If we win big vs. Idaho

drex

If we win big vs. Idaho, why not keep wearing the throwback jerseys at home for the season.?..perhaps we could catch lightning in a bottle by wearing them. A lot of schools have at least two uniform looks each season. Seems a waste to just wear the throwbacks one time.

• Upvote 7

We need to and should win this game at home big. They're breaking in a freshman qb on the road and we're going against a defense that was one of the worst in the country last year and is breaking in 8 new starters. We need to score, score often, and force this kid to make mistakes.

Point is we should win this game and it shouldn't be because of the jerseys. I'm a superstitious guy, but we should expect to win this game handily no matter what.

• Upvote 2

UNT practice was going on this afternoon with temperature well over 100. I cannot imagine how a team practicing in Idaho will have conditioning even close to UNT for a game here on August 31.

i have to believe they are practicing in Kibbie with the heater on

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

We have temps in the 90's. There is no humidity issue however. Dome? Don't think so. All is outside so far. I do know the conditioning and losing of some pounds was instilled right off the get go by Petrino. The team looks trim compared to the hogs that waddled around the past few years. OL weight is down. Speed and muscle appear to be the thing. I do know this fall camp is extremely challenging, as some were calling Junction, Texas. The team will be smaller (weight-wise) than the Mean Green, but I see a lot of toughness. Paul Petrno is doing what was needed --- pride, discipline, physicality. The Vandals will be improved.

We have temps in the 90's. There is no humidity issue however. Dome? Don't think so. All is outside so far. I do know the conditioning and losing of some pounds was instilled right off the get go by Petrino. The team looks trim compared to the hogs that waddled around the past few years. OL weight is down. Speed and muscle appear to be the thing. I do know this fall camp is extremely challenging, as some were calling Junction, Texas. The team will be smaller (weight-wise) than the Mean Green, but I see a lot of toughness. Paul Petrno is doing what was needed --- pride, discipline, physicality. The Vandals will be improved.

90s with no humidity isn't anything compared to the 104º with 40% humidity I experienced on the field of Apogee today. Absolutely brutal.

Oh, I believe it. I did get a trip into Tulsa one summer. Flew in and got off the plane and immediately was soaked. So, yes, there is absolutely nothing that can come close to what the team and fans are going to experience. But I look forward to all the other stuff my niece has planned in the four days. The game, tailgating, meeting you guys is top priority though. It is a great measuring stick for us to compare our team's fundamentals-discipline to last few years of big plays, but only to be called back due to someone fighting an opponent half a field away. Flags. Flags. Flags. You will see all business, little, if any, jawing ---- I think. Anyhow, this is fun. I have maps out of your area, reading the history of the area and just calling it my get away with fellow Vandal fans. Wife is staying, She has work. I am in year three of retirement. Never have been in the great state of Texas.

Niece (lives in Irving) has warned me for the furnace blast. LOL

• Upvote 7

Oh, I believe it. I did get a trip into Tulsa one summer. Flew in and got off the plane and immediately was soaked. So, yes, there is absolutely nothing that can come close to what the team and fans are going to experience. But I look forward to all the other stuff my niece has planned in the four days. The game, tailgating, meeting you guys is top priority though. It is a great measuring stick for us to compare our team's fundamentals-discipline to last few years of big plays, but only to be called back due to someone fighting an opponent half a field away. Flags. Flags. Flags. You will see all business, little, if any, jawing ---- I think. Anyhow, this is fun. I have maps out of your area, reading the history of the area and just calling it my get away with fellow Vandal fans. Wife is staying, She has work. I am in year three of retirement. Never have been in the great state of Texas.

Niece (lives in Irving) has warned me for the furnace blast. LOL

Excited to have you visit the Mean Green Nation. I believe you will be warmly (and not just by the temps) welcomed by the Mean Green fans and that you will enjoy the pre-game tailgate and our great new stadium called Apogee Stadium. But, in all honesty, I hope you do not enjoy the game itself very much! Mean green really need an opening win at home in the worst of ways....WELCOME TO THE MEAN GREEN NATION. Looking forward to hosting you! Thanks for stopping by GMG.Com. :goodjob::thumbsu:

• Upvote 2

It appears a RSF QB is getting most of the reps. I believe it may be his to lose right now. The senior isn't too shabby, at least I saw moments of brilliance when he would step in last year. Maybe, not as good with the feet quickness than the RSF. But he does have a fair amount of FBS gameday experience. That is a plus. But, it is good to know he is #2 (right now). The JC guy arrived in summer, and is behind on playbook, etc. His Cal-JC videos and stats are decent to impressive.

Since spring and the arrival of Petrino, no red vests on QBs. All live. They are getting no kid glove. So far, all are bouncing back up after an OMG laying out.

Petrino also realizes the heat-humidity of the southeast. I am sure he reflects on his experience in SEC a lot with this issue. Again, not too much humidity up here.

Yeah but we all know pre-season ratings mean squat. We still have to win without a doubt, but just mentioning the obvious about worthless ratings.

Rock bottom. And it is gwad dam hard people. Worst team in the nation? On paper, yes. I can tell you from traveling up and watching spring ball and hearing/reading/seeing the fall reports --- it is a total new culture. It is not in that category, IMO. And I am smart enough to tell you we still suck, if we still sucked. There are players I have never seen and a HC and staff that is thriving on this "Rock bottom", "Bottom Ten", "Worthless piece of chit", and other stuff. I believe you can not afford to be back on your heels and over-confident, albeit, I pray to those wind turbines that you all are. Your HC and staff knows better, however. Dang it.

Edited by joeyvee

Rock bottom. And it is gwad dam hard people. Worst team in the nation? On paper, yes. I can tell you from traveling up and watching spring ball and hearing/reading/seeing the fall reports --- it is a total new culture. It is not in that category, IMO. And I am smart enough to tell you we still suck, if we still sucked. There are players I have never seen and a HC and staff that is thriving on this "Rock bottom", "Bottom Ten", "Worthless piece of chit", and other stuff. I believe you can not afford to be back on your heels and over-confident, albeit, I pray to those wind turbines that you all are. Your HC and staff knows better, however. Dang it.

I think both teams will come out swinging. Everyone wants to beat up on someone after camp. I hope it's hotter than hell that night and hope we pull away without injuries. Hopefully, injury free on both sides. No matter what I will drink copious amounts of beer.

Yeah, some fans may be, which will always happen. But, the coaches and players are not and I can guarantee you that. I am sure they'll enjoy the game after a tough battle I am sure your revamped team is ready but they still know it is a must-win situation and will play accordingly.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever

UNT vs Idaho= the biggest pillow fight in the country. Two bottom 10 programs that don't even belong in FBS(as far as budget, performance, support and in the case of Idaho, facilities go) are going at it.

No matter how crappy the two programs are, SOMEBODY has to win and as of right now, I give the edge to Idaho. Better qb, better coach and better defense.

Edited by FroggyStyle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

I would never underestimate a Petrino on the field, I don't care if it's their first year.