Live free interactive UNT signing day webcast at noon (Link)

Harry

Here's a list from another Texas school we used to think we were light years ahead that has 8 Rivals recruits with 3 stars..................it will break your hearts to read the link further down and have many of you (like me) keep on asking the same question..........Why not UNT, Lord above--why not UNT?

I have never said Coach Mac doesn't deserve a 3'rd year at UNT and have said Year 3 will be his year, but with our under-whelming recruiting I am now worried about his Year 5, 6, and 7 since we have those in the upper echelon at UNT who absolutely don't know how or when to pull the trigger when it needs to be pulled knowing full well there is a definite trend of non-performance. Oh yes, past triggers have been pulled but not until our program was in complete shambles.

Rivals Stars? Not many of us want to hear how unimportant stars are because we know they are important and that our usual spin on their unimportance is the old norm at UNT; especially when we don't have many recruits with 3 plus stars which of late seems to be an annual occurence this time each year.

Yes, in deed, there are many 2 star athletes who make good college football players and some not even on anyone's radars who develop into good college FB players, but the odds are better when they have 3, 4 and 5 stars. God help us if our transfer program becomes a bust. In fact, it needs to start producing results and soon like starting around Spring football in a few weeks?

The real clincher here is when you have a school down in San Marcos, Texas, who has never played most of the schools listed in the rainbow colored signatuare below (least of all beaten any of them which makes sense since they haven't played them:) yet the Home of Arnold the Flying Pig at Aquarena Springs has an NCAA FBS newbie school in its city limits that has 8 with Rivals 3 stars, fellow alums and long time Mean Green fans. Seems they had about that many even last year as I recall so all who want to play those Fighntin' Bobcats in the next few years stand in line.

Read & Weep: http://www.txstatebobcats.com/sports/2011/2/1/FB_0201110203.aspx?id=234

GMG!

PS: Do any of our UNT Board of Regents even keep up with "ANY" of this steaming pile of caca going on up there at all?

Weren't most all our present Board members successful business owners or maybe CEO's who know how to run a business? Is it possible that they apply those same tenets of success to the UNT employees they are boss to who are only in charge of the biggest picture window a university in the Lone Star State has, ie, NCAA intercollegiate athletics and at the FBS level to boot?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Back to the topic...

I'll give the athletic department an E for effort, but a D- for execution. The idea of streaming live coverage of the signing day event was great. It's the kind of event that could generate fan and recruit interest. We just didn't pull it off. On a positive note, the video looked great.

I'm sure RV has already chewed on some rears over the audio issues.

It was obviously the web broadcaster, not the AD equipment. The videos on MGS are crystal clear. In looking at twitter yesterday, someone tweeted that many colleges (I think UT was one) had failed signing day broadcasts due to the internet video provider having problems.

So "we" pulled it off and someone else screwed up. This department makes enough mistakes without getting blame for things it didn't screw up.

So, the people "we" brought in to broadcast the event screwed it up, but that's not our fault?

Did SMU make us use them?

Lets be honest here. It was a bad decision by someone at UNT. At best, we only got it half right. The video did look great. But 50% isn't a passing grade, and I really don't care if other programs dropped the ball too.

• Downvote 1

Are you serious? Damn I thought I was down on the program.

Yes, when you do a live broadcast, things go wrong. Take a fucking pill and a nap.

I'm not down on this program. I think Mac has it going in the right direction. But, I'm not going to call a screw up a total success.

By the way, profanity is not a substitute for facts. We will just have to agree to have different opinions about the webcast.

• Upvote 1