Purdue RB Reggie Pegram transferring to UNT

Harry

gallery_1_23_13214.jpg

Reggie Pegram, a former Dallas Madison standout, confirmed Tuesday afternoon that he will enroll at UNT.

Pegram played two seasons at Purdue. Here is his bio: Pegram

Pegram rushed for 109 yards on 22 carries last season. He will have two years of eligibility remaining at UNT.

Pegram plans to file a hardship waiver with the NCAA based on the health of his mother, who has a heart condition.

UNT recruited Pegram out of Dallas Madison, where he was an all-state running back. Pegram elected to sign with Purdue and played two seasons.

Once Pegram decided to transfer closer to home, UNT became an attractive destination because of his family's connection to the school. Pegram's cousins Brandon Kennedy and Erric Pegram are both significant players in program history.

Read More: http://meangreenblog...ferring-to.html

This post has been promoted to an article

Pegram is on record as saying he enjoyed his time at Purdue but family issues arising in Texas forced him to head home and play football elsewhere. I respect that decision because football won’t always be around but your family is your family. I wish him nothing but the best and I’m sad to see him go as he had lots of potential showcased by his two touchdown performance in the bowl game.

http://www.jumboheroes.com/?p=2304

24 Byrd, Brandin RB 5-10 211 Jr. Copperas Cove, TX (Copperas Cove HS)

22 Jimmerson, Antoinne RB 5-9 207 RFr. Dallas, TX (DeSoto HS)

38 Monroe, Bryan RB 5-8 197 Jr. Prosper, TX (Prosper HS)

39 Sashington, Konockus RB 6-1 209 So. Austin, TX (Akins HS)

23 Whitfield, Zac RB 5-9 180 RFr. Sherman, TX (Sherman HS)

26 Wilhite, Dimitri RB 5-8 195 Jr. Denton, TX (Guyer HS)

plus

Mark Lewis RB Livonia, Louisiana/Livonia HS 5-10 210

Jamarcus Jarvis RB Houma, Louisiana/East Ascension HS 5-10 195

Take your picks

Edited by LakeTravis

Sashington was moved to RB? Interesting considering our depth issues in the defensive backfield.

I'm glad to have Pegram, but it is far from a guarantee that he will start. He was a two-star coming out of HS just like the rest of them, so this will just increase the competition. My sleeper, taking into consideration I expect the freshmen to redshirt, is Whitfield from Sherman. He looked dynamic on his HS videos.

• Upvote 1

*****Disclaimer...I'm sure Reggie is a hell of a back and will make a contribution at NT*******************

Let's all just pump the brakes a bit. Yes, he comes to us from a Big Ten school. But let's not judge him prematurely based on "pedigree". Every season we sit on this very board and bemoan the fact that ratings services bump kids' ratings up because of the big schools who are after them, we rattle off a list of small school players who go on to the NFL, and we talk about how great our recruits are based on their unmined diamond in the rough status that only we and our coaching staff can recognize. Well, I'm just saying let's be consistent. Mr. Pegram may be a program changer. He might not. Same goes for the WR from the all-mighty UT. Let's not throw that parade just yet...they might or might not pan out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

*****Disclaimer...I'm sure Reggie is a hell of a back and will make a contribution at NT*******************

Let's all just pump the brakes a bit. Yes, he comes to us from a Big Ten school. But let's not judge him prematurely based on "pedigree". Every season we sit on this very board and bemoan the fact that ratings services bump kids' ratings up because of the big schools who are after them, we rattle off a list of small school players who go on to the NFL, and we talk about how great our recruits are based on their unmined diamond in the rough status that only we and our coaching staff can recognize. Well, I'm just saying let's be consistent. Mr. Pegram may be a program changer. He might not. Same goes for the WR from the all-mighty UT. Let's not throw that parade just yet...they might or might not pan out.

I get that, but you've got to admit that getting transfers from the Big 10, Big 12, and SEC is a HELLUVA LOT > getting jucos.

• Upvote 2

24 Byrd, Brandin RB 5-10 211 Jr. Copperas Cove, TX (Copperas Cove HS)

22 Jimmerson, Antoinne RB 5-9 207 RFr. Dallas, TX (DeSoto HS)

38 Monroe, Bryan RB 5-8 197 Jr. Prosper, TX (Prosper HS)

39 Sashington, Konockus RB 6-1 209 So. Austin, TX (Akins HS)

23 Whitfield, Zac RB 5-9 180 RFr. Sherman, TX (Sherman HS)

26 Wilhite, Dimitri RB 5-8 195 Jr. Denton, TX (Guyer HS)

plus

Mark Lewis RB Livonia, Louisiana/Livonia HS 5-10 210

Jamarcus Jarvis RB Houma, Louisiana/East Ascension HS 5-10 195

Take your picks

I''ll take this one, who you didn't list:

http://www.meangreen...ewArticle.dbml?

SPSID=9053&SPID=562&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=205240324&Q_SEASON=2012

But, I expect him to make his case on the field, as he was doing this spring. I think more than one of these guys may have to decide on whether or not to play another position.

Edited by eulessismore