Quote of the Game

UNTflyer

"We just didn’t play Mean Green football and lost to a soft, unphysical, below-average football team."

-Mason Y’Barbo

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20131124-football-unt-loses-shot-at-west-title.ece

"We just didn’t play Mean Green football and lost to a soft, unphysical, below-average football team."

-Mason Y’Barbo

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20131124-football-unt-loses-shot-at-west-title.ece

To be fair put the whole quote on here:

“We just didn’t play Mean Green football and lost to a soft, unphysical, below-average football team,” Y’Barbo said. “I have no doubt in my mind that we are the better team, but we weren’t today. It’s embarrassing what we did out there.”

Obviously, a lot of emotion in a loss like this, however UTSA was by far the better team Saturday and that is all that matters.

To be fair put the whole quote on here:

“We just didn’t play Mean Green football and lost to a soft, unphysical, below-average football team,” Y’Barbo said. “I have no doubt in my mind that we are the better team, but we weren’t today. It’s embarrassing what we did out there.”

Obviously, a lot of emotion in a loss like this, however UTSA was by far the better team Saturday and that is all that matters.

Certainly better prepared.

• Upvote 1

"We just didnt play Mean Green football and lost to a soft, unphysical, below-average football team."

-Mason YBarbo

Glad this quote didn't make the DMN. Mason is one if my favorite players and though this may be how he feels, spouting it to the media comes across just sounding like sour grapes IMHO.

Glad this quote didn't make the DMN. Mason is one if my favorite players and though this may be how he feels, spouting it to the media comes across just sounding like sour grapes IMHO.

I understand , but I disagree. I think mason, as a captain of the team, is conveying the general opinions and feelings of the whole team. If the media doesn't know how he or the team really feels after the game then they wouldn't ask. I prefer this over players giving standard coach speak.

Certainly better prepared.

Silver I could not agree more, and absolutely no reason for it.

Would really like to see an OC change in the off season.

But that ain't gonna happen.

I think this is what has to happen to see a better prepared offense.

I am as unconvinced this year that Chico-as-OC is the problem with the offensive play calling as I was unconvinced of it last year.

I remember watching McCarney's Iowa State teams and the offense is, minus a few tweaks, the same. One back sets, pistol, occasional I formation, and some three back sets. Philosophy-wise, there's a clear pattern to what Mac does: establish the run, mix in some play action, screens, and wheel routes. Take a shot down field every now and then, but mostly eat them up with the run. That's Mac Ball. No matter who the OC is, we'll see the same offense as long as Mac is here.

Yesterday, we never established the run. The passing game didn't get going until late in the 2nd half.

It's not a bad offense. It needs better execution from players and coaches.

• Upvote 1

Sad to see that comment and I'm sure he wants to take it

Back. I believe he is a junior? He will have his chance to play against the defense again next year since only 1 defensive starter for UTSA is graduating.

Sad to see that comment and I'm sure he wants to take it

Back. I believe he is a junior? He will have his chance to play against the defense again next year since only 1 defensive starter for UTSA is graduating.

Why exactly would he want to take that back? I'm sure he and the rest of the team are just terrified to play UTSA again. UTSA played well but we also played our worst game of the year. Perfect storm for you guys. Next year you likely won't be so lucky. Oh, rowdytalk.com.

Oh, so you can still talk about things concerning the game (even bring me up) but I have to move on as soon as the game is over? Haha, nah I'd rather poke fun at yall instead. You deserve it.

Did you make the trip? If so, did you like OUR stadium, on OUR campus?

Did you like OUR conference championship banners?

Did you like actually seeing a student section? A real band? A real college town?

Just wondering.

Sucks to go back to the turd that is UTSA, don't it?

Why exactly would he want to take that back? I'm sure he and the rest of the team are just terrified to play UTSA again. UTSA played well but we also played our worst game of the year. Perfect storm for you guys. Next year you likely won't be so lucky. Oh, rowdytalk.com.

Simply meant that he probably made that statement because he was angry but likely regretted it today. This UTSA holds grudges and they have been talking about La Tech running up the score in 2012 all year. The defense will likely remember that comment next year when they all return as seniors

Did you make the trip? If so, did you like OUR stadium, on OUR campus?

Did you like OUR conference championship banners?

Did you like actually seeing a student section? A real band? A real college town?

Just wondering.

Sucks to go back to the turd that is UTSA, don't it?

Your stadium is nice. Not the eighth wonder of the world yall make it out to be but it's not bad.

Maybe it wouldve seemed better if it wasnt half empty though.

We can talk about the game, but coming over here to "poke fun" at others, is the definition of being a sore winner.

We can be sore winners/heckle players as long as the players arent like that, remember? Or is there a double standard?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Simply meant that he probably made that statement because he was angry but likely regretted it today. This UTSA holds grudges and they have been talking about La Tech running up the score in 2012 all year. The defense will likely remember that comment next year when they all return as seniors

Alright, chief. Lol.

Your stadium is nice. Not the eighth wonder of the world yall make it out to be but it's not bad.

We can be sore winners/heckle players as long as the players arent like that, remember? Or is there a double standard?

I'm really trying to help you out here. Talking a little trash leading up to the game is okay, heckling during the game is okay. Once the game is over, shake hands, congratulate each other, then go your separate ways. Celebrate with your fans, and let the other fans vent. But move on. I'm done here. If you'd like further assistance, send me a private message.

The Alamodome is over half empty for 5 out of 6 of your games.

Edited by meangreener