NBC Apoogizes, sort of....

Right...shoot someone, go to jail. That's my boat.

'Kay. Number one, your honor, just look at him. And B, we've got all this, like, evidence, of how, like, this guy didn't even pay at the hospital. And I heard that he doesn't even have a tattoo. I know! And I'm all, "you've gotta be s@!+ing me" But check this out man, judge should be like "guilty!!" Peace.

Edited by UNT90

We aren't talking about every time, correct? Just this instance of one man shooting and killing another.

But to answer your question, agree.

The years passed. Mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes that genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources were focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We aren't talking about every time, correct? Just this instance of one man shooting and killing another.

But to answer your question, agree.

Alright, then. Where do you get off insinuating I don't have morals? Or that I would justify murder?

I have not commented on this case or taken any side, and don't intend to (beyond this single post) until all the facts are in and sorted out. I would say that's a fairly moral approach. It may be a murder; it may be an act of self-defense; it might be a homicide somewhere in the middle--nothing definitive has been presented any way. And while I suppose it's fine for others to comment if they wish, for someone to say they have no interest in all the facts--and yet want the guy sentenced for murder--is pathetic.

Alright, then. Where do you get off insinuating I don't have morals? Or that I would justify murder?

I have not commented on this case or taken any side, and don't intend to (beyond this single post) until all the facts are in and sorted out. I would say that's a fairly moral approach. It may be a murder; it may be an act of self-defense; it might be a homicide somewhere in the middle--nothing definitive has been presented any way. And while I suppose it's fine for others to comment if they wish, for someone to say they have no interest in all the facts--and yet want the guy sentenced for murder--is pathetic.

My post wasn't strictly directed at you, more at the thought that all the outside fluff has any impact on what was done. I should have qualified my statement with "stricter" morals or limited it to the subject at hand. I am not trying to imply you don't have morals, I've gathered from your posts in the past you do. My apologies.

I never said I have no interest in all the facts or that I want Zimmerman sentenced. Claiming self-defense in this instance is a joke in my opinion. Others feel it's justified. All this talk about race, 911 calls, twitter feeds, who started the scrum, etc. is really irrelevant to what happened the moment Martin got shot.

• Upvote 1

I never said I have no interest in all the facts or that I want Zimmerman sentenced.

No, you didn't say that specifically. But you sided with the statement, "Actually, I simply haven't been paying a lick of attention...I stopped caring about "whys" after Zimmerman shot a kid. I really don't need much more than that." You suggested that any other view was immoral.

I've got a bridge to sell you....

So you are willing to believe audio technology that can identify the person screaming in the background of a 911 call, I mean identify who that person actual is, but you aren't willing to accept a liberal news outlet's opinion that a words that is stated INTO THE TELEPHONE RECEIVER was something other than you what you want to believe when audio ewnhancement is used?

Seewhat.jpg

Edited by UNT90

So you are willing to believe audio technology that can identify the person screaming in the background of a 911 call, I mean identify who that person actual is

Thanks for telling me what I believe. Now find where I stated as such.

, but you aren't willing to accept a liberal news outlet's opinion that a words that is stated INTO THE TELEPHONE RECEIVER was something other than you what you want to believe when audio ewnhancement is used?

lolz, "liberal news outlet". Unintentional gold man, gold.

Thanks for telling me what I believe. Now find where I stated as such.

lolz, "liberal news outlet". Unintentional gold man, gold.

As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

This sounds like something you'd read on StormFront....

Whoa.

Don't know what stormfornt is, but:

If you have one bucket that contains 2 gallons and another bucket that contains 7 gallons, how many buckets do you have?

Ooh! I love fun MENSA questions like this!!

So, I can run a mile in about 9 minutes...well, 7 minutes if I'm in shape. When I'm running, I can drink up to a gallon of water. So if I'm running for 26.2 miles, then I think you have 1 1/2 buckets of water.

What did I win?

Ooh! I love fun MENSA questions like this!!

So, I can run a mile in about 9 minutes...well, 7 minutes if I'm in shape. When I'm running, I can drink up to a gallon of water. So if I'm running for 26.2 miles, then I think you have 1 1/2 buckets of water.

What did I win?

Unaware of what year it was, Joe wandered the streets desperate for help. But the English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I've got a bridge to sell you....

This isn't an attack, but I've gotta ask - When CNN Says that it was "Coon", you believe it. Now that they claim it's really "Cold", you don't? ...and the fact that not ONLY has CNN admitted to this mistake, but now ABC and NBC have had to admit the audio and videos have been doctored, you still buy this is a racially motivated case or crime?

The question you have to ask yourself is simple. Why? Why have 3 of the biggest media outlets had to back track or apologize at this point? ...if the evidence supported their coverage of the story and their demonization of George Zimmerman, why doctor the evidence?

