Tragic Loss

MCMLXXX

Tragic...very sad. May his family and friends find comfort in all the good times they shared, and may God grant his family peace. The Mean Green nation has suffered a big loss...I will keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Very sad to hear this. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

• Upvote 1

Very sad, indeed. A great loss and I hope his family can find some comfort.

I have been on that lake one time and vowed never to go back.

Very, very sad.

Horrible news indeed, and one has to worry about how his young family will manage. I do recall there being several other drownings at Lewisville Lake this year. UNT90, given your expressed opinion, do you have any thoughts on other area lakes, such as Ray Roberts?

Edited by eulessismore

Horrible news indeed, and one has to worry about how his young family will manage. I do recall there being several other drownings at Lewisville Lake this year. UNT90, given your expressed opinion, do you have any thoughts on other area lakes, such as Ray Roberts?

My brother-in-law and I kept a boat (pontoon....wouldn't own any other kind) at the marina at Lake Ray Roberts for over a year. I think there was one drowning there earlier this summer.....the first one I've heard of in years. It's a very open and safe lake and I like it very much.

Every time my wife and I hear that there is about to be a drowning report on the local news, we always comment that it's going to either be Lewisville or Grapevine lake.....and sadly we're usually right.

This is such a huge tragedy. I am so sorry for his family.

Ray Roberts is fine. Like was stated above, Grapevine and Lewisville are the most dangerous. Lewisville is a drunken party with jet skis and power boats. Not a good combo. Accidents just waiting to happen.

And I agree. Pontoon boat is the only way to go. That's how I roll (when I'm not dry-docked and can roll).

I worked at the Marina at Lake Ray Roberts in high school and the first couple years of college. It is an excellent lake. In the 4 or so years I worked there, one person drowned and it was due to a very bad storm that capsized the person's boat.

I hate to go off topic on such a sensitive thread, but I just got reminded of something fairly related.

A few of you mentioned that there have been other drownings in the lake this year...I remember a few months ago when I was driving south on 35E over the lake, a skydiver landed in the lake about 15 feet from the highway, parachute and all. Does anyone know if that man was okay, or if there was any news about it? It was a pretty frightening sight, especially given it was so close to the interstate. I was pretty shaken for a couple hours since the guy was seriously 15-20 feet from landing on the highway, and had he landed there, I probably would have either hit him or had to swerve out of the way on the bridge.