Mack Brown is stepping down

Mean_Green09

Conflicting reports is a good way to some up the internet on pretty much everything.

Lets not forget SMU might have a new coach by next year also.

It's all speculation until news is officially uttered from the Cow down south.

Edited by UNTFan23

Conflicting reports is a good way to some up the internet on pretty much everything.

Lets not forget SMU might have a new coach by next year also.

Recruiting ploy. They don't want their class to blow up. He is gone and he knows it. The board knows it. Only thing left to do is finalize the buy out. That is what will be done Thursday.

Only way the President of UT stays in his position of president is if he let Mack go. He is going to do it to save his own butt

Recruiting ploy. They don't want their class to blow up. He is gone and he knows it. The board knows it. Only thing left to do is finalize the buy out. That is what will be done Thursday.

Only way the President of UT stays in his position of president is if he let Mack go. He is going to do it to save his own butt

Yup. Herbstreit was on 103.3 and he said he called Mack and Mack said he was in Miami recruiting.

He'd have a buyout now.

http://bamahammer.com/2013/12/06/report-nick-saban-agrees-contract-extension-alabama/

Believe it or not, there is some allure to staying with a stacked roster in the best conference in college football.

Just saying he might have agreed or said that looks good, but nobody has reported he signed it. Not even any of the Bama sites. So I'd still be concerned if I was a Bama fan Its an ongoing ordeal. So much fun to watch the Longhorns go crazy over this stuff.

This is funny, my wife and I were talking about this possibility about a week ago. Curious to see if they might go another direction and put Major in the driver's seat. I know, "Don't hire anybody without HFC experience," so it's very unlikely, but isn't he their golden boy that all of their alumni love?

I think Briles would be nuts to go anywhere but the NFL. Fans and boosters at big schools can be pretty fickle, and if he didn't produce he'd be out in a few years, whereas if he rides out the Baylor situation, he could be a legend there forever.