The CougarKing Comes to GMG Thread (With Guest Star MeanGreener)

Cougar King

King may be everything you say, but the insults have been about UH not King. And it's not like UNT fans have been guiltless on this thread. King makes a prediction about the game that obviously UNT fans won't like because it doesn't have UNT winning. He says nothing negative about UNT other than predicting a 45-17 victory.

2nd post we get "Cougar High."

4th post "Cougar High."

There were posts back in forth. Some good. Some bad.

Then the real insults started with Carribean calling Robertson a hole worth about as much money as Apogee's bathrooms with sub 30k crowds, something that has happened once since 2010.

King did respond pretty negatively to that with some UNT insults.

Then CurveIT escalates with insults that teams with directions are better than teams with cities. Silly but go for it. And says that UH can't draw when we're not undefeated (despite UH selling out 2010 in a losing season).

We're having fun here, no?

We are on gomeangreen.com after all. It's not like we are going on to someone else's message board and chastizing them for defending their school. I can only imagine what would happen on coogfans if UNT fans went over there and started posting obvious attempts to draw people offsides Lighten up.

Where have you been the last 5 years? Unlike UNT, we have sold out our stadium almost every game including TxST and La Tech. We brought 30k to Reliant this past weekend even though we were 0-3. College Gameday came to our campus last season while they still call you North Texas State. We get 4 and 5 star recruits which of course is a foreign concept to you guys. Tickets for our games went up to $200 a pop at the peak of last year and even $40 tickets are happily bought by the cougar fateful. UNT tickets are pretty much free and people STILL don't want them. The news had a contest giving away 4 tickets because the game sold out in less than a day. Our students ARE NOT apathetic, they stay until the end of the game. Unlike UNT, we don't crucify our Fraternities for setting up their letters and tailgating outside the stadium espicially when they voluntarily clean up before kickoff and come inside. You obviously did not watch the La Tech game since we lost 56-49 and took them down the last second. We are heading to an AQ conference, you guys are just another directional school. We ARE NOT brothers in arms, you ARE NOT our equals. You guys couldn't get into the SWC back in the day. You guys are overshadowed and outrecruited by SMU of all schools.

WE put players in the NFL, you guys generally don't. We have produced Heisman candidates. You're lucky to have one of your players on the All-SunBelt team. We have T-Shirt fans in our city, our city hall was decorated in Cougar Red. Denton supports a women's college more than UNT. You don't want to play this game with me.

THIS is what our stadium typically looks like on a Saturday night. (Even though this was a day game lol)

--

Wow. Mighty high opinion of yourself for a program that got blown out by Texas St., a not-even-a-Sun Belt-conference program-yet school. One win over hapless Rice and you are pounding your chest liike you think you are an OU or a UT.

In case you haven't heard, you aren't in an "AQ" conference anymore, because they don't exist. A rule especially aimed at the Big Least. Enjoy traveling to the East Coast for away games. Enjoy staying in a conference with a gawd-awful SMU that is on a downhill slide.

We will happily take your place in CUSA and have easy travel to every away game while you guys languish in the bottom of the Big Least for the next 5 years.

Maybe after our game you guys will fire your defesive coordinator since you have a head coach willing to place blame anywhere but on himself.

You really need to get over yourself.

• Upvote 1

And there is no way in hell there was 30,000 people at the UH v. Rice game

About 40,000 tickets were sold, most of the lower bowl was filled with Red shirts, you do the math.(Or do they not teach that class at NTSU)

Cougar High.

NTSU.

Wow. Mighty high opinion of yourself for a program that got blown out by Texas St., a not-even-a-Sun Belt-conference program-yet school. One win over hapless Rice and you are pounding your chest liike you think you are an OU or a UT.

In case you haven't heard, you aren't in an "AQ" conference anymore, because they don't exist. A rule especially aimed at the Big Least. Enjoy traveling to the East Coast for away games. Enjoy staying in a conference with a gawd-awful SMU that is on a downhill slide.

We will happily take your place in CUSA and have easy travel to every away game while you guys languish in the bottom of the Big Least for the next 5 years.

Maybe after our game you guys will fire your defesive coordinator since you have a head coach willing to place blame anywhere but on himself.

You really need to get over yourself.

Have fun with our sloppy seconds and the new start-up schools, we'll be tuning into our games with Boise, UCF, Rutgers and Louisville to name a few. We'll take our TV Deal, our millions of dollars and new 45k seat stadium. By the way, AQ goes away after the 2013 season and therefor we will be one of the haves while you continue your lowly existence of being a have-not.

Please stop with the CH. it's very offensive to their fans.

I don't care if they say it, most of the younger alumns and students don't really care since we reached tier-one status some years ago and drastically raised admission standrads. It's mostly the old-timers who get upset with that name.

Edited by Cougar King

That is sooooo wrong! Been there, done that. Never again. Those LSU fans are like drunken Babylonian misfits, even if they play the Univ. of Little Sisters of the Poor.

Must be football. I've been there for high stakes post season baseball, and our team beat them. Other than their trying to tip the visiting team bus on its side while full of visiting players, the fans wee cooler than hell to little ole me. I had a GREAT time in Baton Rouge.

