We have NO

TheColonyEagle

I'm pretty sure I got blasted for discussing Derek costing us a game. He did.

Thompson hasn't played well for several games, but the team lost that game. He looked bad compared to the UTSA QB, but I didn't see a lot of open receivers ether. I also didn't see a lot of open running lanes for the Green and the defense allowed an almost 70% third down success rate. Add McCarney with a game plan that apparently assumed NT was going to run at will, and there was more than plenty blame for everybody.

First off...that's certainly not true as you were in the chat-room most of the 4th quarter. Perhaps that's where you're confused...that 4 you left before represented quarters, not minutes.

Secondly...you said you left because of the performance.

Lastly...and most importantly..."easy" isn't a word that I, or any of the other alums no longer in the DFW area would ever use to describe what it's like for us to have such distant access to our program. It's not "easy" to try and convince some bar to put on the game for a school they've never heard of. It's not "easy" to scour the internet for some shady web-site with a broken and illegal stream...and it's certainly not easy that when all else fails we have to end up sitting in our living rooms with nothing but an audio stream to listen to for 3 and a half hours.

Everyone has cause and certainly right to leave early. But you should probably have a bit more tact or at the very least common sense to do so quietly and on your own terms rather than professing your willingness to quit on your team to a group of people who have sat through far worse, traveled for far worse and would have relished the opportunity to have been there Saturday, in spite of the outcome.

This has got to be one of the dumbest disagreements. You know that phones these days have internet, right? You act like I was talking to you.

I didn't even respond to you in the chat room despite your numerous tries at baiting me.

"Tact" would have been emotionally posting that I thought body parts should be severed or calling for contracts to be terminated, right? But you choose to harp on me leaving early... You're being ridiculous. Just stop.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This has got to be one of the dumbest disagreements. You know that phones these days have internet, right? You act like I was talking to you.

I didn't even respond to you in the chat room despite your numerous tries at baiting me.

"Tact" would have been emotionally posting that I thought body parts should be severed or calling for contracts to be terminated, right? But you choose to harp on me leaving early... You're being ridiculous. Just stop.

For someone that claims to love gettin a rise out of people on the Internet.... You sure don't like gettin yer goat got.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

For someone that claims to love gettin a rise out of people on the Internet.... You sure don't like gettin yer goat got.

I do like that sometimes. It was fun when we were winning. It's not fun right now.

And I'll submit if I am wrong when it's a good argument. This is stupid. Ugh.. whatever.

• Upvote 1

Interesting that we are just a few weeks removed from arguing if DT is a HOF.

Unfortunately not being able to see the game I can't really give much opinion. While I don't doubt DT struggled and the drops killed us the most frustrating thing in listening to the game was almost every 3rd down. I got sick and tired of UTSA being in 3rd and long and then hearing George say some incarnation of Souza back to pass....complete for a first down. Just disgusting.

Of course the defense has been the backbone this season no question! But that was terrible. Skladany has the guys say "Championship Defense" in the locker room. That was nowhere near championship defense on Saturday. Plain and simple. Zach Orr even admitted it.

And also funny how a few weeks ago we were comparing this defense to 2002. No chance the '02 defense allows that many 3rd down conversions.

This here. What were they, 14 of 19 of 3rd down? The distance didn't matter. They converted them short, long, and in between, running and passing.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Thompson hasn't played well for several games, but the team lost that game. He looked bad compared to the UTSA QB, but I didn't see a lot of open receivers ether. I also didn't see a lot of open running lanes for the Green and the defense allowed an almost 70% third down success rate. Add McCarney with a game plan that apparently assumed NT was going to run at will, and there was more than plenty blame for everybody.

I responded to this McCarney game plan thing on one of Harry's threads. McCarney is McCarney. He's gonna dance who who brung him. The run game brung him, and so he's going to stick with it.

We're either happy to be 7-4 and in a bowl game dancing with the run game that brung us, or...?

I think the main problem is, as discussed over the past few seasons, is adjusting within the game. Although, honestly, I'm really having a hard time complaining much at 7-4 and still a chance to get and eighth and ninth win. I was one who, before the season, said we'd only win four games - and, only by a miracle would we get as many as six! I've never been so happily wrong!

So, as low as my bar was set for this group in August, I'm happy. If McCarney's groups are going to be run heavy and have us in the thick of the conference races late in November, I'm not going to compain a whole lot.

Besides, most of the things we used to complain about have been addressed and conquered:

-Get a real stadium, check

-Get a real coach and coaching staff, check

-Get us in a conference with more bowl ties, check

-Stop the eight year losing streak and bowl drought, check

-And set the school attendance record to boot, check

I'm starting the think that unless some people see McCarney, RV, and DT walk on water, they are going to lose the faith altogether. It's as though many people here are like the kid who got a $100 bill in his Christmas stocking, then complained that he didn't get two.

If McCarney or RV left at this point, after all the work they've done, would anyone be surprised? If they can't make you happy by attaining the goals we said we wanted achieved, why would they stay?

If you all were my kids, I'd whip yer asses with a belt and send you to your bedrooms with no dinner!

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I responded to this McCarney game plan thing on one of Harry's threads. McCarney is McCarney. He's gonna dance who who brung him. The run game brung him, and so he's going to stick with it.

We're either happy to be 7-4 and in a bowl game dancing with the run game that brung us, or...?

I think the main problem is, as discussed over the past few seasons, is adjusting within the game. Although, honestly, I'm really having a hard time complaining much at 7-4 and still a chance to get and eighth and ninth win. I was one who, before the season, said we'd only win four games - and, only by a miracle would we get as many as six! I've never been so happily wrong!

So, as low as my bar was set for this group in August, I'm happy. If McCarney's groups are going to be run heavy and have us in the thick of the conference races late in November, I'm not going to compain a whole lot.

Besides, most of the things we used to complain about have been addressed and conquered:

I'm starting the think that unless some people see McCarney, RV, and DT walk on water, they are going to lose the faith altogether. It's as though many people here are like the kid who got a $100 bill in his Christmas stocking, then complained that he didn't get two.

If McCarney or RV left at this point, after all the work they've done, would anyone be surprised? If they can't make you happy by attaining the goals we said we wanted achieved, why would they stay?

If you all were my kids, I'd whip yer asses with a belt and send you to your bedrooms with no dinner!

Wish I could +1 you for an excellent, well thought out post.

Absolutely great post. And you know what I am guilty of this too. On Saturday I was listening and getting all bent out of shape and worked up. Then I remembered with the expectations I had prior to the season, emotionally I am now playing with the house's money. In August if I were presented with our current situation I would have said you are crazy and taken no questions asked.

This program is on the right path. Now we need a bounce back to finish 8-4. And there isn't anyone on this board that would have passed on 8-4 prior to the season because they expected more. Hell, I venture to say 99% would have banked 7-5!!

HAHAHA!!!!!! Well done... a few players that just read this agree!!! ARTICLE! :-)

Good stuff, TFLF. Could not agree more. I have never been so happy to have been so wrong. These kids have bought in and played hard all year, and I love the way the program is being built. Team has a chance to be 9-4 at the end of the year. Great season any way you slice it. Great season.

Yup. And with the exception of switching Rice and Tulane, we're exactly where I thought we'd be - I had UTSA as a "maybe". So I'm not disappointed at all. Beat Tulsa, who I had as a "L" before the season started, and I'm even happier. Win the bowl game and I'll be ecstatic.