Red Oak cornerback Garrett Davis commits per Vito

GreenBat

• 3 weeks later...

If you were a high school kid, wouldn't you want to take as many visits as allowed by the rules?? Even if I was a "Solid verbal" I would sure as heck want to travel wherever I could for free and see different places I may or may not otherwise see.

If you were a high school kid, wouldn't you want to take as many visits as allowed by the rules?? Even if I was a "Solid verbal" I would sure as heck want to travel wherever I could for free and see different places I may or may not otherwise see.

I thought about that, but when I saw la tech...come on...

Houston is all of a sudden in the mix too? He's opening up his recruiting...trying to pull out that TCU offer. Nothing wrong with that either. The rivals article says he is a big TCU fan.

Unt needs to have a plan b and c.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/CookLike_aSheff">@CookLike_aSheff</a> I&#39;m committed to UNT bro but Houston just offered me the other day so idk bro </p>&mdash; G.Davis (@GarrettD_CB15) <a href="https://twitter.com/GarrettD_CB15/statuses/409768691757092864">December 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I think Nick Orr is a guy we'd make room for. As for White, as long as we can keep our slots (Davis and Adams) and Willie Ivery, we don't need White IMO.

With the kind of speed I understand White has I don't think Coach McCarney would ever turn down. Good to great team speed is what will separate North Texas from all those schools we say we don't want to be associated with. It sure did for Boise State.

Not comparing this recruiting story with White, but North Texas is the school that once turned down Spud Webb for a basketball scholarship back in the day. Yes, I know.....quite unbelievable and that happening during our much too long "Totally Brain Dead & W/O A Clue About College Varsity Sports" era in Denton.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

With the kind of speed I understand White has I don't think Coach McCarney would ever turn down. Good to great team speed is what will separate North Texas from all those schools we say we don't want to be associated with. It sure did for Boise State.

Not comparing this recruiting story with White, but North Texas is the school that once turned down Spud Webb for a basketball scholarship back in the day. Yes, I know.....quite unbelievable and that happening during our much too long "Totally Brain Dead & W/O A Clue About College Varsity Sports" era in Denton.

I don't know, I disagree. I don't think White has the gamebreaking speed that some on here think he does. He's a lot more impressive when it comes to elusiveness than pure top end speed. I really think Ivery is faster.

Also, I really hope we keep Garrett Davis. He would be a really good fit in our defense and I think he'd be a really good cornerback on the far side of the field and Andrew Jones (our other cornerback) would be a really good short side of the field cornerback. Davis has the athleticism, size, and strength to play either really.

• Upvote 1