UNT Hiring Telemarketing Firm for Athletic Ticket Sales

UNTflyer

• Goal to increase ticket sales revenue for all UNT Athletics ticketed sport programs and events
  • Respondent will receive commissions on paid new seat premiums
  • The respondent will hire a staff that is specifically trained in sales and customer relationship management, including a General Manager.

Some numbers from RFP:

Football Season Tickets

2011 - 4201 (All New) ($1,271,655)

2012 - 3760 (831 New) ($945,810)

Renewal rate:

2011- 77%

2012-70%

Basketball Season Tickets

2011 - 659 (259 New) ($227,191)

2012 - no data

• Upvote 4

• Goal to increase ticket sales revenue for all UNT Athletics ticketed sport programs and events
  • The respondent will hire a staff that is specifically trained in sales and customer relationship management, including a General Manager.

Some numbers from RFP:

Football Season Tickets

Renewal rate:

2011- 77%

2012-70%

2012 - no data

Just a little clarification....are they hiring a telemarketing firm, or are they hiring a person to do this? That looks like a job description of an individual they would like to hire.

Flyer, that is impossible. Everyone knows the AD does not care whether we sell tickets, build a donor base, win, etc, etc.

Deep, the way I see it if rv's so comfortable this act alone will give him an excuse, an out for failing this year. Now there is someone to blame when there is a Capital Campaign going on & people are supposed to be producing revenue. Now can we see it, the real picture.

PS someone needs to get Kram a seeing-eye dog.

Edited by Mo Green
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

if they were smart they would have hired SoundworkS Sports Tele-Marketing of Weatherford, Texas

You really spend way too much time over here being an ass, GL2Greatness. How many Pampers has your mommy had to change on you today while on that subject? Must have probably taken you all of an hour to spell all those words (correctly) and in color to boot, but to to get down to the subject at hand and to quote Deep Green's post on this thread......"its only taken them 10 years for them to get going on this" (or something to that affect).

Some thought that North Texas' CUSA membership would put a very high-powered microscope on what we've had going on up there for what has now turned into many years and it seems that microscope has already begun its magnification process. Albeit CUSA is a shadow of its former self, it will still be a better deal for North Texas with trips to Houston every other year with more close-in rivals who will have a several thousand traveling fans in many cases--that part will make Game Days at Apogee even more special. The Big East will become old hat in about 2 years, UCONN at SMU will draw about 5,000 (but reported as 18-22,000) and some of those "EX" CUSA schools will say under their respective breaths and damn sure..............NEVER FOR PUBLICATION............"what in the hell have we done here while we keep beating up on each other in football and schools from CUSA, the MWC, etc, keep sending their champion to a BCS Bowl game?"

For starters why not shoot for the moon (hell, we're North Texas) and hire the entire UTSA marketing staff to duplicate what a 3 year old start-up program has done in only.........3 years and what our present staff just let out a big yawn to suggest that we will finally start doing? :( And then just tell that new UNT athletics marketing staff, uh, THIS!.........."we don't care what they say we cannot do in "Little D" or how we've always done it up here so just put that garbage thinking in File 13 or your notebook's Recycle Bin but THIS IS WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO INSTEAD.....DO WHATEVER IT TAKES (and legal) among our 700,000 plus Denton County'ites to insure that there are 31,000 fans at Apogee Stadium every Game Day weekend in Denton---nothing less than 31,000." (Anyone want to wager now that most of the monies for most the salaries for such a new staff could be found from some (slackers) on the present staff by doing what Dirty Harry said at a political rally last Summer when he said........"if they're not doing their jobs..........you have to let em' go?" (Hey! It's a dog eat dog world out here where I live and I'd just bet it's the same in most of your work a day worlds, too, yet............no one ever came up to me and said..........."Hey PMG, we owe you a lifetime job whether you produce at that job or not."

We have some who long ago retired in Denton that are still on the UNT payroll and that would be obvious to those who dare put down the green Kool'ade long enough to admit what even a novice not associated with North Texas would be able to see. I also realize social climbing, some semblance of status and campus politics is important to some on this forum inasmuch as their continued "no response/no demands" to the present group we have at UNT is merely feeding their fire to continue things as is. If UNT alums & Mean Green fans don't ask (or even demand) for a better product, then those at UNT will continue to feel no obligation to produce nothing more than the same ol' status quo; after all, that for years has continued to get some of them contract extensions and pay raises

GMG!

PS: I think Year 3 for Coach Mac's football program will be OK with 6 or so wins; I just don't know at what national ranking and that needs to be the "new normal" of our thinking process with Mean Green football because it certainly is at USM, La Tech and other outposts.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Just what we need--strangers who know nothing about North Texas calling us.

I think it is a good first step to reaching out to the community. Who knows where it could lead?

Good step in the right direction for our University and athletic program.

GMG

Some numbers from RFP:

Football Season Tickets

Renewal rate:

2011- 77%

2012-70%

2012 - no data

Basketball will likely be an uphill battle to increase season tickets after this season.

• Upvote 1

I can see the script now.

