Well....

Dr. Seuss

Hard to believe these guys sometimes....why? You know...just what in the sam hill were you thinking? Bottom line...they were not thinking. Stupidity at its "best" on display here...good grief. Yes, will be interesting to see how this plays out. I know how it would play out if I were the HC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think we can all "reserve judgement", Sarge. Did not see anyone calling for the gallows, just discussing how stupid it is to place oneself in this position in the first place. Let's all hope it turns out well.....or, at least as best it could given the sheer act of stupidity by these guys!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Hard to believe these guys sometimes....why? You know...just what in the sam hill were you thinking? Bottom line...they were not thinking. Stupidity at its "best" on display here...good grief.Yes, will be interesting to see how this plays out. I know how it would play out if I were the HC.

I know most programs have to deal with stuff like this every year... Still seems shocking that kids with scholarships to play ball don't realize they have more to lose than other kids at that same age. Who knows what the real story is. I hope for their sakes(and mine as a small small contributor to their scholarship money) they can learn from this and be better people going forward.

• Upvote 3

Minor charges. Merit a couple game suspension. A good lawyer could plea them down to a Class C, which is nothing more than a traffic ticket.

Making the assumption this is a shoplifting deal and neither have a prior criminal history.

Young kids do stupid things.

All true... still not acceptable. I hope they're suspended for Idaho (at least). Mac doesn't seem to be OK with criminal activity, just ask Stockovich.

• Upvote 2

Love the way we "excuse" illegal activity these days with "they are young", "young folks do stupid things", "it's no big deal", etc., etc. You know...the folks that had their items stolen probably don't think it's no big deal and could not care less how young they are. The fact that these scholarship athletes representing UNT thought nothing more about it all than to steal is a BIG DEAL in my mind. From a legal standpoint, sure, not a 1st degree felony or anything near that, but reflects a very serious lack of judgement and lack of respect from themselves and for the university and team they represent. Not saying this ranks up there with the "serial killers of the world" or anywhere near it, but it is a big deal. And, it points to some VERY poor decision making. Sorry if I disagree but around my house and with my kids this would have been a VERY big deal. Somehow I think mac and the university might see it as a fairly big deal as well...even if the scale of the matter is not so big from a strictly legal standpoint. I know, I know..."boys will be boys".

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Love the way we "excuse" illegal activity these days with "they are young", "young folks do stupid things", "it's no big deal", etc., etc. You know...the folks that had their items stolen probably don't think it's no big deal and could not care less how young they are. The fact that these scholarship athletes representing UNT thought nothing more about it all than to steal is a BIG DEAL in my mind. From a legal standpoint, sure, not a 1st degree felony or anything near that, but reflects a very serious lack of judgement and lack of respect from themselves and for the university and team they represent. Not saying this ranks up there with the "serial killers of the world" or anywhere near it, but it is a big deal. And, it points to some VERY poor decision making.Sorry if I disagree but around my house and with my kids this would have been a VERY big deal. Somehow I think mac and the university might see it as a fairly big deal as well...even if the scale of the matter is not so big from a strictly legal standpoint.I know, I know..."boys will be boys".

It is a big deal and merrits more than 'no xmas gifts this year... but it is also about the best moment in time when something like this can happen, as all games are 9 months away, and punishing them in 9 months for what they did now seems somewhat pointeless and might not manage to drive home the lesson. Personally I hope they spent a night in jail, that kind of thing can drive the point home very nicely. Also I guess Mac will put them on some kind of internal probabtion with hard times in practice when it happens again. The way he has handled things it seems to me that he would not mention that to the public though

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Love the way we "excuse" illegal activity these days with "they are young", "young folks do stupid things", "it's no big deal", etc., etc. You know...the folks that had their items stolen probably don't think it's no big deal and could not care less how young they are. The fact that these scholarship athletes representing UNT thought nothing more about it all than to steal is a BIG DEAL in my mind. From a legal standpoint, sure, not a 1st degree felony or anything near that, but reflects a very serious lack of judgement and lack of respect from themselves and for the university and team they represent. Not saying this ranks up there with the "serial killers of the world" or anywhere near it, but it is a big deal. And, it points to some VERY poor decision making.Sorry if I disagree but around my house and with my kids this would have been a VERY big deal. Somehow I think mac and the university might see it as a fairly big deal as well...even if the scale of the matter is not so big from a strictly legal standpoint.I know, I know..."boys will be boys".

1 or 2 game suspension should be enough

This is clearly RV's, the entire athletic department, Coach Benford and their tutors fault... no way should we blame these poor innocent kids.

Too funny. I see where you are going with this...... :-) Cannot find the emotions with this latest software upgrade, so you'll have to get by with a +1 and the old style smiley face for this post! Too funny.