Karen Aston replacement list?

Harry

Gail Goestenkors? Hey she wanted less pressure....

Donna Capps is a name that always seems to come up.

What about the coach at TWU?

Any ideas? I don't envy RV, it will be tough to beat his last hire in this position...

Anyone who is not going to bail on us after 1 year!

I had been monitoring the progress of the co-head coach tandem of husband and wife Michael and Kenya Landers of Trinity Valley Community College. Unfortnately, they just resigned, within the week, to become assistants on the Ole Miss squad. TVCC just completed a 36-0 National Juco Championship to claim their 6th overall. Both are native Texans who recruit the country for the best talent. Kenya is a Duncanville, Texas native and played with Jalie Mitchell in high school. She went on to have a steller career at UT after initially signing with TCU. Hell, maybe it's not too late. the resignation is effective April 6th. Maybe they can bring some of that freshman talent they had at TVCC.

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/17291381/kenya-and-michael-landers-leaving-trinity-valley-for-ole-miss

http://www2.tvcc.edu/Lady-Cards-Basketball/article.aspx?articleid=528&zoneid=222&deptid=187

http://www2.tvcc.edu/Lady-Cards-Basketball/article.aspx?articleid=527&zoneid=222&deptid=187

• Upvote 1

Which of them do you think is most ready?

I'll take this one. Angela Ortega...without question. She's coached with/for Karen Aston for eight or more years and is known as a terrific recruiter. I'd wager that she had a heavy hand in recruiting the four all-staters in this year's class. She's earned her spurs and would probably be as near a clone of Aston as there could be. If any assistant is hired she would top my list.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=205156311

Edited by GrayEagle

I just don't understand it. Ever since Coach Fry left North Texas, and except for the Corkey Nelson hire, I've scratched my head and wondered what the hell the administration is thinking in their decision making process for hiring a coach. For that matter, why do the alums, or anyone for that matter, have any hesitancy regarding who should be hired.

When Hayden Fry left the job, it should have been a no brainer....PROFILE COACH FRY AND IDENTIFY ALL THE MAJOR FACTORS THAT MADE HIM SUCCESSFUL HERE AT NORTH TEXAS. NEXT, PROFILE THE APPLICANTS AND HIRE SOMEONE JUST LIKE COACH FRY. With the exception of Coach Nelson, the people in charge of hiring coaches at North Texas have been basically brain dead. After going through six coaches since Fry left, we finally hired someone who really gets everyone excited...and that includes the players as well as the fans. And for the most part HE'S JUST LIKE COACH FRY!

DO THE SAME FRIGGIN THING WITH THIS HIRE. INTERVIEW ALL THE PLAYERS (most of which she didn't recruit) FIND OUT WHY THEY PLAYED FOR HER AND NOT COACH STEPHENS. NEXT.... HIRE (from amongst the applicants) SOMEONE WHO HAS ALL (OR AT LEAST MOST) OF THE SAME QUALITIES AS COACH ASTON.

PROFILING. THE COPS (most notably the FBI) ARE SUCCESSFUL WITH IT.......WHY CAN'T WE DO THE SAME THING?

• Upvote 1

I just don't understand it. Ever since Coach Fry left North Texas, and except for the Corkey Nelson hire, I've scratched my head and wondered what the hell the administration is thinking in their decision making process for hiring a coach. For that matter, why do the alums, or anyone for that matter, have any hesitancy regarding who should be hired.

When Hayden Fry left the job, it should have been a no brainer....PROFILE COACH FRY AND IDENTIFY ALL THE MAJOR FACTORS THAT MADE HIM SUCCESSFUL HERE AT NORTH TEXAS. NEXT, PROFILE THE APPLICANTS AND HIRE SOMEONE JUST LIKE COACH FRY. With the exception of Coach Nelson, the people in charge of hiring coaches at North Texas have been basically brain dead. After going through six coaches since Fry left, we finally hired someone who really gets everyone excited...and that includes the players as well as the fans. And for the most part HE'S JUST LIKE COACH FRY!

DO THE SAME FRIGGIN THING WITH THIS HIRE. INTERVIEW ALL THE PLAYERS (most of which she didn't recruit) FIND OUT WHY THEY PLAYED FOR HER AND NOT COACH STEPHENS. NEXT.... HIRE (from amongst the applicants) SOMEONE WHO HAS ALL (OR AT LEAST MOST) OF THE SAME QUALITIES AS COACH ASTON.

PROFILING. THE COPS (most notably the FBI) ARE SUCCESSFUL WITH IT.......WHY CAN'T WE DO THE SAME THING?

Good gosh, Robot Coach Fry has infiltrated the Basketball forum.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Just thinking ahead....

Let's say DMac turns this thing around and we're selling out Apogee game after game, win after win. Would a salesman really be the ideal guy to lead this guy onward? I speculate if DMac were in Norman trying to sell OU Football the same way to Soonernation, they'd probably feel patronized.

• Upvote 1