"Have you ever considered buying season tickets for North Texas athletics?"

I have season tickets.

"Have you considered joining the MGC?"

I'm in the MGC.

"Oh, I see. Well, have you considered giving more?"

Shouldn't you be calling the thousands of graduates who don't give a dime?

"We were told to call you"

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Basketball will likely be an uphill battle to increase season tickets after this season

That is a true statement, but you market to the public whether it has been a good year or bad.

That should be a part of growing your base of ticket holders year in and year out.

GMG

• Upvote 1

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Hard to please some folks.

So, you do what you think is the best thing to do. Seems to work that way.

This looks like a good idea, and worth a shot. UNT is not the first, nor will it be the last to give this a shot. Here's hoping this is a big time success, and I hope I get a call. Would be interesting to me to see the approach used.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Hard to please some folks.

So, you do what you think is the best thing to do. Seems to work that way.

This looks like a good idea, and worth a shot. UNT is not the first, nor will it be the last to give this a shot. Here's hoping this is a big time success, and I hope I get a call. Would be interesting to me to see the approach used.

How has it worked for others? Whatever they have been doing hasn't been working and since the one thing that will work, wins, seems to be elusive, then this can't be any worse than what we have been doing.

• Upvote 1

How has it worked for others? Whatever they have been doing hasn't been working and since the one thing that will work, wins, seems to be elusive, then this can't be any worse than what we have been doing.

If those season ticket sales numbers are correct, I agree with you. But it does beg the question, what have we been doing?

• Upvote 4

If those season ticket sales numbers are correct, I agree with you. But it does beg the question, what have we been doing?

we've been going 3-9 every year for 8 years.....

I'm firmly of the belief that our marketing department (with our current facilities) will look really good if we go 9-3, 10-2 and look really bad if we go 2-10, 3-9. Same people doing the marketing, cold calling etc. Hire the greatest marketing company in the world, spend as much $$$$ as you want....YOU CANNOT MARKET A LOSING TEAM.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

we've been going 3-9 every year for 8 years.....

I'm firmly of the belief that our marketing department (with our current facilities) will look really good if we go 9-3, 10-2 and look really bad if we go 2-10, 3-9. Same people doing the marketing, cold calling etc. Hire the greatest marketing company in the world, spend as much $$$$ as you want....YOU CANNOT MARKET A LOSING TEAM.

I'm not going to deny that W/L record has a significant effect. . . . But how do you explain that our per game attendance in 2010, at the bottom depth of the Dodge era, was over 2000 higher than in 2004, when we were in the middle of an unbeaten conference win streak and going bowling every year?

I'm not going to deny that W/L record has a significant effect. . . . But how do you explain that our per game attendance in 2010, at the bottom depth of the Dodge era, was over 2000 higher than in 2004, when we were in the middle of an unbeaten conference win streak and going bowling every year?

A solid home opener that year vs Rice drew 21,000+ followed by 17K for the next home game (which btw followed a road win) then 3 sub 15,000 crowds.....

21,900 for the last game vs KState game certainly helped but I think our annual 5,000 in attendance would have happened for the last game had it been anyone but a big 12 team....

replace 2 of the home games with Rice and KState in 2004 and I think you see a difference in attendance.

All that doesn't matter now since we have the stadium....

As for attendance, winning in fouts = losing in apogee

We've never seen winning in apogee.

When we do, I guess we can come on here and talk about how great our marketing department is because our attendance will reflect it.

When Monroe had the huge weeknight crowd last year on TV.....what was their marketing team doing that ours wasn't? I would argue nothing.

They're marketing department was how much coverage they got on ESPN because they beat Arkansas. Then it became "cool" to go to the game and talk about ULA Monroe. Just like it's "cool" to wear Ranger gear now.

With our current set up, (facilities, funding, etc.) when we win, UNT will be "cool"

• Upvote 2

A solid home opener that year vs Rice drew 21,000+ followed by 17K for the next home game (which btw followed a road win) then 3 sub 15,000 crowds.....

21,900 for the last game vs KState game certainly helped but I think our annual 5,000 in attendance would have happened for the last game had it been anyone but a big 12 team....

replace 2 of the home games with Rice and KState in 2004 and I think you see a difference in attendance.

All that doesn't matter now since we have the stadium....

As for attendance, winning in fouts = losing in apogee

We've never seen winning in apogee.

When we do, I guess we can come on here and talk about how great our marketing department is because our attendance will reflect it.

When Monroe had the huge weeknight crowd last year on TV.....what was their marketing team doing that ours wasn't? I would argue nothing.

They're marketing department was how much coverage they got on ESPN because they beat Arkansas. Then it became "cool" to go to the game and talk about ULA Monroe. Just like it's "cool" to wear Ranger gear now.

With our current set up, (facilities, funding, etc.) when we win, UNT will be "cool"

Oh how I long for the days when I could walk up to the ballpark on gameday and buy tickets in sections 216 or 226 (best bang-for-your-buck seats, bar none). Now, if you tried to do that, it had better be on a weekday day game, and even then, you're likely to wind up by the foul pole.

People love winners.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan