Here's what worries me about UTSA

Harry

I don't think we can hold y'all under 24, so we are gonna have to put 25+ up if we want to win this one.

If you can keep our D and our special teams from scoring and can avoid too many 3 and outs and turnovers, you could.

I'm not trying to be cocky, but 25+ just isn't very likely. Good D will be what does it for you if you win. If I were a UTSA fan, I would be hoping for a score around 24 points between both teams.

Feel free to explain how being older automatically makes you better.

I'm older than you. I'm better than you. Just like wine. Also, I am damn good looking. Your welcome for the answer.

You need to learn how to en flame this board like Cougar King. Junior, he's one of the greats. Even in the madness of the off season. You bore us with your lack of skill. Now get out there and try harder slick.

I'm older than you. I'm better than you. Just like wine. Also, I am damn good looking. Your welcome for the answer.

You need to learn how to en flame this board like Cougar King. Junior, he's one of the greats. Even in the madness of the off season. You bore us with your lack of skill. Now get out there and try harder slick.

mj-laughing.gif

That's a new insult. Not sure why you would think I mind being told I'm a worse troll than, CK.

• Downvote 1

Sorry buddy but I don't feel the need to justify myself to people that have hatred as unhealthy as yours.

You guys have made me strangely curious what the answer would be. Is it reasonable to say that UNT earned its way and is trying to keep rolling, while UTSA had good timing and is making as much use of that as possible?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You guys have made me strangely curious what the answer would be. Is it reasonable to say that UNT earned its way and is trying to keep rolling, while UTSA had good timing and is making as much use of that as possible?

I don't know. Camino is the one who said we earned our "seat at the table," but seems to have a very hard time explaining why Roadkill got that same seat.

• Upvote 1

I think markets dictate reallignment. DFW helped UNT out, San Antonio helped us out. You also had facilities to pitch, but they play a minimal role in reallignment compared to market size imo otherwise why would we get an invite without any facilities in place.

You guys had what, close to ten consecutive losing seasons heading into this one? So you didn't earn it on the field.

• Upvote 2

I think markets dictate reallignment. DFW helped UNT out, San Antonio helped us out. You also had facilities to pitch, but they play a minimal role in reallignment compared to market size imo otherwise why would we get an invite without any facilities in place.

You guys had what, close to ten consecutive losing seasons heading into this one? So you didn't earn it on the field.

I don't think football record is what helped us. Non-revenue sports, facilities, and decent alumni numbers as well as a moderate TV market share were probably the determining factors. Plus they probably assumed we'd have some decent seasons in football and basketball off and on, but really, you'd have to assume that conference alignment would help with some level of parity in that respect at some level or another.

I don't think football record is what helped us. Non-revenue sports, facilities, and decent alumni numbers as well as a moderate TV market share were probably the determining factors. Plus they probably assumed we'd have some decent seasons in football and basketball off and on, but really, you'd have to assume that conference alignment would help with some level of parity in that respect at some level or another.

I'm sure those other things were part of the presentation and couldn't have hurt your cause but look at all the schools that came into C-USA:

UTSA-San Antonio

UNT-DFW

FAU/FIU-Miami

MTSU-Nashville

ODU-Norfolk

Charlotte-Charlotte

Markets drive this thing. Sure we piggybacked on the San Antonio market, but that can be said for pretty much every new member.

Here is where the rub comes in and your facts run a little astray. North Texas was considered for admittance to CUSA a couple of years ago and we were told our facilities were holding us back. Since then we have built Apogee, completed the Athletic Center, upgraded our soccer and softball facilities, raised money to upgrade the Super Pit and secured a fee increase. We are also on the verge of adding baseball and a stadium on campus. We have upgraded our coaching staffs across the board and secured numerous 6+ figure donations. This, along with deliverying the DFW market, got us in to CUSA this time around. UTSA, on the other hand, provides a television market with no other requirements. Outside of your new fountain, you were just required to lace up your shoes and join the party.

That's alright though, because we are used to earning our way. We have to, because nothing has ever been just handed to us.

• Upvote 3

Here is where the rub comes in and your facts run a little astray. North Texas was considered for admittance to CUSA a couple of years ago and we were told our facilities were holding us back. Since then we have built Apogee, completed the Athletic Center, upgraded our soccer and softball facilities, raised money to upgrade the Super Pit and secured a fee increase. We are also on the verge of adding baseball and a stadium on campus. We have upgraded our coaching staffs across the board and secured numerous 6+ figure donations. This, along with deliverying the DFW market, got us in to CUSA this time around. UTSA, on the other hand, provides a television market with no other requirements. Outside of your new fountain, you were just required to lace up your shoes and join the party.

That's alright though, because we are used to earning our way. We have to, because nothing has ever been just handed to us.

Ok, this is just getting weird. Has anyone actually seen UNT90 and UNTLifer in the same room at the same time?

That had more to do with C-USA deeming SMU the better option for the DFW area. You know that but obviously your AD couldnt say it so the blame had to be put on something else.

Like I said your shiny facilities couldnt have hurt your cause but they wouldnt have made a lick of a difference if you were located in the middle of nowhere. First and foremost you got in because of DFW. Once SMU moved to the AAC you were up next to represent that market. You can be delusional and think Apogee/The Super Pit got you in if you want though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

If we had 'paid our dues', the infant legacy of a failed NFL bid by one of America's poorest cities per capita would not be catching up, even with the significant advantage of PUF funds that UT System institutions enjoy. Maybe the old green stoner is finally deciding to shape up, but don't say he's been paying his dues all these years. Those few of us who really care about him though, have certainly paid our dues.

• Upvote 1

That had more to do with C-USA deeming SMU the better option for the DFW area. You know that but obviously your AD couldnt say it so the blame had to be put on something else.

Like I said your shiny facilities couldnt have hurt your cause but they wouldnt have made a lick of a difference if you were located in the middle of nowhere. First and foremost you got in because of DFW. Once SMU moved to the AAC you were up next to represent that market. You can be delusional and think Apogee/The Super Pit got you in if you want though.

You are so misinformed on this subject. But what would one expect someone who has only followed college football for 3 years.

Still waiting on that earning a seat at the table answer...

• Upvote 2

You are pretty far out, man.

You are clueless. I was here when all of that was going on. You? You were counting the days for Cowbiys training camp to open, but keep telling me how it was. And you wonder why UTSA garners little to no respect.

• Upvote 1