Rangers trade news

Love it. Kinsler had a tendency to make errors at bad times. Find a way to resign Cruz. Moreland can play several postions so he can replace Murphy, if he did indeed to to Cleveland. Is Nathan gone for sure? If so, I'd like to bring Feliz back as closer, if he can learn that killer instinct. I didn't sense that in Game 6 against the Cards.

What about AJ? Is he gone? I'd love to have him back.

Sign McCann and you get an All-Star catch, another big bat from the left to balance the lineup and a leader. If was past time for Kinsler to go. He was an error waiting to happen offensively and defensively. Profar should develop now that he is not being moved all over the field. Excited about next year.

As only a slightly biased observer (Red Sox fan...but as a P1 I know and support the Rangers)...I get this deal, I think it makes sense for both teams in terms of finance and position availability, but it doesn't make the Rangers significantly better and I think it probably rules out a rumor that could've been far more practical and fruitful with the Cardinals...Andrus for some package including the likes of Allen Craig, Oscar Tavares, Shelby Miller and/or any of the good young arms (probably save for Wacha) St. Louis has in spades. That still leaves plenty of FA cash to go after McCann and/or Choo and to tip your hat to Cruz.

1. Martin, CF

2. Kinsler, 2B

3. Choo, LF

4. Beltre, 3B

5. McCann, C

6. Craig, 1B

7. Rios, DH

8. Profar, SS

9. E. Beltre/Gentry, RF

IMO, that's a far better line-up than

1. Martin, CF

2. Andrus, SS

3. Beltre, 3B

4. Fielder. 1B

5. Rios, DH

6. Cruz, RF

7. Soto, C

8. Profar, 2B

9. E. Beltre/Gentry, LF

As only a slightly biased observer (Red Sox fan...but as a P1 I know and support the Rangers)...I get this deal, I think it makes sense for both teams in terms of finance and position availability, but it doesn't make the Rangers significantly better and I think it probably rules out a rumor that could've been far more practical and fruitful with the Cardinals...Andrus for some package including the likes of Allen Craig, Oscar Tavares, Shelby Miller and/or any of the good young arms (probably save for Wacha) St. Louis has in spades. That still leaves plenty of FA cash to go after McCann and/or Choo and to tip your hat to Cruz.

1. Martin, CF

2. Kinsler, 2B

3. Choo, LF

4. Beltre, 3B

5. McCann, C

6. Craig, 1B

7. Rios, DH

8. Profar, SS

9. E. Beltre/Gentry, RF

IMO, that's a far better line-up than

1. Martin, CF

2. Andrus, SS

3. Beltre, 3B

4. Fielder. 1B

5. Rios, DH

6. Cruz, RF

7. Soto, C

8. Profar, 2B

9. E. Beltre/Gentry, LF

Given the needs of both teams it certainly benefits both. By no means is the lineup complete but a power hitting left handed 1B has been a need for this team since Tex left. I think this team is far from done. I think McCann sees Texas is serious and after Atlanta he may view Texas as his next choice. Getting Prince does not eliminate McCann or Choo. Texas has the money and more coming in. Afterall they're still a top 4 or 5 media market that's gotten 3 million fans the past 2 seasons. I'm ok with not getting Choo but McCann would be stellar. If there is a deal with STL I think it'll be a Profar from Taveres type deal. I think Elvis is a staple here despite the reports of him being on the market. He hasn't reached his full potential yet and his contract is a bargain for one of the best SS's in baseball. I would like to see Cruz resign for 3 years as a primary DH or fill-in OF'er from time to time. It's so early that I think there's a lot more to come from JD.

Actually, Prince has been a vegetarian since 2008.

If that is really the case, that's one healthy fat guy, and a bunch of local farmers are going to have to start planting more crop! The guy is about a farmhouse wide already!

Is Kinsler going to cut into Mitchell's playing time in Detroit? I noticed he didn't even show up once in the box score.

How many suits did you have to try on to come up with this piece of brilliance? Trying awfully hard after a bit of a rest are you? Your pretty rusty, but you'll get the usual suspects telling you how great you are soon enough. Hang in there. It will be IK...look at you!

• Downvote 2

From knowing plenty of vegetarians, one would think they'd automatically be more healthier but that is far from the case.

It's not all salads and steamed veggies, that's for sure.

Most vegetarians like to eat things shaped like meat made from soy, cheese, and textured vegetable proteins. Fake lunch meat, fake hot dogs, fake turkey, fake chicken patties, etc. Bunch of nasty sh-t.

So when your diet consists of bread, pasta, soy, cheese, TVP, and a buttload of french fries you are probably gonna have some weight issues.

Contrary to popular belief, Fielder is not a vegetarian, and he wanted to dispel that notion right away.

"Let's do this now," he said. "I'm not a vegetarian. Let's just do that. Let's just knock that out. Just write it down.

Any way i dont think we need to sign another outfielder we have craig gentry who hits 300 and is worth 4.6 WAR and does it at league minimum.

I think we need to sign Dioner Navarro to a 3 year deal. would be a steal. But if not him salty or aj i hate the idea of bmac.

• Upvote 1

How many suits did you have to try on to come up with this piece of brilliance? Trying awfully hard after a bit of a rest are you? Your pretty rusty, but you'll get the usual suspects telling you how great you are soon enough. Hang in there. It will be IK...look at you!

Oh, Kram. This is a message board. If you have to try at any of it, you're already doing it wrong.

Don't worry, I'll sweep in and out like a gentle lover, but you'll be the king of empty, alienating content forever.

GOT YER GOAT!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Contrary to popular belief, Fielder is not a vegetarian, and he wanted to dispel that notion right away.

"Let's do this now," he said. "I'm not a vegetarian. Let's just do that. Let's just knock that out. Just write it down.

Any way i dont think we need to sign another outfielder we have craig gentry who hits 300 and is worth 4.6 WAR and does it at league minimum.

I think we need to sign Dioner Navarro to a 3 year deal. would be a steal. But if not him salty or aj i hate the idea of bmac.

Man, Fielder has some hot sports opinions about what the Rangers need.

• Upvote 1