BB radio show to begin Jan 13th

NT03

I consider it entertainment like a sport. But let's be honest shows like archer are making our country weak. 30 year old men use to work hard come home and work harder (hey I'm lazy too...) but now they sit around watching crap on tv and listen to crap like the ticket. The definition of a man has definitely changed. And again do not get me wrong I get caught up in the crap as well. I just try as much as I can to ignore it haha.

My father in law would disagree. As would most men I know who came out of the military. And again I fall into the trap to. I am sitting here watching that 70s show. But the point still stands. The role of a man has changed in the last 15 years. I guess they expect less so that is why they expect less of other adult men in the 20s. Not really sure. I would say men use to be more mature just even 10 years ago.

I'm just mentioning what I have seen adult men do in my life. Real men. Maybe we should talk basketball again haha. The leader of my church group won't watch tv (says a real man never should unless it's urgent news or a few sporting events). Says he should never curse, always hunt when your stressed, and always be within reach of his children at all times that he is not working. If you're going to listen to the radio never music. Only books on tape or WBAP. That's just the start of being a real man. It's hard to follow of course. But that is what real men do. They mentor others. Hard enough for me to not watch tv at night though.

You seem to view the world from a very, very small window.

There are lots of things that make a man a man and never have I heard that watching only urgent news and a few sporting events was one of them.

I'd hate to hear what your views are of women and their place in the world ...

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 4

You seem to view the world from a very, very small window.

There are lots of things that make a man a man and never have I heard that watching only urgent news and a few sporting events was one of them.

I'd hate to hear what your views are of women and their place in the world ...

Actually, his views of women might be interesting.

If we are going to suffer trolls, may as well get the rest of the story too.

• Upvote 1

So, assuming anyone bothers going to the next one, what are the odds that they will allow a question about why we may have to forfeit a win over one of our non D1 opponents?

Friendly wager this doesn't get mentioned at a future radio show?

The question and answer segment will not be allowed all year. Mark it.

Not even any cute Facebook with Poppi segments.

It could get really ugly if they were.

Why would it not? They should allow any question from anyone. Regardless of record or anything else. People need to be honest one way or another. I will still be a fan and probably show up to the next coaches show. Do they do them every week? That would be nice.

You guys are really stretching. Since none of you were there you really are clueless about it I would think.

Just FYI, the mike was out and available to anyone wishing to ask a question. Since there were so few fans attending, I am going to guess no one wanted to ask a question. I had no interest in asking a public question. Got to ask mine in private before, during and after the show. Sort of one of the perks for actually attending.

But, any of you who want to come and ask a question, feel free. Usually the loudest board talkers are pretty much the quietest ones in public. They seem to always want someone else to ask the questions. Interesting how that often works. Easy to post on a message board what someone else should do...actually doing it yourself and in public, well not so much. But, the opportunity exists. Come on out next Monday at 6:30 and ask away. Inquiring minds will appreciate your being there to ask.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

To be honest, they never really did. We've had maybe 2 dozen regular female posters here in the last decade.

But they are no where to be found and my wife stopped posting because of "stubborn male stupidity" haha. Still it doesn't help the case haha.

Anyway. I think that if some of these people live in Denton they should go to the next radio show and ask questions. I'm just as curious as everyone else. I listened on the radio but I want more QA.

You guys are really stretching. Since none of you were there you really are clueless about it I would think.

Just FYI, the mike was out and available to anyone wishing to ask a question. Since there were so few fans attending, I am going to guess no one wanted to ask a question. I had no interest in asking a public question. Got to ask mine in private before, during and after the show. Sort of one of the perks for actually attending.

But, any of you who want to come and ask a question, feel free. Usually the loudest board talkers are pretty much the quietest ones in public. They seem to always want someone else to ask the questions. Interesting how that often works. Easy to post on a message board what someone else should do...actually doing it yourself and in public, well not so much. But, the opportunity exists. Come on out next Monday at 6:30 and ask away. Inquiring minds will appreciate your being there to ask.

Not a bad idea, at least then RV can shoot us dirty looks when he walks by us at MBB games.
  • Upvote 1

But they are no where to be found and my wife stopped posting because of "stubborn male stupidity" haha. Still it doesn't help the case haha.

Anyway. I think that if some of these people live in Denton they should go to the next radio show and ask questions. I'm just as curious as everyone else. I listened on the radio but I want more QA.

What was her screen name ?

• Upvote 1

You let your wife use the internet?

• Upvote 6

What was her screen name ?

Something with kappa kappa gamma I believe (KKG). She didn't post but a few times but read a lot of stuff on here. She is not a basketball fan though. Sometimes football and the pie is for everyone forum. I'm working on basketball with her haha

Edited by Andrew

Something with kappa kappa gamma I believe (KKG). She didn't post but a few times but read a lot of stuff on here. She is not a basketball fan though. Sometimes football and the pie is for everyone forum. I'm working on basketball with her haha

I swear to crap if she menstruated while typing at us...

Next time tell me when I have to burn my computer.

• Upvote 4