Attendance on national TV on the 15th..,

emmitt01

Attendance will not be an issue. I'm shocked that anyone thinks it will. We lost to HOUSTON last night, you know...that team that was a win away from a BCS bowl last year?? They're almost as good this year, they just had a really poor start. The student section will be 100% full, the wing will be close to it because of the special deal, and the alumni side should be fine. I see a 10% chance of us being UNDER 25K for this one.

I'm starting to like you, Tornado man.

• Upvote 2

This 25k attendance number is nuts. We'll be lucky to have 15k butts in seats. Nobody knows about the promo except for us. There should be billboards and TV spots running. Tuesday night at 8 pm for a 2-4 team that just got reamed by Houston vs ULaLa, yup that sure screams 25k to me. People will stay home and watch it on TV.

Seriously, what is the selling point for the casual fan to come to this game?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This 25k attendance number is nuts. We'll be lucky to have 15k butts in seats. Nobody knows about the promo except for us. There should be billboards and TV spots running. Tuesday night at 8 pm for a 2-4 team that just got reamed by Houston vs ULaLa, yup that sure screams 25k to me. People will stay home and watch it on TV.

Seriously, what is the selling point for the casual fan to come to this game?

2 seats for 10 bucks. that is the selling point. a lot of people know about the promo, did you not remember hearing at the game and beforehand that local businesses ARE COMPETING to sell the MOST TICKETS via that deal? 25K easy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I think we will dramatically outdraw what the below linked photo of a recent Miami Hurricanes home game drew.

Photo in link below.

http://www.democrati...d.com/120419900

GMG!

PS: IMHO, NCAA FBS football is getting dangerously close to over-exposing its product with way too many televised games during the week.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I think our North Texas vs. U of Louisiana nationally televised game will also dramatically outdraw the Maryland/Boston College game with their crowd(?) seen in the linked photo below.

http://sports.yahoo....eXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

GMG!

PS: North Texas officials for this one game should go to all of Denton Counties elementary and/or middle schools and just give tickets away. IT'S NATIONAL TV, FOLKS! :)

Remember when former SMU AD Russ Pott's used to say back in their Mustang Mania era how "an empty seat will not buy a souvenir program, a hot dog, a coke, a T-shirt, etc, etc, etc? (And no, I don't think freeby tickets should become a regular occurence at North Texas, either, because our on the field product will "believe it or not"....improve).

Contact UTSA'smarketing staff to see how they've succuessfully done theirs because even giving away free tickets takes a very large staff with evangelistic fervor to get out in the public to insure that the jobs gets done. Just sayin'...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Attendance will not be an issue. I'm shocked that anyone thinks it will. We lost to HOUSTON last night, you know...that team that was a win away from a BCS bowl last year?? They're almost as good this year, they just had a really poor start. The student section will be 100% full, the wing will be close to it because of the special deal, and the alumni side should be fine. I see a 10% chance of us being UNDER 25K for this one.

I'll have whatever you're smoking because there's a 10% chance we're OVER 25K

• Upvote 6

Young man I like the cut of your jib. I truly hope you are right. That said I have been watching this program for too long to have your optimisim. I think 16k which quite frankly is not bad considering our win-loss record and past history.

Between the kid's school recital being that night and keeping her up three hours past her bed time on a school night, I would be a very bad parent for going to this game. I genuinely hope this isn't the case for too many other would be fans.

This is the problem with a Tuesday night game on ESPN2. Getting dad to the game, but not getting mom and kids to the game because it's a school night. Trading one person for 3 or 4 people will be the issue. 18K will be a good crowd, and unfortunately won't look great on TV.

This is the problem with a Tuesday night game on ESPN2. Getting dad to the game, but not getting mom and kids to the game because it's a school night. Trading one person for 3 or 4 people will be the issue. 18K will be a good crowd, and unfortunately won't look great on TV.

In my case, there's no mom to leave the kid with. We're an all or nothing package the vast majority of the time.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1

I think we will dramatically outdraw what the below linked photo of a recent Miami Hurricanes home game drew.

Photo in link below.

http://www.democrati...d.com/120419900

GMG!

PS: IMHO, NCAA FBS football is getting dangerously close to over-exposing its product with way too many televised games during the week.

Jim, all we need is their ticket counter because their announced attendance for that game was in the area of 39,000. They can lay SMU in the shade.

• Upvote 1

There were more people at SFA v. Sam than at UNT v. UH.

Yea SFA vs. SHSU is only an 87 year rivalry, SHSU is expected to contend for a national title and it was held in Reliant Stadium.

It's crazy to think that a non-conference game between two mediocre teams couldn't top that.

This.

Sorry, but everybody is going to hear the voices of your cheerleaders over the crowd.

Look.

It was a fun week with you last week. You rattled up alot of people. Lots of yuks.

But the way it works is AFTER the game we play against your team, if you decide to stick around, it's usually for well-wishing, or general questions... not continued trash talking.

Isn't there a UAB board for you to sign up on?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1