According to Vito, we've never beaten an SEC team

NorthTexan95

Was Tennessee in the SEC when we beat them? The SEC is about a half century old, right? So if that's correct then maybe they weren't in the conference when we beat them, though I would have to assume they have been conference mates with most of those teams for quite some time. I know I'm just nitpicking but I don't know much about Tenn. so there might be a caveat in there somewhere...either that, or he just didn't do his research :P

• Upvote 1

I'm under the impression that he does a lot more with the DRC such as helping to put the entire paper together. In this day I can't imagine the DRC could afford to have him only cover UNT.

No, when they put together the annual football magazine he directs that. But his job is absolutely and primarily to cover UNT sports. They can afford it because of their affiliation with Belo and the DMN.

Woot woot he edited it...now it says "rarely" and mentions the win "sometime in the 1970s". If only he could edit his spelling and grammar errors when fixing the factual ones...

I sent him an e-mail regarding the comment. Just got a reply back basically denying he said NT had never beaten an SEC team by referring me to his "rarely beaten" correction. I guess if it disappears it can be denied that it was said. :zoro:

Edited by MeanGreen61