UNT vs ULL Men's Game

When was the last time NT got bounced in the first round of the conference tournament? Was it when we hosted the tournament back in like 2003-2004?

Edited by UNTFan23

ULL had 28 more FG attempts than us. Unbelievable. We played bad, but got screwed over on some calls. Wish the league or the officials had to answer for some of that crap. Screw the Belt. Benson will run if into the ground.

So how do we start a serious campaign to fire Benford? I think RV should go as well. I've said this should have been done at the beginning of the season, but nothing has come out of it.

Benford maybe, but RV?

• Downvote 1

Yes. I am tired of a mediocre AD who strictly vowed to hire HC's with previous proven head coaching experience and first thing he does is hire Benford. It's laughable and I'm sick and tired of mediocrity. If the administration is serious about improving athletics, they need to get better leadership. Maybe they can get some pointers from TCU.

Benford maybe, but RV?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Evans at the post game show "better days are ahead!"

Now that's something I've never heard before!

he also talked about getting guys in here that are committed to defense and that the guys on the team have to be committed to defense. also, that in his 44 years of coaching, he's never been a part of a team with so many injuries.

Edited by Green Crazy

he also talked about getting guys in here that are committed to defense and that the guys on the team have to be committed to defense. also, that in his 44 years of coaching, he's never been a part of a team with so many injuries.

Defense would be nice, but with the number of points that we tend to score, I'd like some guys and coaches that are first committed to OFFENSE! We'd have trouble outscoring Brookhaven.

• Upvote 1

Injuries are the official line this year, it is a great excuse. I never dreamed that out of the NT players, that Walton was the glue that held this team together. Does anyone really believe that if NT had perfect health, that this team would have been substantially better? I don't; they may have been a break even club but a lack of players/talent wasn't the downfall of this team. NT should have been starting Jones, J. Williams, A. Williams, Franklin and Mitchell; with Hardwick and Niko off the bench. Not great depth but there should have been more than enough talent to have been in the Belt Conference chase.

The second excuse apparently is that this team does not play defense. They certainly were not a good defensive team, but the offense was even worse. So I guess the most heralded group of players ever at NT just couldn't play on ether end of the court.

• Upvote 1

Big Rog Franklin was the only player who had as good season. The fact that he's the kind of glue guy who gets by on pure heart and hustle alone should be kind of telling. The one guy you don't have to draw a play up for is the only guy to succeed. I'm just saying.

• Upvote 2

Injuries are the official line this year, it is a great excuse. I never dreamed that out of the NT players, that Walton was the glue that held this team together. Does anyone really believe that if NT had perfect health, that this team would have been substantially better? I don't; they may have been a break even club but a lack of players/talent wasn't the downfall of this team. NT should have been starting Jones, J. Williams, A. Williams, Franklin and Mitchell; with Hardwick and Niko off the bench. Not great depth but there should have been more than enough talent to have been in the Belt Conference chase.

The second excuse apparently is that this team does not play defense. They certainly were not a good defensive team, but the offense was even worse. So I guess the most heralded group of players ever at NT just couldn't play on ether end of the court.

I agree. Walton showed that he was a guy who could come in and throw up some 25 foot threes and maybe stretch the D a bit, but it's kind of hard to believe that he would have been the difference maker this year. We need a MUCH more organized and disciplined offense next year or we will see more of the same. Our opponents make us look like we just walked off the street.

When was the last time NT got bounced in the first round of the conference tournament? Was it when we hosted the tournament back in like 2003-2004?

I Looked it up. The last time the MBB team got bounced in the first round was in the 2005-2006 season in Murfreesboro. The MBB program has gone "ditch to ditch."

:fpc::thumbsd::no::censored::blowup::livid::banghead2::sign0063::sign0065::lulz::sign135::1on10::headbang: