Wore my green to Ford today

emmitt01

Took in the SMU loss (well, half of it) and enjoyed the company of the other 500 people in attendance. Dressed head to toe in green I got a few sideways glances and one guy who asked me why I was there. When I replied that we were already going bowling and had the week off he replied "Yeah, well just wait until we play next year". Never let the ponies say they don't pay attention or care about us.

Also, while sitting there I was approached by this guy: http://rivals.yahoo.com/indiana/football/recruiting/player-Jay-McCants-94727 Seems he remembers losing to us in 2011 and is looking for a place to play his last two years. I did the right thing and referred him to the AD offices instead of encouraging him.

We can win this game next year folks. SMU does nothing special.

6'5''? Nice.

Serious question, if you had to put a number on attendance, would you really put it at 500 people? If so, wow.

Took in the SMU loss (well, half of it) and enjoyed the company of the other 500 people in attendance. Dressed head to toe in green I got a few sideways glances and one guy who asked me why I was there. When I replied that we were already going bowling and had the week off he replied "Yeah, well just wait until we play next year". Never let the ponies say they don't pay attention or care about us.

Also, while sitting there I was approached by this guy: http://rivals.yahoo.com/indiana/football/recruiting/player-Jay-McCants-94727 Seems he remembers losing to us in 2011 and is looking for a place to play his last two years. I did the right thing and referred him to the AD offices instead of encouraging him.

We can win this game next year folks. SMU does nothing special.

Are you sure you want this guy. Has already been with two teams. Read this:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-08-22/sports/sfl-former-indiana-wide-receiver-jay-mccants-joins-fau-football-team-20120822_1_fau-football-fau-stadium-second-receiver

Emmitt were you the only person there not related to those that had to be there? Band, cheerleaders, players, coaches on that were on the field?

Any photos?

Diet Coke Boy was with me.

And, yes EE, I would put the number in the stands at 500. Could have been 11,500 in the suites like their attendance number suggests...but I'm cynical.

• Upvote 1

I hate to see teams struggle. Lord knows we have been there and understand the feel of being defeated. The students should have been at that game. It really want that cold outside when you bundle up and yell like hell for your team. I look forward to introducing them to Apogee next year. I have several months to concept my battle art. Maybe would could print out a bunch of them to show in the stands in large format?

Yes.

RQdq8WN.jpg

Awwwwww....

That seriously makes me want to cry.

WHAT s***** parents to not even to sho w up for their kids games... we have parents that fly in, drive extremely long distances and would die before missing a game. SMU has just as many parents from the Texas area as we do. Those athletes deserve better. if not from their parents, THEIR SCHOOL. THAT IS RIDICULOUS.

Edit.... And upon further evaluation of the photo: if that isn't a real depiction: Cerebus, I hate you.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 2

Dallas fans are the ultimate fair weather fans

Awful weather for people to go out in. A game at Apogee yesterday would have looked bad as well. Remember NT is 3 times bigger than SMU. I don't see how people fail to realize that attendance problems are inevitable for small private schools. Miami has always had attendance problems even when they were dominating.