SI Bowl Rankings

meangreen24

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131210/college-football-bowl-rankings/#ixzz2n62vhuzf

Haha wow.

35. Heart of Dallas (Jan. 1): North Texas (8-4) vs. UNLV (7-5). At the dawn of 2014, the least interesting matchup of bowl season is a New Year's Day game played in the Cotton Bowl. That sound you heard was 1964 turning over in its grave.

Edited by meangreen24
  • Upvote 1

Lets give them something compelling to watch then.....

• Upvote 1

Yea I have a bunch of friends who said they rather 1a playoff game then UNT ever grace the field. At what point did we lose all credibility? Because this year has been amazing and we should be getting some recognition! Still our basketball team is much better know then the football even with their success this year. Next year we need to push this bowl win big time!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yea I have a bunch of friends who said they rather 1a playoff game then UNT ever grace the field. At what point did we lose all credibility? Because this year has been amazing and we should be getting some recognition! Still our basketball team is much better know then the football even with their success this year. Next year we need to push this bowl win big time!

This is where we begin the slow process of building back our credibility..... Baby steps..... A bowl win on NYD would be a very good step in the right direction.

Edited by DirtySavage

Who cares what SI says? Didn't know they even knew there were more than the BCS bowls as it is but....

.... the HOD is the only bowl game I'm really interested in seeing (in person) since most of us on this board are going to spend $75 a ticket to go watch our school's team kick some butt I'm biased, but I think we have a very fun & interesting team to watch especially when all cylinders are running. We hope America gets up on New Years Day and gets to see that team.

I stopped subscribing to S.I. long ago--they're irrevelant in my day in and day out sports world as it is. I'd rather read the Farmers Almanac.

GMG!

When Boise Was Bozo! :hair:

When Boise first started going to bowl games they received similar treatment from the national media. The sports media court jestors most always want to devaluate newbie bowl teams to clown status, but I don't think any of the S.I. staff writers have seen our school's football team, especially that Mean Green D, now have they? :zoro:

? Can't recall any of Boise State's first few bowl games ever being on New Years Day, though. :) Then they had several winning seasons in a row, annual Top 25 ranked football teams (even while losing one HFC after another) then they beat OU in that most exciting Fiesta Bowl and the rest is history for a school that would then finally get the attention of the S.I crowd & national media in a most positive way. We have 1 winning season in almost a decade, so I don't think any of us could really expect the national media to genuflect in our direction.........yet.

:bling: ? ADDENDUM: Just like Syracuse, Boston College and PItt showed a definite interest in coming down here to play a CUSA team in the HOD Bowl game, would SMU & TCU gladly change places with North Texas right now?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

Well, when you have been as bad as we have for the last DECADE, this is what national blowhards will say.

Just enjoy our alma mater playing on New Year's Day and keep supporting. Credibility takes time. Get mac's contract done, keep on investing in the product, and increase our attendance numbers.

National blowhards like this guy will only like the best of the best. Just like the rest of America, they see great and suck. No in between.... I am f'ing pumped. My group of 21 will be there, ready to go.

A) Sports Illustrated still exists?

B ) Don't give a crap. Going to see North Texas in a bowl game for the first time. North Texas football is my primary entertainment expenditure, so I'm going to enjoy it.

C) Theoretically, each season in college football should stand independent of all others. Reality, they don't. Two words -- Todd Dodge. It'll be a while before anybody cares about us. A while. We gotta earn it.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1

Somewhere around 1978. But we're on our way back now!!!

. . . I'd rather read the Farmers Almanac. . . .

Which I really hope is wrong:

“South Central U.S. Long Range Weather Forecast for December 8th, 2013 - February 7th, 2014 (Includes Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico)

December 2013

28th-31st. Fair, then more unsettled weather.

January 2014

1st-3rd. Showers, much colder.”

Edited by jredallas

Which I really hope is wrong:

“South Central U.S. Long Range Weather Forecast for December 8th, 2013 - February 7th, 2014 (Includes Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico)

December 2013

28th-31st. Fair, then more unsettled weather.

January 2014

1st-3rd. Showers, much colder.”

One on GMG.com has posted that............ all's well and clear sailing for New Years Day from wherever he got his forecast and now those darn farmers are saying "THAT?" :(:)

Addendum: And best forecast of all? Mean Green Coach Dan McCarney on his radio show last night at Rudy's said it will be blue skies and sun'shiny on New Years Day! Heck yeah!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Exactly. This person reminds me of the tool who says there are too many bowl games - usually an OU or big program fan. Are you kidding me I cannot have too much college football.

I also had two persons text me to get them tickets - one a UH fan and the other a USC fan. Yeah, that non-interesting bowl does have some allure and a lot for Green starved fans. TCU and SMU would love to have our tragic bowl to play in.

Choose excitement.

GMG

• Upvote 1

I think CBS's breakdown (which had us at a still low #31) -- had the #35 game pegged correctly. The New Mexico Bowl, a 7-6 CSU vs a 6-6 Washington State. In what world is that a compelling game?

The only cool thing about that game is the trophy, which I've always kinda dug.

original.jpg

• Upvote 1