How Will the "Crisis" in DC Turn Out?

I sense this thread evolving into I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin' status.

FTR, on Sunday morning, my kid greeted me with, "Good morning you godless liberal hippie. Take me to the temple." So we drove down to Dallas and ate some serious kickass Thai food among a bunch of monks. All due apologies in advance for shaming my country like that. I'll be sure to purchase some genuine American Budweiser products to make up for it tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

FTR, on Sunday morning, my kid greeted me with, "Good morning you godless liberal hippie. Take me to the temple." So we drove down to Dallas and ate some serious kickass Thai food among a bunch of monks. All due apologies in advance for shaming my country like that. I'll be sure to purchase some genuine American Budweiser products to make up for it tomorrow.

Ouch... I'd forget the beer and wash that kids mouth out with soap. It starts at home, after all.

Edited by SSP

Ouch... I'd forget the beer and wash that kids mouth out with soap. It starts at home, after all.

Yeah, those who've met her can attest to what a disciplinary problem she is.

And hint: Yeungling is the biggest American brewery. That was the joke. Bud, Coors, Miller, all foreign owned now.

Edited by oldguystudent

And hint: Yeungling is the biggest American brewery. That was the joke. Bud, Coors, Miller, all foreign owned now.

And still not any good to drink.

Man, that kid of yours sure is bossy! Either that or you are one big pushover! I think I like her spunk. I hope she continues to allow you to drink beer...only in places she has approved, of course. Get that kid to the MUTS game. We need her spunk in the stands Saturday!

Kid is with her mom this weekend. Without looking at the calendar, I think she's only making one more game this season. She usually gets to about half of them, so that's right on par for her.

I had Yuengling about ten years ago up in New Jersey, and it is indeed a fine American lager. Of its ilk, and locally available at Metzler's is Genesse Cream Ale.

Edited by oldguystudent

Tony's kid is awesome with a genuinely firecracker wit to boot.

----

In other news, GOP sympathizers/apologists, I would just love to watch ya'll talk yourselves out of this one:

http://wapo.st/1gFaz3R

Keep in mind that while the House Reps are blocking normal measures and rules for the minority, they're employing filibusters and other minority tactics in the Senate.

This is nuts and you know it. I cannot imagine the country coming out the other end of all this without significant casualties to the GOP.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

----

In other news, GOP sympathizers/apologists, I would just love to watch ya'll talk yourselves out of this one:

Keep in mind that while the House Reps are blocking normal measures and rules for the minority, they're employing filibusters and other minority tactics in the Senate.

This is nuts and you know it. I cannot imagine the country coming out the other end of all this without significant casualties to the GOP.

I looked around to see if the other side has altered House Rules to prevent the minority group from interfering with the "legislative" process and they have from what I have seen.

• Upvote 1

I looked around to see if the other side has altered House Rules to prevent the minority group from interfering with the "legislative" process and they have from what I have seen.

Just clicked on they and got 403 Error, it's fitting for a conservative website to fail.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just clicked on they and got 403 Error, it's fitting for a conservative website to fail.

Did you try clicking the bypass link or did you quit when you saw the error message? I'll leave off the venomous (and obnoxious) partisan stereotype comments from my reply.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's what I see as what will happen regarding this manufactured "shutdown":

• Fake hysteria and finger-pointing.
  • Congress will "agree" to fund OC as desired "in order to put aside partisan politics and get America back on track" and "stop the petty bickering" for the "good of the people and the consituents we are sworn to serve".
  • The "tea party" (whatever that is) will be blamed for the impasse, vilified, and those that are viewed by the Dems and RINO's as their "leaders" (read: Cruz/Paul/etc.) will suffer blows to any planned candidacy in 2016--which is exactly as the GOP wants it.
  • John McCain will comment that "we tried, but we had to compromise for the good of the nation".

EDIT: almost forgot--the can will be kicked down the road again regarding the budget, and we will take on MORE spending and MORE debt.

#1--check

#2--check

#3--check

#4--check

EDIT: check

• Upvote 2

----

I fear you are right. As a country, we will continue to get dumber and poorer, with more and more hands outstretched to the government for any little paltry stipend it will throw their way.

Just the way the Dems have planned.

We are headed for a major change in government form within the next 50 years. And not for the better.

Mitch mcConnel's family should be embarrassed he is a member

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Did you try clicking the bypass link or did you quit when you saw the error message? I'll leave off the venomous (and obnoxious) partisan stereotype comments from my reply.

I tried three times on the 15th. Twice today. This is the message I got every time I clicked your link.

www.conservativerefocus.com

403 Error

It appears the website you are trying to visit is having technical difficulties or is no longer available.

Please go back and try your request again or try searching Google to find another website with what you're looking for!

I'm sorry that you took offense at my failed conservative website comment. I guess I should have used political correctness as not to offend you.

I fear you are right. As a country, we will continue to get dumber and poorer, with more and more hands outstretched to the government for any little paltry stipend it will throw their way.

Just the way the Dems have planned.

We are headed for a major change in government form within the next 50 years. And not for the better.

Mitch mcConnel's family should be embarrassed he is a member

It's already been happening since 1980. Who ever thought that if you give a bunch of rich people preferential treatment in the far fetched hope that those same rich people will create jobs they would instead hoard their riches. Every time you shop at Walmart you are supporting a welfare state. Ronald Reagan raised the debt limit 18 times. This ridiculous ploy cost America 24 billion dollars. Ted Cruz is responsible for at least half that.

It's already been happening since 1980. Who ever thought that if you give a bunch of rich people preferential treatment in the far fetched hope that those same rich people will create jobs they would instead hoard their riches. Every time you shop at Walmart you are supporting a welfare state. Ronald Reagan raised the debt limit 18 times.

UTA Poli-Sci prof Dr. Alan Sax mentioned on WBAP this morning the several brain washed youth he encountered when he came to work today and how so many have been mislead to believe if the government has its hand in it then it must be good?

Hell yeah... if only those rich people paid their fair share then the government could finally solve all the problems. LOL! What a foolish assumption.

And I don't know about anyone else but I never received a job from a poor person before.

And last time I checked the president cannot raise the debt limit, only congress can. So how did Reagan do it...18 times? Better question... which party controlled congress during the majority of Reagan's terms?. I'll give you one guess.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

UTA Poli-Sci prof Dr. Alan Sax mentioned on WBAP this morning the several brain washed youth he encountered when he came to work today and how so many have been mislead to believe if the government has its hand in it then it must be good?

Hell yeah... if only those rich people paid their fair share then the government could finally solve all the problems. LOL! What a foolish assumption.

And I don't know about anyone else but I never received a job from a poor person before.

And last time I checked the president cannot raise the debt limit, only congress can. So how did Reagan do it...18 times? Better question... which party controlled congress during the majority of Reagan's terms?. I'll give you one guess.

Rick

I heard a liberal UNT professor wanted to debate Sax, but Benford cancelled it and replaced him with a poli sci student from Richardson Berkner. BUY TICKETS NOW!

• Upvote 3

I heard a liberal UNT professor wanted to debate Sax, but Benford cancelled it and replaced him with a poli sci student from Richardson Berkner. BUY TICKETS NOW!

To be fair, Sax did embarrass that UNT professor the last time they got together for a debate...but I think home-podium advantage had a lot to do with that...I mean, who debates in a P.F. Chang's?

Now that Sax has a dedicated debate venue it's pretty ridiculous that we're not keeping the annual debate rivalry alive.

• Upvote 1