Why can't we make videos like this...

Eagle915

First off, our culture is a little quirky. It just is. I like the IU video too. Maybe someday a group of students will put out a more serious rap video, but why anyone is complaining about the current video is beyond me. That was great on so many levels. It's supposed to be goofy. That's the point. People need to quit thinking they were trying to be Tupac and embarrassed the school.

• Upvote 2

lulz... i'm glad Indiana was able to convince their one non-athlete black student to create a rap for them

seriously though... it's very tough to create the right amount of serious and funny to create a good video... i've rarey seen it captured and here is the best example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_P1PPy7FTo

I didn't think our video was repulsive. I actually thought the kids that did it were pretty talented. But if you're going to go for funny, and shoot it all over the internet representing your school... it has to be really freaking funny, over the top obnoxious or cool.

THIS is COOL, though.

• Upvote 1

Oh my, here we go again. First of all, this IU video is way different than ours. Our video is not just about football, but about being a prideful UNT student in general and it's mostly parody. The IU video has really no pardy elements to it. The music quality is nonetheless better in our video and it's a much less boring video to watch than this one you posted. Get over yourservels and if you want to make a top-quality video that you'll feel proud about, then please do and post it soon. I'd like to watch.

• Upvote 1

Maybe a thread should be started with the title...."Why Do UNT Folks Always Think Someone Else Does It Better?"

This sort of crap-ola is getting a bit tired. "Why can't we" do this or that when some other university comes up with a different message, ad program, promotion, uniform, rap video, etc., etc. Maybe folks should actually open their eyes and ears to all the great stuff happening around UNT these days and focus a tad more on the greatness that is UNT rather than something some other university is doing.

What is Indiana's record this year so far? I believe it is 4-6 and looking like no bowl for the Hoosiers. I believe UNT is 7-3 and bowl bound, right? And, as I recall...UNT beat Indiana the last time they met on the football field...at Apogee no less!

Maybe Indiana should figure out how to win a football game from UNT and not worry so much about a student rap video done in fun.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

You're correct. It's a great video for the football team. By the way, where's the North Texas Model A Ford that used to be around 10 years ago? Last time I remember seeing it was in New Orleans at one of the Bowl games.

Maybe a thread should be started with the title...."Why Do UNT Folks Always Think Someone Else Does It Better?"

This sort of crap-ola is getting a bit tired. "Why can't we" do this or that when some other university comes up with a different message, ad program, promotion, uniform, rap video, etc., etc. Maybe folks should actually open their eyes and ears to all the great stuff happening around UNT these days and focus a tad more on the greatness that is UNT rather than something some other university is doing.

What is Indiana's record this year so far? I believe it is 4-6 and looking like no bowl for the Hoosiers. I believe UNT is 7-3 and bowl bound, right? And, as I recall...UNT beat Indiana the last time they met on the football field...at Apogee no less!

Maybe Indiana should figure out how to win a football game from UNT and not worry so much about a student rap video done in fun.

Because I like Coach Mac's attitude of "Why not North Texas?"

You could have the attitude of, yeah their stuff is better, but look at what we have, and be satisfied, or you could not be satisfied with mediocrity and aim for the stars. I like the UNT rap video, and I think its awesome we did it, but I think theirs is better. Obviously this is just my opinion, but that's why I posted it.

I love my University, and I love the renewed school spirit I've seen at our campus, but I will never be satisfied, and always want UNT to improve.

Yeah, that's the one thing that was decent about UTSA's...if you're going to make a bad rap video, put a lot of hot girls in it. You can do bad, you can do funny, and you can do so bad it's funny, but if there are hot girls then it's just "bad? funny? ahh whatever...hot girls."

But I do think we could make a killer one. You know, like IU had 2...the one that's already up is actually pretty good. But I think we could get something epic, with a massive dance in the Library Mall, interludes by the One O'clock and other groups...remember the video they did for Christmas a couple of years ago? Yeah, that level of awesome, all over again, but instead of a "ride-through" concept do it as a planned music video concept.