Overlander down with Knee injury

dml7007

Revamp the offense and defense??? Hahahaha I guess that means we or going to have an organized plan for either? Both?

Only took you half a season to figure this out, coach.

Cue the apologist who will proclaim "he didn't have his players, they were hurt" at the end of the season, coincidently ignoring what happened before tge injuries.

And someone needs to ask, is the mass confusion (or whatever occurs) in practice the reason for all of these injuries?

• Upvote 2

Hurt? or faking because tired of playing for benford?

Can't fake a torn miniscus. Trust me, I know. It also isn't the worst injury in the world, depending on location and size of the tear.

Probably a rest and heal situation. If he had surgery, it would be a scope, and at his age, he could be back in time for the Belt tournament.

Edited by UNT90

Can't fake a torn miniscus. Trust me, I know. It also isn't the worst injury in the world, depending on location and size of the tear.

Probably a rest and heal situation. If he had surgery, it would be a scope, and at his age, he could be back in time for the Belt tournament.

For sure! He and Chris Jones will be back in time for the tournament!

Tough break for young Mr. Overlander....and the team. The hits just seem to keep coming this year. The idea that Clarke would even think of "faking this" is inane at best, and posting such shows a lack of not only compassion for this young man and his situation, but a lack of any knowledge of the character of this young man.

And, yes, if he possibly can, this kid will be back for the tourney. He will do all he can to make it so, and if he can't make it back in time it will not be for any lack of effort or want to on Clarke's part.

It is, indeed, possible for a young, in shape, athlete to return from a torn meniscus in such a time frame. I'd post why I know that, but someone would make a snide comment if I did. PM me if you want to know.

Sorry to hear this, Clarke...get well soon..the Mean Green needs you!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Well, he could turn off the tractor beam of the Death Star, surely he can coach this team.

He's definitely good for sage advice. Not sure that can help us beat a 2-3 zone however.

I do think his quote about "Who is the more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows him" is apropos is regard to those that defend Benford though. ;)

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There is no try. Only do or be substituted.

And, yes, a miniscus tear can be recovered from. I tore mine about 5 years ago. After seeing a sports medicine and having a scan done his prognosis was "we could work on it or you could let it heal on its own."

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 3