We have NO

TheColonyEagle

I've stayed relatively quiet because we've been winning, but the qb play has been pitiful. Blame it on drops or whatever you want, he's been bad.

We'll never know, but I refuse to believe that if we had started Williams, Berglund, or even Mcnulty that they would be this bad at this point in the season. DT hasn't improved, he's proven that his time here. Maybe those guys would've been a little rough at the beginning of the year, but through experience and talent they would've put us in a better position to win than DT does.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm pretty sure I got blasted for discussing Derek costing us a game. He did.

Ryan, that thread about DT being the elephant in the room couldn't have been more right and it was proven today. We were winning with DT, but not because of him. We had a championship team in just about every aspect except qb. People are bitching about the defense but they only have up 21 points. Not a good game by them, I agree, but they've spoiled us to the point that we feel like they did bad even though they only have up 21 points.

We chose to ignore the elephant in the room

• Upvote 1

Ryan, that thread about DT being the elephant in the room couldn't have been more right and it was proven today. We were winning with DT, but not because of him. We had a championship team in just about every aspect except qb. People are bitching about the defense but they only have up 21 points. Not a good game by them, I agree, but they've spoiled us to the point that we feel like they did bad even though they only have up 21 points.

Agree on Thompson but you have to be just as critical of the defense. They let 14-20 on 3rd down conversions, and most of those were 3rd and long. The defense did not do their job!

• Upvote 1

Yup. I knew it would cost us a game, just was praying it wasn't this one. He's similar to Matt Schaub.

Defense wasn't great but they held them to 21 points. That should be good enough.

Edited by meangreener

Agree on Thompson but you have to be just as critical of the defense. They let 14-20 on 3rd down conversions, and most of those were 3rd and long. The defense did not do their job!

They didn't do a great job. Had they done better they would've held them to more like 14 or even only 7 points. Whether they gave up 7, 14, or 21 points today we should be able to win.

They didn't do a great job. Had they done better they would've held them to more like 14 or even only 7 points. Whether they gave up 7, 14, or 21 points today we should be able to win.

Agreed. There are too many people on here saying it was all offense and defense did enough to win when they didn't. The defense got run up and down that field, keeping UTSA's offense on. They gave up huge plays, tons of 3rd downs, didn't dominate in the trenches etc. If the defense keeps 1 touchdown off of that scoreboard we have a better chance to not have to make a miracle play at the end.

• Upvote 1

But for some reason, im still more disappointed in the defense and the coaching. I guess DTs performance was predictable for me. Coaches got whipped pretty bad too.

Bingo. Defense has been spoiling us all season to the point that we think they played terrible. If you give up 21 points a game over the course of the whole year that's good for 23rd in the country.

We're used to this from DT and the offense. And yeah, not a great coaches game by any standards.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. There are too many people on here saying it was all offense and defense did enough to win when they didn't. The defense got run up and down that field, keeping UTSA's offense on. They gave up huge plays, tons of 3rd downs, didn't dominate in the trenches etc. If the defense keeps 1 touchdown off of that scoreboard we have a better chance to not have to make a miracle play at the end.

Man, I don't know about that. We are all so spoiled by the D winning games for us and they didn't tonight. But that's not to say their play wasn't sufficient to win at home. They only gave up 21pts. You can't expect them to cause 4 turnovers and score a TD every game. The Offense has to win us some games and they haven't played well enough to do that the last few weeks.

It's pretty clear, if our D doesn't play like the best D in CUSA, this offense can't do enough to win. Period.

• Upvote 3

Man, I don't know about that. We are all so spoiled by the D winning games for us and they didn't tonight. But that's not to say their play wasn't sufficient to win at home. They only gave up 21pts. You can't expect them to cause 4 turnovers and score a TD every game. The Offense has to win us some games and they haven't played well enough to do that the last few weeks.

It's pretty clear, if our D doesn't play like the best D in CUSA, this offense can't do enough to win. Period.

To me giving up a FG means you can do better. The defense should strive to not give up any points, I would hope that the coaches wouldn't settle for 21 points being "good enough." I think people have been so enamored with this D that they are willing to overlook that they had a bad game today. We needed stops and they did one some occasions but on others we let them march down the field.

No one is denying that the offense didn't do their job. They were horrible, and deserve a huge part of the blame. I'm just saying that there are 2 halves to this and they both need to take responsibility.

I actually expected UTSA to put up about as many points as they did, and even thought they would beat the spread. But I figured on us putting up about 24-28. No TDs by special teams or defense hurt us...but yeah, we've been spoiled by expecting that. When DT has decent games, we don't have to worry about that as much. But for the offense to get snuffed and ALSO not have the extra oomph from the other phases...well, you can't really expect any one unit to carry the team anyway, and when they are all having an off night then it doesn't matter how good you USUALLY are, you aren't likely to win.