Hello my feathered friends!

I am new to GOMEANGREEN and look forward to talking sports with you kids. My wife and I both went to UNT and we live in Denton still. Currently, I am starting my last semester in grad school at TCU. It has been great there, but UNT and Denton is where my heart is. Too many frat boys and rich tools at TCU. I am covered in tattoos and those TCU kids do not know what to think of me. The football and baseball team are the best things about that school and I have had fun watching them play. When I am done there I have recieved a scholarship to continue my graduate studies at UNT in the spring, and I can not wait. I worked at Lucky Lou's for three years and have managed Rubber Gloves for about 6 years. So, I am sure I have either gotten most of you drunk or been drunk with you guys. I believe UNT will go 7 and 5 this year and I am looking forward to going to watch them win whatever bowl they go to. Does that sound crazy? Also, why does UNT not have any of those rubber braclets? They could make a killing of them. I know I would buy a few. See you cats later.

Welcome. I think you'll find that there is a great variety of fans on this board spreading over several decades. While there are some "kids" on the board you may have served, you probably haven't served "most" of us. :)

We definitely look forward to your insight and perspective. Glad to have you!

Also, as you catch up, you can use the search feature to learn about past discussions. For example, the rubber bracelets have come up before, though I don't think you'll find an answer to your question.

Go Mean Green!

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1

I knew at one point the hospitality department handed them out, but it is odd they are not sold. OldGuyStudent, when I first went to UNT the school color was a darker green. By the time I left the kelly green showed up. I have never sat in the Endzone seats so I cannot comment. No to the turkish sanduskyisk comment about nude coaches.

• Upvote 1

Just ran the numbers.... we can get 220 bracelets ordered saying Go Mean Green! and having the SOW on it for around .50 a piece. We sell them for $5 and donate the funds to the Andrew Smith fund and we have ourselves a fundraiser. If I order them today I can have them by Texas Southern.

You order them and I'll take 50-100 from you. I'll sell them Friday and Saturday and have you the money by kickoff.

• Upvote 2

color of green preference? Pantone 356 (official)?

Mean Green Eagle if you make them you should sell them on ebay. These TCU students made a bunch of those things and sell them on EBAY for like $3.99 a piece with free shipping. They are making a killing. Go on Ebay and type in TCU braclet and it should come up.

Mean Green Eagle if you make them you should sell them on ebay. These TCU students made a bunch of those things and sell them on EBAY for like $3.99 a piece with free shipping. They are making a killing. Go on Ebay and type in TCU braclet and it should come up.

I would be ok with donating proceeds (after cost) to the Andrew Smith Scholarship fund on behalf of GoMeanGreen.com

I don't are about rubber bracelets.... but I do want to know when The Extraordinaires are coming back to Rubber Gloves?

That is a good question. They were supposed to come a few months ago but they had a tour bus problem I believe. When I book them again I will tell you on here. I hope it is soon. Those guys are greatness.

• Upvote 2

Buttons too. In the USC bookstore they had buttons for every home game available. It was Go Trojans Beat Hawaii...or something along those lines. I thought was a great way to prep for the season - I'll take a handful please - 5 buttons this year.

GMG

• Upvote 1