TXST correct acronym for Texas State

Boko Dweller

TXST correct acronym for Texas State. For reference:

Texas State University

The name of the university since September 2003. Use Texas State University on first reference and either Texas State University or Texas State on subsequent references (one or the other used consistently within your document). Never use TSU or TxSt.

(http://www.umktg.txstate.edu/resources/guides/editorial-styleguide/ed-guide-t.html)

TSU can be confused with Texas Southern, Tarleton State, etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 19

Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin' me and my mama together, and also that my kids no longer sound like retarded gang-bangers. Please put SWTXSUSM on our schedule so we can kick their arse.

• Upvote 2

I leave you guys alone for almost an entire day and I come back to see you guys looking down on Texas State. UNT has no right to look down on TXST, especially considering that both schools are on an equal level. Before you mention us losing to Texas State football-wise. If the trickle-down theory is correct, Txas State beat Houston, Houston beat UNT, therefore Texas State is superior to UNT.

Their correct abbreviation is TXST, so you guys should respect them by doing so. You guys don't like it when we, Whorn, Bible Aggy, TCU, Smoo, Aggy and Tech call you guys NTSU, so don't d the sae to them.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 17

But wait . . . according to your reasoning, Texas State beat Houston; therefore, Texas State is superior to Houston. But, as you said, Texas State and North Texas are both schools on an equal level. So, North Texas is also superior to Houston.

That would normally be the case. However, NTSU has proven itself to be inferior to UH academically and athletically as of recently.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Man, that Cougar board must be a joke as Cougar King still thinks he needs to spend time on GMG.Com. And now we have some SW TX State or whatever it now is signing up to post on GMG.Com...goodness, some folks need to get a life or maybe go to class or something.

I know GMG.Com is the greatest of all fan boards going in college sports, but shouldn't you guys just "go home" and place nice in your own sandbox? Are you guys that tired of your own boards? Really?

Cougar King...game over your guys won...good for you...now go away. Boko Dweller...just go away.

• Upvote 1

OK..........TXST'ers...........we can fully understand your attitude toward North Texas and your apparent need to (perhaps) aggrivate some on GMG.com and that because.........yall just basically took our place in a league we've been trying to get out of since we joined it and that mostly so we could be in a more regional division and have those "close by" rivalry conference games.

Honest to goodness, few on this board really have anything against the SBC at all but many times praise that league much of the time, but (once again) we just wanted some local or adjacent to our state conference rivalries and now we suddenly have 3 conference rivals from the Lone Star State beginning in 2013. We also now have one who will be in our West Division that has an AP poll #23 ranking in La Tech and I hope they keep it up. It's for darn sure that it will be more fun to have ranked conference rivals coming into our fabulous Apogee Stadium than what we've had forever. (The last ranked team who came to Denton was 1974 when a #19 ranked San Diego St came to Fouts and we upset the Aztecs in that game). Ironically, that win took place in Hayden Fry's 2'nd season when our win over the Aztecs were part of 2 total wins that season! :hair:

It's more fun for all concerned when the opposing team travels well.................Ask U of Houston how well UNT fans travel even after having had several losing seasons in a row and also ask them about our Green Brigade marching band who duly impressed many Coog fans. It was another era, but many of us on this board were actually part of approx. 19,000 traveling Mean Green fans back in the day when we played an OOC game against a school located not too far from San Marcos.

Admittedly, some years there is not much difference between CUSA or the SBC's top teams in regular season play, but in past years when CUSA would rise above the SBC in quality with its better teams (several of whom will still be members in CUSA) those teams have received AP poll Top 25 rankings. Being redundant all over again on the subject, but the SBC has yet to have any team ranked in the Top 25 since the football part of the league began play years ago. There were probably a few of us on this forum who thought a Troy U team for a couple of seasons should have gotten such a ranking but they only received votes as I recall.

It is all our hope to rise with the tide that almost everyone on GoMeanGreen.com to the person feels CUSA membership will help us attain. Most non-CUSA'ers would probably even admit that at least CUSA does have a bevy of sportswriters and poll voters who will vote for its better teams for Top 25 rankings and I for one am excited that our football program will be in such a group that that will be most of their goals to attain.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

But wait . . . according to your reasoning, Texas State beat Houston; therefore, Texas State is superior to Houston. But, as you said, Texas State and North Texas are both schools on an equal level. So, North Texas is also superior to Houston.

You just blew my effin mind!

TXST correct acronym for Texas State. For reference:

Texas State University

The name of the university since September 2003. Use Texas State University on first reference and either Texas State University or Texas State on subsequent references (one or the other used consistently within your document). Never use TSU or TxSt.

(http://www.umktg.txs...ed-guide-t.html)

TSU can be confused with Texas Southern, Tarleton State, etc.

Tallahassee State University, Tennessee Southern University, Texas School University, Tuscon School of Unicyclers...

I mean.. It could be so many things.

I leave you guys alone for almost an entire day and I come back to see you guys looking down on Texas State. UNT has no right to look down on TXST, especially considering that both schools are on an equal level. Before you mention us losing to Texas State football-wise. If the trickle-down theory is correct, Txas State beat Houston, Houston beat UNT, therefore Texas State is superior to UNT.

Their correct abbreviation is TXST, so you guys should respect them by doing so. You guys don't like it when we, Whorn, Bible Aggy, TCU, Smoo, Aggy and Tech call you guys NTSU, so don't d the sae to them.

I think UNT has something like a 30-10 record against SWTXSUSM and is now 7-7 against Houston. Trickle down on that.

I actually completely agree with this guy. Not sure why many members here have a double standard on this topic.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I actually completely agree with this guy. Not sure why many members here have a double standard on this topic.

Meh. There are two things that make it different.

1) I don't think anyone is going around the message board universe with the sole intent of correcting acronyms of North Texas. They get mad at articles and press pieces. If it occurs on a board, it's happening within some stupid smack talk thread,

2) TSU is actually a CORRECT acronym for Texas State University, whether or not it's the preferred one (otherwise, the system wouldn't use TSU themselves). BUT, North Texas State is not the name of our university, so NTSU is actually an INCORRECT acronym for our school. This isn't preference. This is factual.

Edited by Monkeypox