Sun Belt Conference releases new logo

Harry

Blog-Photo--College-Football-2013-Sun-Be

The Sun Belt Conference has fixed up its logo to go along with its involvement of the college football realignment phase.

Commissioner Karl Benson released a statement that included the new direction of the conference, which says goodbye to Florida Atlantic, FIU, Middle Tennessee, and North Texas, and welcomes Georgia State and Texas State as full-time members.

“The unveiling of our new logo comes after months of review of how we wanted to express the ‘new’ Sun Belt Conference,” said Benson. “It is a very exciting chance for us to display the opportunity and optimism that exists in the Sun Belt Conference as we move forward.”

The conference has also added the motto “Together We Rise.” Idaho and New Mexico State will join in 2014, with Appalachian State and Georgia Southern moving up in 2015.

read more: http://www.faniq.com/blog/College-Football-2013-Sun-Belt-releases-new-logo-Blog-66574

"Together We Rise" seems appropriate, though perhaps a little too honest, given the conference is essentially a layover from FCS until a better FBS conference comes calling. Which was basically our experience.

I don't really mind the logo change as I felt the old one was outdated. This one has a West Coast feel to it (which could be called incongruent, given its geographical location). But using a design like this will all but guarantee they'll be changing it again in 10 years, as it isn't a "timeless" look like the Big XII and ACC... or even C-USA.

In short, I think they over-thought it.

Edited by Eagle1855
  • Upvote 1

Putting cheap lipstick on a pig.

Well, you certainly wouldn't want to use the expensive stuff. I mean, it doesn't make them kiss any better. Not that I know from experience, mind you...unless "pig" is a euphemism for "evil harlot". In which case, I certainly know from experience, and it still doesn't help in the kissing department.

• Upvote 1