Liberty University to the Sunbelt ?

There was some chatter about Liberty going to C-USA during the last realignment shuffle. Considering the Belt doesn't have any privates (no, that's not what I meant), and that Liberty has pretty solid across-the-board athletics, it wouldn't be a bad add for them. Except for the fact that it is geographically ridiculous.

Have you guys heard about the Liberty University Museum? They have dinosaur bones date at the time of Christ. I was looking at that place for grad school till I found out about that jive...

Although, the tuition is a great deal and they have some good professors.

Edited by North Texas Shep
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Karl Bensen. Killing conferences one at a time.

Sidenote, how do you embed a tweet?

I see several people still struggling with this.

1) Navigate down your timeline to the tweet you want to embed.

2) Click anywhere on the tweet: on the body text, image, etc...the tweet will expand and you will see a link for "DETAILS" (image below)

3) Click on "DETAILS" and your browser will take you to a URL specific to that tweet. Just copy and paste that URL from the address bar into the forum post box, and you're good to go. No extra BBC code or tag is necessary

gallery_655_185_113786.jpg

We laugh, but I'm sure somewhere on GoLiberty.com, there's a poster taking Bob Sturm to task for making jokes about his alma mater on the air 16 years ago. Sun Belt/C-USA - are we really all that different?

Another FCS pull up from the looks of things.

Other than Notre Dame, BYU, and Army there are no FBS schools to consider and they need a replacement for Western Kentucky.

Liberty is a large university and usually competitive in most sports. It seems far away to us but it's not a lot farther than WKU and closer than we are to Old Dominion or Marshall.

It seems far away to us but it's not a lot farther than WKU and closer than we are to Old Dominion or Marshall.

The point about their geography is that they are far from any potential conference mates, not just that they happen to be far from Denton, TX. They are 450 miles of challenging roads from what would be their nearest Sun Belt foe (Georgia State) and an additional 200 miles on the same road to the second nearest (Troy). After that, everything is a solid two-day drive.

Old Dominion is C-USA's outlier, and they are 325 miles from Charlotte and 460 miles from Marshall. WKU and MUTS are both a single day's drive. As for Marshall, they have 6 C-USA schools within a single day's drive.