Even if Zimmerman were a Klansman, he wouldn't be guilty for shooting somebody who was beating him savagely. If Trayvon Martin were a Black Panther, it would still be wrong for Zimmerman to shoot him if he was not defending himself. We are supposed to have blind justice! The racial component here is not supposed to matter. We have a dead teenager. We have a dead American. We have somebody who shot him. We still don't know the details. All we have are a bunch of networks and race hustlers trying to create a stereotype out of this, going so far as the New York Times referring to Zimmerman as a "white Hispanic" just to create the template or the narrative or the whole stereotype, if you will.

Race is being injected into this case to enrich the race-baiters, to sell newspapers and to try to enhance a television network audience.

• Upvote 4

It would have required a lot less typing to just say "I got nothing".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This isn't an attack, but I've gotta ask - When CNN Says that it was "Coon", you believe it. Now that they claim it's really "Cold", you don't? ...and the fact that not ONLY has CNN admitted to this mistake, but now ABC and NBC have had to admit the audio and videos have been doctored, you still buy this is a racially motivated case or crime?

Once again, someone is assuming that I get all my information from the big news networks, and I only came to my conclusions by being brainwashed by CNN.

I read about this story long before Greenbat every posted the original thread in this forum. I heard the 9-1-1 calls shortly after this news story went mainstream. I heard the 'coons' part (which BTW sounds nothing like "cold") before CNN or ABC or anyone else ever assumed that Zimmerman used that racial slur.

The question you have to ask yourself is simple. Why? Why have 3 of the biggest media outlets had to back track or apologize at this point? ...if the evidence supported their coverage of the story and their demonization of George Zimmerman, why doctor the evidence?

Good question, because by all accounts the evidence generally speaks for itself.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Once again, someone is assuming that I get all my information from the big news networks, and I only came to my conclusions by being brainwashed by CNN.

I read about this story long before Greenbat every posted the original thread in this forum. I heard the 9-1-1 calls shortly after this news story went mainstream. I heard the 'coons' part (which BTW sounds nothing like "cold") before CNN or ABC or anyone else ever assumed that Zimmerman used that racial slur.

I didn't assume anything, I'm simply asking a question. I heard the raw tape today and there is no way you can clearly make out what he said there. The ONLY ONE that I've heard where it even sort of sounds like Coon was one of the enhanced tapes, I think CNN's, though there is so much raw data out on this story now, it's hard to keep up.

the very day this broke into the mainstream, MSNBC and CNN were claiming there was a racial slur on this tape. I'm not sure how you heard it before that was being thrown around. The only reason it ever hit the mainstream is BECAUSE of the racial component.

Good question, because by all accounts the evidence generally speaks for itself.

Well, we can agree to disagree on that, as I think the evidence leaves the situation surrounding what happened murky at best. ...that being said, if it DID speak for itself, they would run with it, not message it to fit a narrative.

My issue here isn't that I'm trying to defend Zimmerman. Rather I'm saying "I don't know what happened. NOBODY really knows what happened. Why is the news media trying to draw conclusions and create a narrative rather than simply report what we do and don't know about the story?" The only possible conclusion I can come up with is the one stated above. Fuel for the race-baiters and ratings. Nothing more.

+1 for the fair response... Thanks!

Edited by yyz28
  • Upvote 3

I didn't assume anything, I'm simply asking a question. I heard the raw tape today and there is no way you can clearly make out what he said there. The ONLY ONE that I've heard where it even sort of sounds like Coon was one of the enhanced tapes, I think CNN's, though there is so much raw data out on this story now, it's hard to keep up.

Heard it on youtube without any enhancement, it was pretty clear to me.

the very day this broke into the mainstream, MSNBC and CNN were claiming there was a racial slur on this tape. I'm not sure how you heard it before that was being thrown around. The only reason it ever hit the mainstream is BECAUSE of the racial component.

I misspoke. I meant to say that I heard the 9-1-1 call shortly before it went mainstream. The internet picked up on this story a good 2 weeks before the mainstream news media did.

Just caught a kid with a hoodie a couple nights back who was lifting handles on mine and my roommate's car. I walked outside and said "ever heard the name Trayvon??? Not very smart of you..." then walked back in and called the cops. He then shouted names at me because he felt fronted. 100% proof that he was lifting handles and using his flashlight app to look in my car (in my driveway). BTW....the kid was white and looked like a 5'2 wannabe gangbanger. Shoulda smoked that fool.....but I only have a hiking stick :sword:

Hahahahahahaha

Now that is the funniest thing I have seen posted in relation to this event.

So, you either are a member of the law enforcement investigative team, or they run everything by you, OR you consider media reports and 911 tapes complete evidence in a shooting investigation.

Or you are pejudiced (again, by the very definition of the word) against Zimmerman.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2