UNT Flying Worm t-shirt available!

GreenBat

I feel like everyone either forgot or doesn't know that shirts with helmets was a style for a long time. Hell, the Cowboys and the Browns used a helmet for their entire logo for a while.

It's a great shirt if you like the vintage look.

So the Cowboys used to have a picture of a helmet on the side of their helmet?

• Upvote 2

The fabric is a bit distressed.

That may be the case, but that doesn't show well on a white shirt. It really pretty much needs to be some kind of pastel color for it to be pulled off the right way.

Powder blue? That would look good.

Light (not pink) red? Also looks awesome -- have a Coca-Cola shirt that pulls it off nicely.

"Lucky Charms" green? Absolutely awesome. (I'm sporting that look at this moment)

White? Yeah, you really can't see it.

-- Stephen

• Upvote 1

Just when we thought the days of crappy apparel were over...

The only thing that would make any sense as to why they decided to go this route over something like everyone wants, is that they are still trying to go with the "old school throwback" and this design fit that more.

That hat is funny. A hat with a helmet with the logo. Typical around these parts.

• Upvote 2

Good grief. WHO makes these decisions and says...hey....let's do it this way. COULD have been really cool. :thumbsd:

Just think how many they would have sold if they had gone the other route. That's what boggles my mind so much. Instead of coming up with something really cool looking, they roll this out. So comical.

• Upvote 1

At least it's not a hat with a helmet on it. Oh, wait....

Never mind.

lol....greatness!

good grief...we couldn't get lei'd in Hawaii....

let me see...for our team's throwback uniform we feature a storm-trooper white "helmet that never was" & for our throwback fan t-shirt we feature the "correct 70's color scheme" on a goofy helmet t-shirt...

most everybody liked the simple & cool apple green mock up below and were willing to dish out their money to get one....

who is making our fashion decisions? whoever it is....we need an intervention

gallery_1_2_17054.jpg

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 3

In the words of a friend: UNT must really hate money.

Let's give a jeer for U of NT;

Jeer at the Green and White.

Misery's in store whatever the score,

URCM's just ever a blight. Blight! Blight! Blight!

Shoulder to shoulder we'll wail along,

Striving for sympathy.

Racking our brains for the horror and shame,

It's the story of UNT.

U... N... T... (dear God, why?) Worms! (blegh!)

U N T Worms! Flight! Flight! Flight!

[repeat ad nauseam]

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Here is what I don't get: why do schools roll out all kinds of good looking stuff and we just roll out stuff like this?

This has always been one of my complaints with this school. In just the time I've been around, we've had apparel from Champion, Under Armour, Nike, 47 Brand, etc and it's miss way more often than hit. I can walk into the team store and see maybe 1 or 2 shirts that are worth anything half the time. Those are all good brands, so I'm not sure why our stuff rarely looks right.

It's not that hard...

BSxt4DDCQAEBFPk.jpghChMBVx.jpg

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 2

This place is predictable. It's actually really in line with the style right now and I expect it to sell a lot. I would've preferred a bright lime green Worm shirt but I like the design quite a bit.

Miley Cyrus twerking on Robin Thicke is in style right now too...and actually easier on the eyes if that's possible.

• Upvote 2

This has always been one of my complaints with this school. In just the time I've been around, we've had apparel from Champion, Under Armour, Nike, 47 Brand, etc and it's miss way more often than hit. I can walk into the team store and see maybe 1 or 2 shirts that are worth anything half the time. Those are all good brands, so I'm not sure why our stuff rarely looks right.

It's not that hard...

BSxt4DDCQAEBFPk.jpghChMBVx.jpg

We are definitely on the same page here. I just don't get it. We follow UA as well since I was born up there, but every year it's been pretty much the same....every year they turn out stuff that I would buy all day long if I had the money and here we turn out stuff that just kind of meh. I mean this was even a "much anticipated" can't miss type of deal, and they lay an egg.

• Upvote 1

The design is pretty period specific, I'd consider one if it wasn't printed on 47 brand. I like soft style shirts more than anything else, but 47 brand soft shirts are made for you people who hit golden corral and have moobs. Retro brand made a few soft shirts for us a few years ago and they are actually fitted.

The design is pretty period specific, I'd consider one if it wasn't printed on 47 brand. I like soft style shirts more than anything else, but 47 brand soft shirts are made for you people who hit golden corral and have moobs. Retro brand made a few soft shirts for us a few years ago and they are actually fitted.

This wouldn't be an issue if consideration for local places (and alums) like PanEctor were given credence.

Also, everyone. I have a strong feeling this is another product of the longstanding bout between the AD and URCM. Between a rock and a hard place.

Edited by Christopher Walker

Just when we thought the days of crappy apparel were over...

When did we start thinking that? 90% of mean green gear, if you can find it, sucks. I blame the athletic department. I want to spend money, give me something worth while. I don't understand why they are so inept in this area. And yes that includes uniforms. It's all been a problem for, we'll, forever. Hire someone and FIX IT!

• Upvote 2