Mac on the Ticket

Marty

he truly is an amazing human. 66 years old and has more energy at 6:55 am than I do all day long...and I feel like I take care of myself pretty well these days... simply amazing.

Anybody have any complaints now?

RV's hire this time around is starting to look pretty solid. Obviously we aren't at any kind of a "finish line"... but, man, it is much more fun to be a season ticket holder for good ole UNT with Dan at the helm... Hopefully he can keep the arrow pointed up. We'll see.

• Upvote 2

he truly is an amazing human. 66 years old and has more energy at 6:55 am than I do all day long...and I feel like I take care of myself pretty well these days... simply amazing.

Anybody have any complaints now?

RV's hire this time around is starting to look pretty solid. Obviously we aren't at any kind of a "finish line"... but, man, it is much more fun to be a season ticket holder for good ole UNT with Dan at the helm... Hopefully he can keep the arrow pointed up. We'll see.

DMac just turned 60 this summer but I am sure when he is 66 he will have the same energy level!

• Upvote 4

I was miffed that the Ticket failed to mention anything about UNT for college football Tuesday yesterday afternoon after being the only area team with any hope of making a bowl.

This morning, slight redemption. George is going to do his best to get us some exposure. Corby, who I otherwise really do think is pretty funny, doesn't seem to realize that 35e goes north of Royal.

• Upvote 1

I was miffed that the Ticket failed to mention anything about UNT for college football Tuesday yesterday afternoon after being the only area team with any hope of making a bowl.

This morning, slight redemption. George is going to do his best to get us some exposure. Corby, who I otherwise really do think is pretty funny, doesn't seem to realize that 35e goes north of Royal.

The morning show talked about the win vs USM.

But I listened yesterday afternoon. The Hardline never talks about the Mean Green. I thought for SURE they would mention the game. Instead they talked about SMU having to come back against Temple. (Who I belive was beaten by Idaho?) But SMU pays them money so they have to walk that revenue line. Like the DMN, the ticket is an SMU lackey. It's funny they are forced to bow down to that joke of a football program. There are some good alums on the station that cover us (Sean Bass, Georgio, etc.) but you have to consciously and purposely make it a point to not mention UNT at this point. The Hardline does it on purpose. It's pretty obvious.

Just keep winning. We're going to force their hand.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3

Seriously, this whole SMU trying to keep us down thing precedes me by a decade or five. Haden Fry must've ruh-heally pissed in somebody's cornflakes. I just otherwise completely don't understand why they would have such a grudge against a school who has historically never been much of a threat. I guess that was it though. We were kinda a threat in the 70s? After Hayden Fry left SMU to come to UNT? Is that it? Are we still pouting in our trust funds over that?

Seriously, this whole SMU trying to keep us down thing precedes me by a decade or five. Haden Fry must've ruh-heally pissed in somebody's cornflakes. I just otherwise completely don't understand why they would have such a grudge against a school who has historically never been much of a threat. I guess that was it though. We were kinda a threat in the 70s? After Hayden Fry left SMU to come to UNT? Is that it? Are we still pouting in our trust funds over that?

SMU doesn't have the clout or credibility to keep us down anymore. They're a nobody. That's a thing of the past. They CAN pay radio stations to cover them and then expect them to behave. (Which Mike Reiner and others do) Has more to do with SMU buying coverage than UNT. If the Hardline is going to cover a local team and they have to choose between SMU and UNT they're gonna choose their master.

SMU doesn't have the clout or credibility to keep us down anymore. They're a nobody. That's a thing of the past. They CAN pay radio stations to cover them and then expect them to behave. (Which Mike Reiner and others do) Has more to do with SMU buying coverage than UNT. If the Hardline is going to cover a local team and they have to choose between SMU and UNT they're gonna choose their master.

No greater example than Cat not letting Corby play the audio of Dexter Manley calling Troy Aiknan a queer.

Cat said on the air that he didn't want to hurt the relationship with Troy ( even though Manley's comments were made on an unaffiliated station in DC).

Administrators gotta administrate.

No greater example than Cat not letting Corby play the audio of Dexter Manley calling Troy Aiknan a queer.

Cat said on the air that he didn't want to hurt the relationship with Troy ( even though Manley's comments were made on an unaffiliated station in DC).

Administrators gotta administrate.

That was an awkward moment.

Would love to see Bob and Dan there tomorrow.

You couldn't have a more perfect place for a remote than the Alumni Pavilion.

Would have made way too much sense.... Not to mention more than a couple days of planning.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

SMU and TCU both pay good money a couple times a year to bring the Ticket to their campus on remotes. UNT never does. Who's fault is it we don't get talked about more?

Would have loved to see it. Was hoping The Athletic Department would have seen the thread a couple of months ago.

The last time I remember The Ticket at UNT it was when the Hardline came up and did their show from the Union I think and that was when Greggo was still there.

I was listing to Bob and Dan the other day as they were talking about Halloween and Bob was seriously wanting and considering going and taking all of his kids to the NT game tomorrow night but it was vetoed by his kids that wanted to do something Halloween related. Bob mentioned that he'd love to do it and thought it would be really fun. Somehow before all that Sea Bass brought the game up as to what to do on Thursday night and that's how Bob started mentioning that.

So I do think there has been a few more outsiders that have noticed what's been going on in Denton over the last few years in general with the school, MBB, and now FB this season.