Coach Aston interviewed for Texas HC job

Greenhorn

One year here and she gets a two day interview with the dark side. Someone other than a few of us here must have been paying attention it seems. Let's hope now that Muffet impresses in her interview after the tourney and we get to keep K Sue a little longer.

Star Telegram

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/03/29/3846458/college-notes-texas-interviews.html

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

She was nice to me and my kids at the Plano coaches caravan last year (when Jub was forced to announce my name as a winner of tickets and whatnot). I hope she stays, but let's be realistic:

(1) Texas is bigger than us and has more money

(2) Texas is bigger than us and has more money

That being said, if Aston leaves, it's our chance to hire Kathy McConnell-Miller away from her WNBA gig.

If I'm not mistaken Donna Capps is still available. Maybe if we ask her nicely she will forgive us for that last Uh Oh and give us a second chance?

Rick

I know Donna Capps was a successful coach, but why hasn't she been picked up? Attitude issues? Just asking, because she seems too good of a coach to not be moving up.

The possibility of Aston being one and done at NT...

:cry::no::shocking::notfair:

I guess that is a testament to the job she did here. She turned the woman’s program around here and I am very thankful for that.

But…

“You can’t leave! All the plants will die.” (quote from the movie Stripes when Bill Murray’s girl friend is leaving)

• Upvote 2