the most effective way to show RV that i do not support this higher...

Or lower ;-)

This is the very reason I cancelled my season tickets before this year and have not stepped foot in the pit this year.

That, and I just couldn't take sitting 2 rows behind the most inept college basketball coach in D1 and having to listen to all the dumbassery that routinely fell from his mouth during a game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You keep touting things as facts and that Nobody is interested in the program. I work at a company with over 5k people in our office complex alone and it's a fact you are wrong. A lot of alums at work are aware and interested of the basketball situation but don't go to games because of Benford. All the crap you spout is your opinion, it's certainly not fact.

I find it hard to believe many people out there know anything about our program. I will stick to that. Same goes for football. You said a lot of alums. I am talking about just your a average person. Still I would bet even many average alums don't have a clue what is going on.

I randomly made up an indefensible position based on the only world view that could possibly support by ignorance. I will stick to that. Same goes for football. You said a lot of alums. I am talking out of my ass. Still I would bet even many average alums don't have a clue what is going on.

FIFY

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1

Or lower ;-)

This is the very reason I cancelled my season tickets before this year and have not stepped foot in the pit this year.

That, and I just couldn't take sitting 2 rows behind the most inept college basketball coach in D1 and having to listen to all the dumbassery that routinely fell from his mouth during a game.

lulz just saw that... this is what i get for responding to these topics when i'm just getting out of bed

i'm still very confused as to what is the point of Andrew's argument that nobody cares about the program...

is this supposed to make me feel better?

are you trying to say that only people on the board and the people in attendance care about the program? in which case, about 80-90% of the people on this board want him gone and the dwindling attendance reflects the same?

i'm still very confused as to what is the point of Andrew's argument that nobody cares about the program...

are you trying to say that only people on the board and the people in attendance care about the program? in which case, about 80-90% of the people on this board want him gone and the dwindling attendance reflects the same?

I know. It sounded like he was trying to use that logic as a justification for keeping him when in fact you just pointed out that even fewer people care about NT basketball based on attendance having a downward trend.

• Upvote 1

This whole argument makes little sense... It only gives more evidence to justify a new change. Just a few years ago there was quite a bit of talk about the progress of this program. And I have never seen a program take such a hard turn in lack of support as I have seen with this one. But, given the circumstances, it is completely understandable.

I haven't been to a game this season. I have grown to really not care anymore. I hope that changes. But, why would I pay to go see something that only gives me more negative experiences and frustration than positive? No thanks. I have better ways to invest my time and money.

It's because Andrew's entire existence on this board is a bit. From the 2-3 zone defends the 3 all the way to this crazy thread.

Probably Cerebus? Maybe Tasty, but I doubt it.

But definitely a bit.

It's because Andrew's entire existence on this board is a bit. From the 2-3 zone defends the 3 all the way to this crazy thread.

Probably Cerebus? Maybe Tasty, but I doubt it.

But definitely a bit.

I can't wait to see who you are coaching against in the GMG game...or are you going to be coaching against yourself!?

*ninja face*