Is Tony Benford really Shanice Stephens in a suit?

UNT90

I cannot tell you how concerned I am for this program after this game.

Benford is on his way to erasing 11 years of program, both players and especially fan-base, building...in the course of 2 games.

There better be a real coming to Jesus moment happening in that locker room right now and this team better start acting and playing like men tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

The concerning thing is rebounding. We have 3 games to look at now (yes, counting the exhibition). All three we were outrebounded. All three.

When you say you are going to emphasize something, and you have more talent than the last guy, and then that very thing gets worse, EVERYONE should be concerned about whether or not you know what you are doing.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

The concerning thing is rebounding. We have 3 games to look at now (yes, counting the exhibition). All three we were outrebounded. All three.

When you say you are going to emphasize something, and you have more talent than the last guy, and then that very thing gets worse, EVERYONE should be concerned about whether or not you know what you are doing.

Every point of emphasis...full-court defense, rebounding, paint-touches...I've seen none of this.

Every point of emphasis...full-court defense, rebounding, paint-touches...I've seen none of this.

Yes. When you tell a fan base that you are going to improve areas, and then make those very areas worse, a fan base should be VERY concerned over whether or not you have a freaking clue.

I am very concerned.

How much did coleman play tonight? I really hoped he could come in and rebound. Hopefully getting Patton back will help too. Must say it is worrisome though. Its early and the ticket to the tourney is still the goal.

I don't know, but I recall one stretch where he had 2 rebounds in a little over a minute of play... And then was promptly subbed out... After just over a minute of play... But, he is lucky. Some guys were subbed in and out in under a minute.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

Uhhhmm. Ok. <long dramatic pause>

So after reading through all of the basketball guru's comments, I've gone from thinking this was one of the following after reading the comments last night:

1.) massive, fully justified negative reaction (albeit probably too early to really say for sure-come on it's only two games ,RIGHT???) by passionate fans like tasty and CMJ.

2.) too-early to tell condemnations of a legitimate coach who got some bad breaks from injuries and what-not.

But now I'm starting to think we really do have another Todd Dodge on our hands.

If this is the case RV should be fired. I don't think there is any other choice and I think the president of the university needs to bring RV into his office if we don't see MASSIVE improvement over the next 10 games. I've always been the one to push for sainthood for RV after the stadium and other facility improvements but MAN - you can't waste this. This is going to look like a colossal joke if we waste a talent like Tony Mitchell.

I'm also getting fed up with lack of promotions. This is just the final straw for me for RV. I think he's lost his passion and is just keeping the lights on. Sick of it.

• Upvote 1

Please don't let Benford be another Trilli.

• Upvote 1

Uhhhmm. Ok. <long dramatic pause>

So after reading through all of the basketball guru's comments, I've gone from thinking this was one of the following after reading the comments last night:

1.) massive, fully justified negative reaction (albeit probably too early to really say for sure-come on it's only two games ,RIGHT???) by passionate fans like tasty and CMJ.

2.) too-early to tell condemnations of a legitimate coach who got some bad breaks from injuries and what-not.

But now I'm starting to think we really do have another Todd Dodge on our hands.

If this is the case RV should be fired. I don't think there is any other choice and I think the president of the university needs to bring RV into his office if we don't see MASSIVE improvement over the next 10 games. I've always been the one to push for sainthood for RV after the stadium and other facility improvements but MAN - you can't waste this. This is going to look like a colossal joke if we waste a talent like Tony Mitchell.

I'm also getting fed up with lack of promotions. This is just the final straw for me for RV. I think he's lost his passion and is just keeping the lights on. Sick of it.

Oh this is much worse than Todd Dodge. Todd Dodge came to a team with not much talent and lacking scholarships due to academics. Benford took over a team with talent and a winning tradition that was building a loyal fanbase and has promptly destroyed all of that in two games. This team has no shooters, and who is in his recruiting class next year? One Center and 4 Power Forwards. Overlander is playing the same amount of minutes as Holeman and more than Coleman. I am not even sure we can keep track of players minutes, we should use seconds because rarely is a player in for a full minute at a time.

• Upvote 1

The coming to Jesus meeting should be happening in the AD's office, not the locker room.

This is unacceptable.

The come to Jesus meeting should be taking place in the President's office. RV has done some great things for North Texas but his choice of coaches leaves some doubt.

• Upvote 1