ULM's Malone Stadium Is Rockin' Hosting Baylor On ESPN

FirefightnRick

Well, crap, never mind about hoping for that one. Now let's just hope our guys run their asses off for our game against them. Right now they are definitely looking better than just about all of the other Sunbelt teams. Please, don't anybody talk about WacKY, beating KY isn't an upset.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Did anyone catch earlier in the game the black and white videos of Stan "The Man" Humphries that they showed? Those were during a game against us at Fouts, probably '86?

That dude was a major bad ass and went on to play for the Redskins. His game against us in the first round of the playoffs in Monroe in '87 was unbelievable. He could stick the ball in between defenders down field while on the run as good as any QB in the nation. 5 weeks later they won the NC.

For that game, the home crowd at Malone was just as packed as it was tonight, just didn't hold as many fans back then.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't blame Baylor for not staying in Monroe longer then they had to.

I think they were there for less than 8 hours lol

The local shanty motel run by Bobby Bushea must of missed out on a nice paycheck.

I'm sure the fans are thinking to themselfs

"Oh no! We suck again!"

This was their biggest home opener and game ever.

Their defense can't stop a nose bleed

Hunting season is just around the corner,so there goes over half of their fan base.

I see them never recovering and having another losing season.....like always

Edited by LakeTravis
  • Upvote 1

Baylor may not look great, but check their votes...not Top 25, but #27 and #28. If LaMon wins, that's 2 teams around the top 30-ish during the weeks they played them. And 1 OT loss. I hope we beat them, but either way, if they have a 10-2 or 11-1 record they could possibly end up in a BCS bowl in January. $$$$$$

You can't be serious.

You can't be serious.

I was, based on them beating Baylor, "possibly", not probably. If they went 11-1 with just the OT loss to Auburn, and the right combination of enough other teams beating each other down to 8-4 records...sure, they could've been a candidate for this year's BCS buster with 1 loss. Not anymore, though.

I was, based on them beating Baylor, "possibly", not probably. If they went 11-1 with just the OT loss to Auburn, and the right combination of enough other teams beating each other down to 8-4 records...sure, they could've been a candidate for this year's BCS buster with 1 loss. Not anymore, though.

Houston, a much more highly respected program, finished 11-1 last year. No BCS bid.

ULM owuld have had to beat Baylor, Auburn, and Arkansas and remain perfect the rest of the year.

Even then, as poor a perception as the Sun Belt has, it would be anything but a sure thing.

Edited by UNT90

Did anyone catch earlier in the game the black and white videos of Stan "The Man" Humphries that they showed? Those were during a game against us at Fouts, probably '86.

Northeast Louisiana had two back to back stud quarterbacks...

Right before Humphries was the QB they had Bubby Brister who went on to play for the Steelers and was John Elway's backup in Denver on the 1990's Super Bowl teams...

Brister has the worst name in the history of football, but he could play...