Must be football. I've been there for high stakes post season baseball, and our team beat them. Other than their trying to tip the visiting team bus on its side while full of visiting players, the fans wee cooler than hell to little ole me. I had a GREAT time in Baton Rouge.

Yes, I'm talking about football games. Can't believe you enjoy being around those heathens.

Yes, I'm talking about football games. Can't believe you enjoy being around those heathens.

Well, the point being that you don't typically have t-shirt fans going to baseball games. Dare I say even the Longhorn fans were gracious when we swept them right off the baseball map in Austin. It's been my experience that you meet the core fan base outside football and basketball.

Edit: I should add that the same premise has shown the core fan base of my alma mater to be a bunch of self-entitled Orange County douchebags better suited for reality television that sporting events.

Edited by oldguystudent

Well, as you guys know we blew out Rice and took our foot off the gas en-route to an easy victory. You guys edged out Florida Atlantic and went home with a win. Now that we both have taken care of some owls, its time for our game.

I have ties to both schools, but I'm taking my Coogs in this one, here's why. First of all, The Rob is one of the toughest stadiums to play in. (We only lost about 5 games there in the last 5-6 years), we wre 0-3 before Saturday and still brought 30k+ to Reliant.

You know, in light of what SMU fans used to say about Houston fans (something having to do with 7-11's being their first choice for dining, as well as acquiring walking around money ) which I found to be very offensive, I would think that Houston fans would be a bit hesitant to refer to their football venue as "The Rob".

You have to believe that every time you use that term, all you former SWC (especially the SMU fans) conference mates start snickering.

• Upvote 1

You know, in light of what SMU fans used to say about Houston fans (something having to do with 7-11's being their first choice for dining, as well as acquiring walking around money ) which I found to be very offensive, I would think that Houston fans would be a bit hesitant to refer to their football venue as "The Rob".

You have to believe that every time you use that term, all you former SWC (especially the SMU fans) conference mates start snickering.

Unlike you guys, we don't give a flying *&*& about what SMU thinks. Hell, they even acknowledge that they can learn from us when it comes to recruiting quality players and filling the stadium. They also know and admit we have their number and one of their goals every season is to beat us, which of course hasn't happened in over half a decade. Robertson and his family have done so much for UH and we proudly call it The Rob as a result. So please don't talk about something you know absolutely nothing about. Looking in one of the other threads, you guys moan and snap at each other over the idea of a color game among other petty things and until you guys stop doing that, you will never make the progress you have the full potential of making.

We overcome the stereotypes heaped upon our school, 4 and 5 star guys still come to UH despite what they say about us, and we wear our red proudly. It sounds as if you guys could really take a page out of our book.

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Unlike you guys, we don't give a flying #$%^ about what SMU thinks. Hell, they even acknowledge that they can learn from us when it comes to recruiting quality players and filling the stadium. They also know and admit we have their number and one of their goals every season is to beat us, which of course hasn't happened in over half a decade. Robertson and his family have done so much for UH and we proudly call it The Rob as a result. So please don't talk about something you know absolutely nothing about. Looking in one of the other threads, you guys moan and snap at each other over the idea of a color game among other petty things and until you guys stop doing that, you will never make the progress you have the full potential of making.

We overcome the stereotypes heaped upon our school, 4 and 5 star guys still come to UH despite what they say about us, and we wear our red proudly. It sounds as if you guys could really take a page out of our book.

YES! There's the four-letter word! Bye dude. We do things a little different on this site.

• Upvote 1

Unlike you guys, we don't give a flying fuck about what SMU thinks. Hell, they even acknowledge that they can learn from us when it comes to recruiting quality players and filling the stadium. They also know and admit we have their number and one of their goals every season is to beat us, which of course hasn't happened over half a decade. Robertson and his family have done so much for UH and we proudly call it The Rob as a result. So please don't talk about something you know absolutely nothing about. Looking in one of the other threads, you guys moan and snap at each other over the idea of a color game among other petty things and until you guys stop doing that, you will never make the progress you have the full potential of making.

I love it!!!!!! This is so much better than the Apathy of the Sun Belt. Actually playing in state schools that care and whose alumni I know and work with. Sterotypes and and school slurs are awesome. Love the 'rob', so appropriate. It gets me worked up and make me want to do something about it. Not so much about FIU or South Alabama, etc...

Oh, and Cougar King, you SUCK! :ass:

Unlike you guys, we don't give a flying *&*& about what SMU thinks. Hell, they even acknowledge that they can learn from us when it comes to recruiting quality players and filling the stadium. They also know and admit we have their number and one of their goals every season is to beat us, which of course hasn't happened in over half a decade. Robertson and his family have done so much for UH and we proudly call it The Rob as a result. So please don't talk about something you know absolutely nothing about. Looking in one of the other threads, you guys moan and snap at each other over the idea of a color game among other petty things and until you guys stop doing that, you will never make the progress you have the full potential of making.

geezzz, try to be the voice of concern and see what it gets you.......an f-bomb. Oh well, it's true what they say "no good deed goes unpunished"............ B)