Southlake Coach Hal Wasson letting UNT use their indoor facility

Harry

Major university? How about an NFL team? The Dallas Cowboys uses Southlake's indoor practice facility as well.

They do?

Or they did, a handful of times four years ago, and only after their own practice facility collapsed and their domed stadium was otherwise booked?

Edit: Serious question. If they're still going there, I'm not aware and I'd like to know.

They do?

Or they did, a handful of times four years ago, and only after their own practice facility collapsed and their domed stadium was otherwise booked?

Edit: Serious question. If they're still going there, I'm not aware and I'd like to know.

Yes, they still use it. The Cowboys have not re-built the facility that collapsed.

They do?

A serious question back....why would it matter and why would anyone even care?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Thanks to Coach Wasson and SLC for this generous offer. It's a short practice week and Coach Mac mentioned at tonight's radio show how important it is to get all possible practice time in this week.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If we ever get an indoor practice facility we better make sure we have all the funds necessary to have a nice one built.

Or else we might end up getting a joke of an indoor practice facility field like this one. Is this better than not having an indoor facility at all?

http://www.chantrant.com/2011/07/maybe-its-better-not-to-have-an-indoor-practice-facility-than-to-have-the-one-uga-recently-dedicated.html

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

I was all for an IPF until I saw us outlast Ball State in the Texas heat. Now I'm wondering what the benefit may be.

Benefit would be that we can practice outside at the Dickey and Apogee and use the heat as an advantage from summer through September-ish and then once it's not hot enough outside to matter, we have an indoor place that can be used in all weather.

No mud, swarms of locust, lightning delays. We can filter out all the Benzene and junk that the gas well over on Bonnie Brae is pumpin out.

Benefit would be that we can practice outside at the Dickey and Apogee and use the heat as an advantage from summer through September-ish and then once it's not hot enough outside to matter, we have an indoor place that can be used in all weather.

No mud, swarms of locust, lightning delays. We can filter out all the Benzene and junk that the gas well over on Bonnie Brae is pumpin out.

This. I seriously have major concerns with the well-being of our athletes and the neighborhood just up Bonnie Brae that is unfortunately having to deal with this crap at their doorstep. I really hope the City gets their legal strategy worked out on this fast and gets those wells shut down. Vested rights my ass.

They do?

I thought this was a legitimate question. Don't let the haters get you down. Some people are just always looking for something negative to say.