Attendance Predictions?

meangreener

My bride and I will be there...get your rear end there as well. Let's take care of the number of attendees each of us can. If we all do tat, and should the students turn out...attendance will take care of itself.

BTW, at the Coach Mac Show Monday Hank said this game will see several yellow school buses full of middle school kids. Might help attendance numbers.

I say 15k.

We haven't done great with midday games and we line up against the biggest hyped game of the year in the bama vs tamu rematch.

It's pathetic we are still at a point where we have to worry about not getting high attendance numbers because of another college football game. It's probably true to some extent, but it's also pathetic we don't have a more loyal following. I know winning cures all (supposedly), but to me it's hard to understand why you wouldn't want to watch YOUR university and/or Alma Mater play live for some other schools' game on TV.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 2

Don't give a rat's rear end about Bama-A&M game! It isn't at Apogee and the Mean Green aren't playing in College Station. Anyone who even remotely considers himself or herself a Mean Green fan and stays away in order to watch Alabama-A&M on TV and who doesn't also have a close personal connection to A&M or Aabama simply cannot be called a Mean Green fan, but rather a casual observer.

True, we need the casual observer as well to fill Apogee, but Mean Green FANS will not stay away due to the Alabama-A&M game. We just need more Mean Green fans who see the Mean Green as their #1 priority.

So....game should have no impact on attendance.....sure, one can hope, right?

• Upvote 1

Yes - I would guess around 16,000 due to the Alabama/A&M game being on at the same time. If we would have won last week, maybe more due to hype on campus.

I did pick up my student ticket today and asked a friend who was in charge of handing them out. He said he was pretty busy today handing out tickets, but I don't know what "busy" is compared to "normal".

Yes - I would guess around 16,000 due to the Alabama/A&M game being on at the same time. If we would have won last week, maybe more due to hype on campus.

I did pick up my student ticket today and asked a friend who was in charge of handing them out. He said he was pretty busy today handing out tickets, but I don't know what "busy" is compared to "normal".

I just wish he numbered handed out equated to rears in the seats in a more positive correlation. Like 1:1, right?

Can you spell Tivo ?

I've got a DVR through AT&T. I'll be at the UNT game, as always....but your casual observers and general sports fans are going to be impacted by that other game whether people on here like it or not. It's the biggest ticket of the year, most bet on, etc. If UNT wasn't playing at the same time, I'd be watching that game and I'm not a fan of either team---just a sports fan!

• Upvote 1

I am an Aggie and this is the "Game of the Millennium" according to Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselawrence/2013/09/10/texas-am-football-tickets-vs-alabama-are-most-expensive-cfb-regular-season-game-ever/

But I will be at the game on Saturday against Ball State. Go Mean Green.

I live in Denton and support my UNT Eagles!

P.S. I might have a radio in my ear listening to Johhny roll on the Tide.

• Upvote 5

actual: 14,500

announced: 19,200

So are we going with announced or actual? Last game there was a 4000-5000 difference.

I think it will be relatively the same as the home opener. Early games are tough on those with kiddos in sports Saturdays, but the heat will be down some and we won't be fighting labor day.

Edited by KingDL1

So are we going with announced or actual? Last game there was a 4000-5000 difference.

I think it will be relatively the same as the home opener. Early games are tough on those with kiddos in sports Saturdays, but the heat will be down some and we won't be fighting labor day.

No there wasn't. Some people just have bad eyes at estimating attendance.