Georgia

trussbussdad

Thoughts on Georgia...When you first look at this game, it appears that this will be one of those "money games" for the MEAN GREEN. But look at it closer with the glass half full.

- Last nights victory over Ball St was huge confidence builder for the MEAN GREEN.

- DT wore the BIG S last night.

- Liked the production out of Reggie....was waiting for him to step up.

- Special teams really improved yesterday.

- Georgia - 1-1 with a loss to Clemsona and a win over South Carolina. They play LSU after us. I would have to

think that everyone in Georgia is looking at the game against UNT as a warm up game for LSU and could look

over us this week thinking LSU the week after.

- IF..this is the case with Georgia looking down the road at LSU.

- IF..Super Man, DT, shows up.

- IF..Defense plays like they did in last nights 2nd half

- IF..Offense builds on their 5.1 yds per carry rushing

I know...someone spiked my beer yesterday with green koolaide...but thinking about all of the variables; a money game for UNT could end up being a TRAP game for Georgia.

• Upvote 2

Love your points, definitely glass half full of green kool aid.

Isn't there some ridiculous stat where the National Champion every year from the SEC played NT that year? We're the SEC's rabbits foot.

I'm hoping some of our younger players see significant playing time this week. This takes some of the wear off the starters to help with conference play and possibly limit their time on the field, lowering a chance of injury.

I'd love to beat UGA, but realistically, they're a legit NC contender. Lets be smart and come away with good experience playing in a packed hostile environment, a decent paycheck, and zero injuries.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think the team needs to ride this high they are on right now. We have coaches who have coached the AQ schools, they need to coach like they can. Coaches need to coach to our strengths. Our players need to realize that Georgia is human and put their pants on one leg at a time. Go out there and say "I'm going to kick your ass and you will thank me for it." Akron nearly beat Michigan in their house. Appy St beat Michigan in their house when they were #5 in the NATION. Let's get this program going!

That being said, let's make sure we stay healthy.

• Upvote 3

I'm just hoping that the final score isn't too embarrassing and we get out of there injury free. Anything more is gravy.

I also wish we played Texas this year, as that would be an interesting match up. We lose A LOT of seniors this year, so the Texas game to open the season next year may not be as interesting, despite who is coaching the horns.

I'm just hoping that the final score isn't too embarrassing and we get out of there injury free. Anything more is gravy.

I also wish we played Texas this year, as that would be an interesting match up. We lose A LOT of seniors this year, so the Texas game to open the season next year may not be as interesting, despite who is coaching the horns.

Agreed. UT lucks out. I think we beat UT.

• Upvote 1

I just spit coffee all over myself. Wow.

Last week you wanted good optimistic fans... This week our abusive husband apologized and told us it would never happen again in the form of a Ball St. team so gassed by the Texas heat that they could barely walk in the second half.

We'll be the most optimistic bunch in the country until he comes home drunk again.

Last week you wanted good optimistic fans... This week our abusive husband apologized and told us it would never happen again in the form of a Ball St. team so gassed by the Texas heat that they could barely walk in the second half.

We'll be the most optimistic bunch in the country until he comes home drunk again.

I think I have whip lash.

And yes.... they looked like they just rolled late in the 3rd.

And the game was like 4 hours. I was barely walking.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 1

I saw a post today giving Coach Wintrich and the strenght and conditioning group props....AMEN, could not agree more.

At kick off yesterday it was 92 degrees on Weather Channel...at the same time it was 68 in Muncie. You can prepare with crowd noise with large speakers and loud music...you can prepare for wet weather by practicing with wet footballs...but how do you prepare to play a game where it is going to be 20 - 30 degrees hotter than you are used to practicing in??!!

• Upvote 1