2013 Attendance

The first two seasons at Apogee Stadium averaged 18,900 per game with the record high being 28,075 against the Houston Cougars.

Now that we're in a conference and division with known regional teams as well as three texas teams, I think most of us expect attendance to improve.

What do you think the average attendance will be in the 2013 season?

I'm guessing 22,000.

• Upvote 1

good question...the mean green fan base if fickle...i would hope to see 25000+ for the season opener...then at least 23000+ for each texas team...throw in 21000 for ball state and maybe 17000 for the muts...and you get...

22,000...i'll be damn...the same total you guess...ha...

hopefully, we are both on the lower end...but who really knows...

• Upvote 1

This Fall North Texas will have 36,000+ football season ticket holders and most of you know where I'm coming from with that.

It remains the job for those on campus top to botttom (and even professors touting Game Days in the classroom) to inspire as many of those 36,000 plus season ticket holders to use each of their respective tickets on each Game Day at Apogee Stadium.

:party0018:If the Wing Zone Family Plan ticket sales really ever took off (as I think they will in time) North Texas would start averaging 26-28,000 per home game.

I think UNT student attendance will continue to grow (and impress us all).

GMG!

PS: This is the kind of synergy UNT freshmen will bring to our Game Day party in just a few weeks. I

believe I read where this Fall's freshmen class will be larger than last Falls, too.

:party0009: The best part of this video starts at 1:18 on the timeline. Warning: A few explicit lyrics

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

Attendance is always hard to predict. With all three of the other C-USA Texas programs coming to Denton, we have a great opportunity to post record setting attendance this season. But, success will always be factor.

We can't afford a 4-8 or 5-7 campaign.

I tend to disagree.

I don't see the new conference alone changing this one bit unless there's dramatic improvement on the field. The Idaho game will set things in motion in a big way.

If the team comes out gangbusters and we enjoy a blowout victory (not that I'm exactly predicting one), attendance will see the CUSA bump.

If the team comes out flat and it's a boring win or a loss, I don't see much improvement on the 18k unless there's conference title hopes late in the year.

• Upvote 4

To clarify my point, I see the CUSA move improving attendance for the Idaho game.

If a person's excited about the conference move, they're likely at Apogee on 8/31. Because of recent dissapointments, the performance that game can turn excitement into an attitude of "we've seen this before" resulting in only the faithful 18k returning consistently.

• Upvote 1

I don't see the new conference alone changing this one bit unless there's dramatic improvement on the field. The Idaho game will set things in motion in a big way.

If the team comes out gangbusters and we enjoy a blowout victory (not that I'm exactly predicting one), attendance will see the CUSA bump.

If the team comes out flat and it's a boring win or a loss, I don't see much improvement on the 18k unless there's conference title hopes late in the year.

I don't think we'll need to worry about this.

I think the team will come out gangbusters and stomp Idaho.

Apogee will be LOUD being the first year in CUSA, 100 year history celebrations, throw back jerseys, and the large opening day crowd.

Players and fans alike will be amped making it really tough for Idaho to win that game in Apogee. I think we blow em' out in an electric way that us Mean Green fans haven't seen in years.

• Upvote 1

Over 20,000...now the actual outcome may just have something to do with the won-loss column. Band wagon fans tend to drop off as the season progresses if things are not going well on the field...and the Mean Green needs all the band wagon fans to be on that band wagon for the entire year...so, let's get some wins at Apogee and on the road...strating with the Idaho game on August 31st! Be there to watch the 2013 Mean Green kick Idaho to kick-off its first CUSA season!

• Upvote 1

I can see this being a 24k year. More if both Idaho and Ball State end up W's. UTSA, UTEP, and Rice coming to town means a lot more visiting fans than we're used to, plus I feel like quite a few of the students that tailgate the whole game will show up at least for a quarter or two to see the visiting Texas teams. I would honestly be shocked at any of those games being less than 25k. About 16k showed up the last time we played MUTS at Apogee, and it was raining off and on all day plus being the last game in a fairly lackluster season. The only game that seems like we could see low attendance is Ball State. Well, and I guess I don't know how people will take to a Halloween night game...

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 1

The other problem with attendance is the Idaho game... they won't bring many. I doubt Ball State will either. So while our conference games will have more interest the non conference home slate won't help us.

The other problem with attendance is the Idaho game... they won't bring many. I doubt Ball State will either. So while our conference games will have more interest the non conference home slate won't help us.

The Idaho game will draw a lot simply because it's the first game of the season. If it were in November, it would draw flies.

• Upvote 3

If we could somehow head into the ball state game 2-0 then I can't imagine less than 22K.
  • Upvote 2