I can't... I just can't

golfingomez

Rap / Hip-Hop isn't my thing, but the only real problem I have with it is the emphasis on "UNT" and "Eagles". It isn't until it's almost over that they use "Mean Green" and "North Texas".

I believe RV is right to focus the branding on "North Texas" and "Mean Green" (and that's the way I've always thought of us since I started as a student in 1979) - but we are a bit schizophrenic. The administration uses UNT almost exclusively, and the fight song break is U-N-T Eagles.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, the Union staff doing these have had a whole slew of good videos over the last year.

I was surprised at the inclusion of a lot of inside jokes from the last few weeks and months.

I was actually surprised the union was involved. Not because they don't do cool stuff, but because of the obvious digs at other universities. The SMU bologna degree was a theme throughout.

• Upvote 1

Rap / Hip-Hop isn't my thing, but the only real problem I have with it is the emphasis on "UNT" and "Eagles". It isn't until it's almost over that they use "Mean Green" and "North Texas".

I believe RV is right to focus the branding on "North Texas" and "Mean Green" (and that's the way I've always thought of us since I started as a student in 1979) - but we are a bit schizophrenic. The administration uses UNT almost exclusively, and the fight song break is U-N-T Eagles.

No problem here. We are the UNT Mean Green and we are the North Texas Eagles.

Go Eagles! Go Mean Green!

"they call us North Texas cuz we're always on top"

Definitely thought of "Lonely Island" when I watched this.

hey...they're having fun...we're 7-3...why not...good stuff. Love the little pony, Longhorn, TCU & A&M lyrics...

• Upvote 1

Could not have enjoyed that any more.... awesome! we come on here day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year bitching about the lack of school spirit here at this amazing university, then people proudly display that spirit we are looking for and we bitch about the way they are showing it?! amazing!

good for these kids, I love the video, I love the clever jabs at the other schools, especially the bologna bit. this is a great video and I am proud to have it associated with our school. times are a-changin and at some point that new generation gets to be heard, they are the ones on campus you know... these kids did a fabulous job and I hope this video is seen far and wide...

• Upvote 1

Every cool kid that didn't ever get beat up strongly dislikes this video. I don't make the rules. It's true.

BTW- while I was watching this my other half walks in, sees my face and says "Whats with the disgusted look?" "Huh? I didn't even realize I was making one".

I appreciate the spirit and I guess every good, big school has this kind of stuff floating around. Whatever floats your boat...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

Every cool kid that didn't ever get beat up strongly dislikes this video. I don't make the rules. It's true.

BTW- while I was watching this my other half walks in, sees my face and says "Whats with the disgusted look?" "Huh? I didn't even realize I was making one".

I appreciate the spirit and I guess every good, big school has this kind of stuff floating around. Whatever floats your boat...

Your first comment is the typical trash I expect from you.

And I don't really like the video, even.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Uncalled for. There are more clever ways to disagree.

She has no ability to state her opinion in classier ways. At all. It's a continual thing. At some point, you just get tired and lower yourself to her level.

It is what it is. I don't even care anymore. Racism, bigotry, sexism and classism is cool on here, so whatever, I'm just here for the good times.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

She has no ability to state her opinion in classier ways. At all. It's a continual thing. At some point, you just get tired and lower yourself to her level.

It is what it is. I don't even care anymore. Racism, bigotry, sexism and classism is cool on here, so whatever, I'm just here for the good times.

Dude you're being really melodramatic,take a deep breath,its the internet. Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 3

Your the only one embarrassing our school by being such a douche and yet calling yourself meangreener

Oh, yeah, absolutely embarrassing our school online by making derogatory comments about people's sexuality any time anyone disagrees with the Mean Green Groupie over here. That's so not embarrassing. Doesn't make us look like Ole Miss at all.

• Downvote 1

Sorry, I didn't realize that embarrassing our school on public forums was okay because it's "just the internet." Not referring to you, by the way.

You just called probably one of the only female members of the board a groupie. That's embarrassing yourself on a public board especially after telling her it was classier without her. Looks like we are the same age but you have a lot of growing up to do.

• Upvote 6

You just called probably one of the only female members of the board a groupie. That's embarrassing yourself on a public board especially after telling her it was classier without her. Looks like we are the same age but you have a lot of growing up to do.

Have you not read any of her posts?

So now we're just like "Wooo women posters! Yay!" Just because she's a woman, right? Logical.

I can think of four classy women who post on this forum. SSP is not one of them.

But if you don't have a valid argument, falling back to "Oh, so immature," seems valid.

I threw a like your way for the ballsiness and originality of your argument. Go you.

Edited by meangreener